Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand to an extent of what you're saying.

I think if someone comes to you asking for a specific rp, I dont think someone should get snippy that they dont exactly want the plot you've made. unless it's a really specific plot. but if its based off of pairings and you made a plot for it, I dont think getting snippy would be the right thing if they dont like it.

I dont like when someone will come to me and try to make a plot with me, but they end up taking over the whole thing. it should be a 50/50 teamwork. and not include passive aggressiveness.

No I don’t mean a pre-made plot. I mean when I’m doing 90% of the work while the other person sits on their butt. Then they get pissed off when I don’t want them to completely alter the roleplay because they have a random idea in the middle plot.

Like for an example I had a roleplay where the person specifically told me I had to do the world building and plotting for the roleplay. They literally only wanted to make their character and that’s it. Everything else was my responsibility.

They proceeded to get mad when they Character they made didn’t fit into the plot I came up with.

And I was willing to change things I just told them I wouldn’t be able to do all the changes by myself. I would need help.

People who flat out lie in their search threads. What's the fucking point of having a search thread in the first place if you aren't going to be honest with what you want/don't want to incorporate into the rp?

I have a few pet peeves that I have run into on multiple occasions.

✦ — Partners who will not contribute to the story as a whole and only talk about their character's arc.
✦ — Partners who make everything about them.
✦ — Partners who make me feel like I don't have a voice. (i.e. all of the ideas I offer are rejected in favour of their own)
✦ — Partners who beg me to write the starter and then when I send it, abandon the roleplay.

What's making me angry today?

This can really apply to any general situation but it really bothers me when people have dumb excuses for things.

Like someone wont write as this character bc of a dumb excuse or someone wont rp a certain time period bc of another excuse.

Idk I understand if you're new at rping but... If you want to meet people and be apart of a lot things, I feel like it would be so good to do as much as you can, not only to learn but just expand your horizons ;;

This can really apply to any general situation but it really bothers me when people have dumb excuses for things.

Like someone wont write as this character bc of a dumb excuse or someone wont rp a certain time period bc of another excuse.

Idk I understand if you're new at rping but... If you want to meet people and be apart of a lot things, I feel like it would be so good to do as much as you can, not only to learn but just expand your horizons ;;

So what do you consider to be dumb excuses?

So what do you consider to be dumb excuses?

any kind of excuse that isn't actually relevant to the situation.

for an example someone I knew wouldnt rp an medieval fantasy rp with me because they didnt like history in school. meanwhile history didnt have anything to do with, there would be castles involved and maybe some lore on clothing and speech. but... not important events you learn about in school. idk maybe it's just me lmaoo

This attitude is a pretty big pet peeve of mine. Ffs it's just a hobby, let people enjoy it whatever way they want.

People ghosting me for months
Or wanting to restart a whole group

This attitude is a pretty big pet peeve of mine. Ffs it's just a hobby, let people enjoy it whatever way they want.
I understand! I wasnt trying to be rude about it, sorry if it came out that way!

I was venting that something so minor would change their perspective on doing something in a rp!

my venting today also ties in with rae2nerdy rae2nerdy and how they get frustrated with people changing the plot significantly and not putting in as much work as them.

I was venting that something so minor would change their perspective on doing something in a rp!
This pretty much sums up my issue with this attitude. If something causes someone to change their perspective on doing something in an rp, it obviously isn't a minor thing for them. No matter how small or ingsificant you might think it is, shitting on their reasoning and labeling it as "a dumb excuse" is just being a dick over someone not wanting to do something you do.

my venting today also ties in with @middleagedgeek and how they get frustrated with people changing the plot significantly and not putting in as much work as them.
I really don't see how it does.

This pretty much sums up my issue with this attitude. If something causes someone to change their perspective on doing something in an rp, it obviously isn't a minor thing for them. No matter how small or ingsificant you might think it is, shitting on their reasoning and labeling it as "a dumb excuse" is just being a dick over someone not wanting to do something you do.

I really don't see how it does.

Yikes.. I dont see why I'm being called a dick about this. This thread is to vent, not really attack people over their view on things.

I didnt think it was insignificant, and I wasnt attacking them. Like i said I'm frustrated that something small (even though it may or may not be big to them).

It does relate to what we said before about major plot changes. If a story is revolved around a time period, and is completely changed because someone doesnt want to be apart of the time period, then that is a little frustrating. I dont want to hear that people can work around it, it's just something that I personally wouldnt like to do.

It doesn't seem something major though if it's something as small as not liking a subject in school, even though it really doesnt relate to the topic at hand at all.

I fall under only liking to play one gender. Just how I am, its what interests me and I don't force anyone to play a male character for my RPs, I just won't RP with you. I won't force someone to play a role they don't want to and I like the same respect back. I also don't get upset about it though either because we all have different things that make us enjoy the RP.
For me, I only play as female characters because I've spent a lot of time creating female characters already and every male character I seem to create just falls into a movie cliche because Hollywood loves men. I'm over it, when I see it every day I don't want to play it as well in a hobby I'm supposed to enjoy.

