Experiences What's one RP trope/topic that makes you leave without discussion?

2. Minors and adults roleplaying non platonic relationships, it just puts me off because I've been a victim of that in the past and it's just heckin weird.
I agree. It's no offense to anyone under 18 or to put into question their writing skills, but as an adult I don't write with minors at all. It was fine when I was one because that was my age group but not now.

2. Minors and adults roleplaying non platonic relationships, it just puts me off because I've been a victim of that in the past and it's just heckin weird.
Yes, this.

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find any adults who RP with minors for exactly this reason. I have seen it, but generally RPers who usually stick to fluffy platonic stories. Don't get me wrong, I love platonic stories and think they're under-rated, but I get into some pretty dark and gritty content that I would not feel comfortable writing with minors regardless of whether romance was involved or not.

(only on this thread because it's interesting,and I'm rarely on rpn because reasons)

1. When there is a bisexual romantic pairing but the person interested in roleplaying will not let me play anything but the opposite gender. I don't have anything against having a bi character dating the opposite gender but at that point in the roleplay it just feels like it's a cis straight relationship between the characters. I mean no disrespect by that btw.

3. When a roleplay is open to non human OCS and I bring my most played character in (an anthro rabbit mutant, he is not a furry) and people say I can't play him even though he fits the guidelines. And then say I can't play a furry (even if I tell them he isn't a furry) and make fun of me. It's just an over all red flag for me.
I'm curious about the mutant rabbit. Usually when I read "Anthro", it usually means a furry. So I'm just wondering what the muto-bunny is all about

I'm curious about the mutant rabbit. Usually when I read "Anthro", it usually means a furry. So I'm just wondering what the muto-bunny is all about
He's actually just a robot
He wears this "skin" material and can change it based on how he feels, usually it's the rabbit for because he is most comfortable like that, and, depending on the story, he can shapeshift into a normal rabbit. It's kinda like a non-humanoid being in a trenchcoat to make it look humanoid situation if that makes sense.
The anthro-rabbit appearance is just a disguise.

He's actually just a robot
He wears this "skin" material and can change it based on how he feels, usually it's the rabbit for because he is most comfortable like that, and, depending on the story, he can shapeshift into a normal rabbit. It's kinda like a non-humanoid being in a trenchcoat to make it look humanoid situation if that makes sense.
The anthro-rabbit appearance is just a disguise.
wait, so.... the robot feels discomfort?

3. When a roleplay is open to non human OCS and I bring my most played character in (an anthro rabbit mutant, he is not a furry) and people say I can't play him even though he fits the guidelines. And then say I can't play a furry (even if I tell them he isn't a furry) and make fun of me. It's just an over all red flag for me.
i don't run into this issue often, but it can be disheartening sometimes when you're plotting with a partner for a very fictional setting (see: high fantasy, sci-fi, magical realism, metahumans) and they are opposed to you using a character that isn't "human enough"

elves, dwarves, vampires, shifters, aliens with different colored eyes? all fine. but the second you lean into something less than that, it's too much. i'm not even talking about humanoid animals that people could argue are anthro, i'm talking more along the lines of exotic alien designs or grim fae concepts. like i said though, it's not a constant thing since i still have plenty of characters who look more human than not, but it sucks for my guys who are a little bit funky

Last edited:
I suffer from borderline personality disorder, depression, anxiety, PTSD and bipolar disorder, so usually when any of these are brought up, it tends to make me extremely uncomfortable. Roleplaying was, and still is, the escape I can get from my life when I’m struggling with my mental illness. Having it be pushed back in my face in someone’s form tends to make me get reminded of the lows I go through on the daily. Plus, most people seem to give characters BPD as a “fun” thing and don’t really understand what it’s like to go through it daily.

Also any mention of SH or SI. I’ve struggled a lot in the past, been clean for seven months for SH and almost a year for SI, but it triggers me really badly to see mention of that, even if it’s just mentioned in a character’s background.

I’m a little weary of threads that are OC x Canon who are looking to double up. In my experience, it always ended up that one of their characters (the OC most likely) gets more attention than the Canon because they’re interested in the relationship aspect of things. Don’t get me wrong, romance is nice. However, the whole thing seems superficial and forced if there’s no effort into playing a second character. I usually double up only when I’m really keen on playing another muse.

Overly edgy characters. "Ohh look at me I eat cigarettes and black coffee for breakfast, I wear leather jackets and ride a motorcycle and I'm so baddd" looks like they fell straight out of a bad BTS fic (nothing against BTS, just hate that trope, that particularly gets pushed onto Yoongi. Kpop fans will know what I'm talking about)
I'm not above an edgy character, alcohol and drugs don't make me squeamish, I can even say I like exploring topics of substance abuse and tbh? I like a good bad boy story. But if their ONLY character traits are dead parents, subtsance abuse, angst and leather jackets, I get bored. Like at that point it's just telling me the person doesn't know how to develop a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back