Viewpoint What’s one RP trope you can’t live without?

anything platonic/found family/friendship orientated. like gosh darn i love me some good platonic love 🥺🥺🥺

i am also a sucker for whump tho gotta make my characters suffer-
Right. Platonic RP's are so under-rated. Some of my most memorable RP's have been purely platonic.

anything platonic/found family/friendship orientated. like gosh darn i love me some good platonic love 🥺🥺🥺

i am also a sucker for whump tho gotta make my characters suffer-

Another person who enjoys the suffering of their characters?

Hard-working and relentless in their job/tasks, but a total softie in their home life. Yes please.

Characters who are mundane, reserved, or otherwise just very non-violent absolutely losing their shit and possibly committing a murder. Just being pushed to that breaking point, either by mental strain or brute force, then having to deal with the consequences of it all. Grappling with the fact that they're capable of atrocity, or that they even found it exciting in the moment. The path they go down afterwards, whether for better or worse. It's so damn good, I don't care how edgy it is.

Late edit: I also just remembered my fondness for "the stoic traumatized character getting pushed to their limit by the caring words of another and eventually breaking down in their arms"

Last edited:
Romance, mystery, and suspense. That doesn't mean violence or crime needs to be involved, but a role-play that keeps each other guessing what's going to happen next. I also find role-plays can be boring without some kind of action/adventure to them.

Not sure if it’s a trope, but humour.

Even in darker RPs, if you can’t sneak some occasional humour in there it’s just too serious and depressing for me. 🙈

Not sure if it’s a trope, but humour.

Even in darker RPs, if you can’t sneak some occasional humour in there it’s just too serious and depressing for me. 🙈
Dark RP? Perfect opportunity for gallow's humour!

Superpowers of any sort. I used to also be really into Genderbending as comedy but I'm trying to move away from that out of respect for transgender people.

A dose of action comedy! I love misadventures and characters who cause their own problems. Clumsy characters. Impulsive characters. Those characters who have thoughts that are “crazy” enough to work in highly impossible scenarios. Even in slice of life can be livened up with an accident or two - all in good fun of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back