"What's that movie?" ('Guess the quote' game)

Ayama

Enthusiast
So the rules of the game are simple:
-If you can guess one of the current quotes correctly, you can post a quote of your own
(Quote and movie selection are up to you, so feel free to go as basic or obscure as you want)
-If someone requests a hint for your quote, you have to give it
Easy, right? Good- let's get started!

Quote: "If I die, find me a wife, and tell her I love her!"

"If I die, find me a wife, and tell her I love her!" (Ice Age)
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." (The Usual Suspects)
"Round up the usual suspects." (Casablanca)
"There's a million Archie Graham's in this phonebook. What makes this one so important that we had to drive 500 miles to find him?" (Field of Dreams)
"Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need... roads." (Back to the Future)
"The impudence! The audacity! The unmitigated gall!" (How The Grinch Stole Christmas)
"I say we follow this pipe back to its origin and apprehend the culprits behind this aquatic conundrum!" (Rango)
"I will get a life, Bartok- hers!" (Anastasia)
"Not de pouty bat face..." (Hotel Transylvania)
"What kind of trickery is this...?" (Megamind)
"Did you wash your hands? With soap? Did you dry them?" (The Incredibles)
"Hey! Was that floating like a Cadillac? Or was that stinging like a beamer? I'm confused..." (Cars)
"He's your son?!" (Ratatouille)
"I'm moving up the food chain! I'm gonna chew on something that has a FACE!" (Happy Feet 2)
“You’re right. I don’t deserve her. Here’s where you’re wrong: She was already perfect.” (Iron Man 3)
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by assholes!” (Spaceballs)
“They’ve done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.” (Anchorman)
"You know, I've always wanted a child, and now I think I'll have one - on toast!" "Amok! Amok! Amok! Amok!" (Hocus Pocus)
"I will never be good enough for you, will I? No matter how hard I try." (Encanto)
"To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
"I know his weakness. Bullets."
"When you're hurt and scared for so long, the fear and pain turn to hate and the hate starts to change the world."
"I'm just looking for a reasonable ratio of wontons to broth- this is absolute madness."
"A little advice? Never test a guinea pig, m'kay?"
"What play are they rehearsing?" "Braindead- it's gonna be a smash."
“The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.”

Last edited:
It's a disney movie. I want to say Ice Age but I keep picturing Woody from Toy Story saying this line.

I'm going to say Ice Age, my nephews love those movies so I've seen it a few times.

Quote: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

It's a disney movie. I want to say Ice Age but I keep picturing Woody from Toy Story saying this line.

I'm going to say Ice Age, my nephews love those movies so I've seen it a few times.

Quote: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Wow, that's impressive- I didn't expect anyone to get that!
Ice Age is correct (it's from the 4th movie in the series, to be precise). Though Toy Story seems like a good guess too xD

I love that quote- pretty sure it's been in more than one movie ^^
I also feel like it was in a movie I saw recently, so I'm gonna say... X-men?

I love that quote- pretty sure it's been in more than one movie ^^
I also feel like it was in a movie I saw recently, so I'm gonna say... X-men?

Definitely not X-Men, lol. It's a cult classic from the 90s. Bit of a lesser known nugget of cinema gold.

How does this work? Do we keep going, reveal the answer, post a clue?

"There's a million Archie Graham's in this phonebook. What makes this one so important that we had to drive 500 miles to find him?"

“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
Since there's nothing before me, I am not required to guess XD

“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
Since there's nothing before me, I am not required to guess XD
I want to say Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings...?
Also you should try guessing any quotes that haven't yet been identified.

There was no clue because you guessed the movie. The Usual Suspects.

Quote: "Round up the usual suspects."
Film: Cassablanca

That was a freebe. No one really knew that one?

There was no clue because you guessed the movie. The Usual Suspects.

Quote: "Round up the usual suspects."
Film: Cassablanca

That was a freebe. No one really knew that one?
I've only seen it once.

Quote: "I will get a life, Bartok- hers!"

Quote: "Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it. "

Quote: "Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it. "
That quote is from the best movie in the whole damn world ;P

Quote: "I say we follow this pipe back to its origin and apprehend the culprits behind this aquatic conundrum!"

Uh... I give up...

Is it against the rules to use a quote from a show?

Quote: “We’ll have 3 kids, and a dog, no, a cat! No wait, a hamster! Hamsters are adorable! And we’ll name it-“

Uh... I give up...

Is it against the rules to use a quote from a show?

Quote: “We’ll have 3 kids, and a dog, no, a cat! No wait, a hamster! Hamsters are adorable! And we’ll name it-“
Clue: The hero of the movie is a lizard.

Can we get a clue for yours?

Uh... clue: the main protagonist of the show sometimes wears a spotted suit

lol, when I read spotted suit, I thought it was an actual professional suit that a man wears with spots on it. Then I read your post that said "Ladybugs!"

Miraculous

Quote "Roads? Where we are going we don't need roads."

Last edited:
lol, when I read spotted suit, I thought it was an actual professional suit that a man wears with spots on it. Then I read your post that said "Ladybugs!"

Miraculous

Quote "Roads? Where we are going we don't need roads."
Back to the Future! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back