I fall under only liking to play one gender. Just how I am, its what interests me and I don't force anyone to play a male character for my RPs, I just won't RP with you. I won't force someone to play a role they don't want to and I like the same respect back. I also don't get upset about it though either because we all have different things that make us enjoy the RP.
For me, I only play as female characters because I've spent a lot of time creating female characters already and every male character I seem to create just falls into a movie cliche because Hollywood loves men. I'm over it, when I see it every day I don't want to play it as well in a hobby I'm supposed to enjoy.

So would writing as a male be what's making you angry today ?? bc I can feel that like 25% of the time. Most of the time I dont mind doing it, its just when I have 5-6 rps in the making and I'm writing a Male in 4-5 of them. it just gets a little frustrating when the only way I can write as a female is doubling. I wish more people were open to writing and practicing as other roles!

So would writing as a male be what's making you angry today ?? bc I can feel that like 25% of the time. Most of the time I dont mind doing it, its just when I have 5-6 rps in the making and I'm writing a Male in 4-5 of them. it just gets a little frustrating when the only way I can write as a female is doubling. I wish more people were open to writing and practicing as other roles!
Nah. It doesn't make me mad, it was just more of an eye opener for anyone who shares the anger of others only liking to play one gender.
RPing is a hobby and something to enjoy, so not everyone wants or needs to venture out of what they're comfortable doing within RPing. It's about enjoying what they're doing and if they know that playing a Male or female character won't let them enjoy the RP then they shouldn't do it. They should just look for compatible partners who are willing to play the preferred pairing. Other people's preferences can be frustrating but it comes with the experience just like ghosting does and writers block and stale moments in the RP, it's just one of those things.

any kind of excuse that isn't actually relevant to the situation.

for an example someone I knew wouldnt rp an medieval fantasy rp with me because they didnt like history in school. meanwhile history didnt have anything to do with, there would be castles involved and maybe some lore on clothing and speech. but... not important events you learn about in school. idk maybe it's just me lmaoo

Did you let them know you were only interested in the aesthetic and not the time period? Cuz I mean if you ask me for a Medieval Roleplay I’m also going to assume you mean the actual time period.

That said if you specifically said hey I only want the aesthetic you don’t need to look up anything and they still gave the excuse than yeah that’s silly. Just say you aren’t interested.

Did you let them know you were only interested in the aesthetic and not the time period? Cuz I mean if you ask me for a Medieval Roleplay I’m also going to assume you mean the actual time period.

That said if you specifically said hey I only want the aesthetic you don’t need to look up anything and they still gave the excuse than yeah that’s silly. Just say you aren’t interested.

Yeah I mentioned that, I had also told them that supernatural creatures were involved since that's the pairing we decided on.. and they still gave me that kind of answer/excuse. it's over and done with now!

Nah. It doesn't make me mad, it was just more of an eye opener for anyone who shares the anger of others only liking to play one gender.
RPing is a hobby and something to enjoy, so not everyone wants or needs to venture out of what they're comfortable doing within RPing. It's about enjoying what they're doing and if they know that playing a Male or female character won't let them enjoy the RP then they shouldn't do it. They should just look for compatible partners who are willing to play the preferred pairing. Other people's preferences can be frustrating but it comes with the experience just like ghosting does and writers block and stale moments in the RP, it's just one of those things.

It’s not about gender. It’s about the attitude.

The issue at hand isn’t specifically about playing females only. It’s about the entitled attitude that is in a lot of these threads that basically comes across as “This roleplay is all about what I want. Your just here to do my bidding.”

So if you say “Hey I would prefer the female role in these plots. I’d love it if you could play the male/love interest.”

It’s not as demanding and puts it down to just the other persons preference.

I don’t care if you play a specific gender. I do care if you act like my only purpose in the roleplay is to give you what you want.

Yeah I mentioned that, I had also told them that supernatural creatures were involved since that's the pairing we decided on.. and they still gave me that kind of answer/excuse. it's over and done with now!

Oh yeah that’s weird. Everyone knows fantasy time periods aren’t anything like real world. I mean medieval fantasy is practically its own genre for crying out loud.

Oh yeah that’s weird. Everyone knows fantasy time periods aren’t anything like real world. I mean medieval fantasy is practically its own genre for crying out loud.
Ah, I was referring to the first post that Meisaki did where they just said it was frustrating when someone only played 1 gender. Attitude is a different story and it's not always just centered around gender in the RP so that doesn't have anything to do with what I was getting at. If someone has a bad attitude about ANYTHING in the RP then you shouldn't RP with them, gender related or not.

yes when we were discussing it, the main point was including vampires. So I assumed before I explained what I wanted that they would knows it's a medieval fantasy rp.

Ah, I was referring to the first post that Meisaki did where they just said it was frustrating when someone only played 1 gender. Attitude is a different story and it's not always just centered around gender in the RP so that doesn't have anything to do with what I was getting at. If someone has a bad attitude about ANYTHING in the RP then you shouldn't RP with them, gender related or not.

