"What's that movie?" ('Guess the quote' game)

Gosh, I give up on the first one. Sry
No worries~
Feel free to give these a shot if you'd like:
"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
"You know, I've always wanted a child, and now I think I'll have one - on toast!"
"What kind of trickery is this...?"
"I know his weakness. Bullets."

Last edited:
"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
"You know, I've always wanted a child, and now I think I'll have one - on toast!"
"What kind of trickery is this...?"
"I know his weakness. Bullets."
Alright. My guesses:

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Dumbledore says that to Harry, in the hospital scene (I think?) I have to admit a part of me wants to say this is something from Gandalf, but that just might be the archeytpe of "old wizard" meshing together in my head.
2. Honestly no idea.
3. Nnnot sure. Sounds like something a villain would say in a supehero movie, in surprise. Megamind? Despicable Me?
4. Could be the Mindhunters, but I remember this quote differently from what's written, so I'll abstain for now.

Alright. My guesses:

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Dumbledore says that to Harry, in the hospital scene (I think?) I have to admit a part of me wants to say this is something from Gandalf, but that just might be the archeytpe of "old wizard" meshing together in my head.
2. Honestly no idea.
3. Nnnot sure. Sounds like something a villain would say in a supehero movie, in surprise. Megamind? Despicable Me?
4. Could be the Mindhunters, but I remember this quote differently from what's written, so I'll abstain for now.
1.That was also my guess, but I'm pretty sure that's something Dumbledore says in the book and that isn't in the movie...
3. Megamind is correct! ^^

1.That was also my guess, but I'm pretty sure that's something Dumbledore says in the book and that isn't in the movie...
3. Megamind is correct! ^^
Yeaaah! Also, yeah, I'm an avid reader and I knew I heard it before, so I thought to myself, "That sounds like something Gandalf or Dumbledore would say," and then it was just a matter of choosing which one, and I settled on Dumbledore, which was kind of risky, given the way that the afterlife works in LoTR: you literally just go on a boat to another continent. At least for some races.

Quote: "Believe it or not, you make perfect sense to me. I should hang. I'm a hypocrite. I ask for sincerity and I lie. I denounce the system as I embrace it. I want money and power and prestige. I want ratings and success. I don't give a damn about you or the world. That's the truth. For this I could say I'm sorry, but I won't. Why should I? I mean, who the hell are you anyways, you - audience! You're on me every night like a pack of wolves because you can't stand facing what you are and what you've made! Yes, the world is a terrible place. Yes, cancer and garbage disposals will get you. Yes, a war is coming. Yes, the world is shot to hell and you're all goners! Everything's screwed up and you like it that way, don't you!"

Based on the films and TV shows quoted thus far, this should be a little challenge.

Quote: "Believe it or not, you make perfect sense to me. I should hang. I'm a hypocrite. I ask for sincerity and I lie. I denounce the system as I embrace it. I want money and power and prestige. I want ratings and success. I don't give a damn about you or the world. That's the truth. For this I could say I'm sorry, but I won't. Why should I? I mean, who the hell are you anyways, you - audience! You're on me every night like a pack of wolves because you can't stand facing what you are and what you've made! Yes, the world is a terrible place. Yes, cancer and garbage disposals will get you. Yes, a war is coming. Yes, the world is shot to hell and you're all goners! Everything's screwed up and you like it that way, don't you!"

Based on the films and TV shows quoted thus far, this should be a little challenge.
Clue? ^^"

1988 Drama film. Directed by Oliver Stone. It's about a radio talk show, and its volatile host.

(It's a hard one to give clues for :P )

Ayama Ayama This film is beautiful, despite tackling some hardcore issues in a very raw way. It's one of my must-sees. It starts off a bit dry, and the production is very dated, but the latter half is worth the wait.

1988 Drama film. Directed by Oliver Stone. It's about a radio talk show, and its volatile host.

(It's a hard one to give clues for :P )

Ayama Ayama This film is beautiful, despite tackling some hardcore issues in a very raw way. It's one of my must-sees. It starts off a bit dry, and the production is very dated, but the latter half is worth the wait.
No idea xD

#1 "did you wash your hands? With soap? Did you dry them?"
#2 "he's your son!?"
#3 "hey! Was that floating like a Cadillac? Or was that stinging like a beemer? I'm confused..."

Hint: they're all Disney movies

Quote: " I'm moving up the food chain! I'm gonna chew on something that has a FACE! "
Will the Krill, Happy Feet Two.

quote:
“You’re right. I don’t deserve her. Here’s where you’re wrong: She was already perfect.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back