• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered What's Okay to Post in Writing Forum

Merciless Medic

Walking Pokemon Dictionary
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I already know about the Global Site Rules that affect the Writing Forum, but I'm more wondering if it's alright to add works you've done on other sites (if it's a collaboration, obviously credit is going to be needed), but I was wondering if I could add some submissions I gave to writing contest prompts, polishing up my submissions and adding them here once I'm done with that. I have already asked the creator of said writing contest and they said it was okay, just as long as I send a credit link to them, the contest, and don't make any money off of it (I mean obviously), and that I don't own any Pokemon because it is a Pokemon RPG Writing Contest. My profile name is the same on the other site too, so yall can see if that my profiles throughout the internet are related xD

Anyway, hope this can be answered :3

If the writing doesn't violate our global site rules and you have permission from the co-authors, you can post any kind of writing - prose, poetry, fanfiction.
I assume those contests have ended and you will have no repercussions for posting the entries on other sites?

Should be careful with posting links though, because if the linked site has content that contradicts our site rules, those links will be subject to removal. So it would be better if you post the stories on the site rather than linking them.

Ahh thank you.

It's technically fanfiction set in the Pokemon world, but if it were in a fanmade region with high fantasy elements in the medieval era. The contest hasn't ended yet, but he doesn't mind if I send out my prompt submissions to other sites, just as long as I tell him where I'm doing it.

Would Quotev contradict this site's rules? I'm not sure if it does. I mean, I already have the chapters on Quotev in a shared contest 'book', I was just wondering if I can share it on other platforms since I'm really proud of myself with what I have done in the contest and was just wondering if I could share it here. :3

I've checked Quotev site rules and looks like they allow sexual content. So it is best to not post direct links here.

Oh dear :/ Well that's not good. There's no content like that in the contest itself, but that would mean I wouldn't be able to send my prompt submissions here without a proper credit. :/ But thank you for letting me know :3

Would it be possible to just mention the co-author, contest, and site it's on without having direct links?

I think that should be fine. I appreciate your willingness to credit the original authors. ^33^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back