Yeah to be honest it’s not a literal complaint about people who only roleplay females but a short-hand for a specific type of person that only roleplays females.

The kind that acts like the entitled princess who gets to have everything revolving around them.

Kinda like a “Becky”. Calling someone a Becky doesn’t literally mean their name is Rebecca. It means their acting like kind of a snotty spoiled brat.

So the “I only play females” example isn’t literally about only playing females. It’s about the entitled attitude some people cop when they say that.

Which admittedly is hard to understand if your not familiar with the phenomena.

(Firstly, please excuse the awful spelling. I'm rather sleep-deprived right now and coffee would send me rocketing around the house.)

This subject has been touched on by T Tove . I'd suggest giving her earlier posts a good read if you're looking for a little more context on this silliness :P

Now, I try to be understanding to 'each to their own' but.. fuck furries. Before everyone jumps on me for dissing on their fursona, the average person that enjoys messing around with fluffy tails and wolf-ear hairbands are completely fine with me. The ones that really grind my gears are two clichés that i've come across somewhat regularly on this site.

1: Injects generic furry character into any and all group/1-2-1 RPs they join regardless of context, genre or lore.

"Oh, you're making a ww2 paratrooper roleplay? Mind if my cocker-spaniel fursona takes part in it? Don't worry, i'll be sure to not be overpowered or anything silly like that."

-_-

2: This is more for a furry GM. Only anthro world, no ordinary humans allowed.

For me this is a situation of 'practice what you preach'. If a furry wants to inject their wolf 'UwU' boy into my historical pirate roleplay, then it's only fair that i'm allowed to make a generic middle aged white male in your medieval furry kingdom. Equal oppertunities for everyone! Obviously i'm being a bit of a dick towards those that genuinely enjoy making anthro worlds, if that's what they prefer to run then that's pretty cool beans. It's those that run only anthro rps but want to play a furry in other people's threads that really makes my blood pressure rise.

Last edited:
(Firstly, please excuse the awful spelling. I'm rather sleep-deprived right now and coffee would send me rocketing around the house.)

This subject has been touched on by T Tove . I'd suggest giving her earlier posts a good read if you're looking for a little more context on this silliness :P

Now, I try to be understanding to 'each to their own' but.. fuck furries. Before everyone jumps on me for dissing on their fursona, the average person that enjoys messing around with fluffy tails and wolf-ear hairbands are completely fine with me. The ones that really grind my gears are two clichés that i've come across somewhat regularly on this site.

1: Injects generic furry character into any and all group/1-2-1 RPs they join regardless of context, genre or lore.

"Oh, you're making a ww2 paratrooper roleplay? Mind if my cocker-spaniel fursona takes part in it? Don't worry, i'll be sure to not be overpowered or anything silly like that."

-_-

2: This is more for a furry GM. Only anthro world, no ordinary humans allowed.

For me this is a situation of 'practice what you preach'. If a furry wants to inject their wolf 'UwU' boy into my historical pirate roleplay, then it's only fair that i'm allowed to make a generic middle aged white male in your medieval furry kingdom. Equal oppertunities for everyone! Obviously i'm being a bit of a dick towards those that genuinely enjoy making anthro worlds, if that's what they prefer to run then that's pretty cool beans. It's those that run only anthro rps but want to play a furry in other people's threads that really makes my blood pressure rise.
LMAOOO this one made me laugh. I find furries a lil gross not gonna lie, and I'm kind of sorry for saying that but also not really.

the ww2 example has me like: 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

yeah I totally get what you mean, it's really annoying when people force ideas or characters into the rp that obviously doesnt suit it.

yeah I totally get what you mean, it's really annoying when people force ideas or characters into the rp that obviously doesnt suit it.

'That guy':

"Hey, I know your thread is about medieval fantasy world.. but can I make my guy a time traveller from the year 3050? He'll have his plasma pistols and vibro blade.. and his energy shield... and his AI gun-drone... and his cyber dog... and his mini-nuke-auto-tracking-fuck-you-grenades... and a couple of assassin robots NPC companions.. but other than a few little niché things like that. He'll fit right in with the other characters."

Me:

"What the literal fuck is wrong with you?"

I really dislike when people won't let you go from an rp. Like if you're prepping to make an rp with them, and things turn rocky. Or you realize that you two aren't compatible. Or if you've just posted your intro post and they give you a half-assed one. Or you're 300 posts into the rp and you notice the quality in each of their responses are getting shittier.

And you try to leave, but they say "wait, no! i really enjoy rping w you!" or "we can try a new rp! im sorry!"

it really bothers me lmao. like, if i went out of my way, instead of ghosting you (which im against i usually like to leave messages), to tell you "hey things arent working out im not interested".

Why does said person have to guilt trip me and make me feel bad about it? Like i don't want to rp anymore, i don't want to fix things if things don't look right. I hate being held on like that because it puts me in a weird position. I can A) try to fix things but hate my life. B) make this person think im the bad guy bc i didnt like what they wanted to do. or i didnt like what they were doing..

Please dont put holds on me if im trying to leave, it just gets even more awkward and frustrating lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back