Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMeisaki

mighty lil goon
This little forum is just to vent and let your frustrations out. I find joy hearing other people's frustrations and being able to relate so I'm feeling very... frustrated right now.

"i onLy pLAy aS a fEmALe"

or when people will say they looked at your search thread but then ask redundant questions that are already answered on the thread.

JUST PAY ATTENTION PLEASE ITS NOT THAT HARD ;_;

ok I'm done.

EDIT:

this thread is SPECIFICALLY for pet peeves, not comic book heroes, not about if you think your character is x, y, or z -- PET PEEVES. please make ur own thread or pm to discuss that, this aint the place for it sweetie

tenor.gif

Last edited:
When people get too into their ships with others.

It’s like... We get it. You can write romance.

Calm down.

😅

1.When people call characters crushes. As in “My crush is character X, whose yours?”

No one, as I do not have romantic feelings for fictional characters.

2. people who use tiny font or bright colors. It hurts my eyes.

3. People who bitch and moan about people not wanting to roleplay with them when all their posts make them sound like a controlling dick. Like guess what it’s not how “unique interests” or “elite writing” or whatever that drives people away. It’s the fact that your a thundering a-hole.

Sorry on phone so post caught cut in two.

3b. Homophobes and people who use terms like SJW/PC Culture unironically. They tend to be intolerant assholes who micromanage the roleplay so that no “politics” get involved. Meanwhile screaming their own believes in your face.

4. Romantic Doubling. Ex. Susie plays a male & female and Jan plays a female & male.

It is basically a shallow way to get around the whole “I only play X gender” thing without having to actually acknowledge other people’s preference.

Like if I have to argue with you for ten minutes about which character I can “request” you to play it’s not about fairness Jan. It’s just about you being a selfish B and trying to manipulate people.

Sorry on phone so post caught cut in two.

3b. Homophobes and people who use terms like SJW/PC Culture unironically. They tend to be intolerant assholes who micromanage the roleplay so that no “politics” get involved. Meanwhile screaming their own believes in your face.

4. Romantic Doubling. Ex. Susie plays a male & female and Jan plays a female & male.

It is basically a shallow way to get around the whole “I only play X gender” thing without having to actually acknowledge other people’s preference.

Like if I have to argue with you for ten minutes about which character I can “request” you to play it’s not about fairness Jan. It’s just about you being a selfish B and trying to manipulate people.

Huh I never thought about doubling in that light! I mean, yes, it is a way around the "I only play as one gender" trope. But sometimes in rps I've been in it gives more variety to the story because there are more characters ??

But I also agree with you bc I've been in a romantic doubling and the other person gave me 100% as a female, and 50% as a male. that was really annoying...

Huh I never thought about doubling in that light! I mean, yes, it is a way around the "I only play as one gender" trope. But sometimes in rps I've been in it gives more variety to the story because there are more characters ??

But I also agree with you bc I've been in a romantic doubling and the other person gave me 100% as a female, and 50% as a male. that was really annoying...

Which is why I'm careful to call it romantic doubling. It's kind of like how you have toxic water and plain water. I don't have a problem with people playing multiple characters which is just plain doubling. What I have a problem with is specifically when doubling is used as a way to make people play multiple romantic pairings.

Because it's inevitably it's just a more elaborate way of saying "I only play females (or males)." Because they make this big deal about how they'll play a male for YOU but only if you play a male for them first. And it's like, sometimes it isn't about who is playing the male. Sometimes it's just about how selfish it is that you act like your special and shouldn't have to play both genders when you immediately turn around and expect your partner to do just that.

Maybe I'm fine playing a male as long as I'm actually ASKED. And not made to feel like I'm just filling in the romantic pairings that you want to roleplay.

1. People who say their responses tend to be 4+ paragraphs and have roleplays/posted works that corroborate this but when you start an RP with them they give you basically nothing. If you're not interested in the roleplay after all that's totally fine, I understand, we can try tweaking the plot to make it more interesting or simply agree we're not a good fit as partners. But whyyyyy give 10% effort and not say anything?? Drives me up the wall.

2. Ignoring large chunks of dialogue/scene-making in a post. It's one thing to miss a couple little things in a response, but when it's big things that might inform the plot it just feels like the other person didn't care enough to actually read what was written. Half of RP is reading skills and I'm not going to end up sticking with an RP where my partner can't seem to read what I've written.

3. "Oh yeah, lets do well developed characters that have their own lives and any romance is just a sub-plot" but then you start the RP and it takes two paragraphs before their character is either in love with yours or a perfect Mary/Gary-sue with no room for character growth.... or both.

I'm just lucky that all my current roleplays and partners don't suffer from any of this, but man has it ruined roleplays for me before lol.
(to any of my RP partners if they ever see this... you guys are the best.)

Something that makes me furious is romantic doubling. I won't automatically leave a roleplay over it nor will I leave a search thread over it either. It makes me mad more as an objective practice. As long as the individual is fine with me playing the character I actually want I'm not going to be too much of a dick about it in an actual roleplay/search.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an old group RPer but recently also started doing 1x1. I just realized that out of my attempts to do 1x1s so far, 75% of them doesn't even go beyond a couple of post. From this 75%, 50% of it doesn't even go to the step of making the RP starter. We just discuss and... they just suddenly vanish. I know this is not uncommon and I actually also expect this but damn, it frustate me more when it happen in 1x1. In group when an RP died before anything happen I can secretly blame someone else, but in 1x1 there's no one to blame but you or your partner. Sometime makes me wonder if I'm actually boring or overwhelming even in my bread form.

oh my god I see a small argument forming.. GUYS CHILL PLS.

you're all wonderful people and I appreciate you responding to this! I'm really surprised that people are coming forward! thank you so much! I'm really not trying to be negative or hate. I just want to vent my frustrations out!

by the way, what's making me angry today--

People that'll say that "we can work on the plot together" but when I ask if they have any ideas for the plot after giving them multiple ideas of mine, they'll draw a blank and say: they don't have any idea or that they're happy with what I came up . :(

People that'll say that "we can work on the plot together" but when I ask if they have any ideas for the plot after giving them multiple ideas of mine, they'll draw a blank and say: they don't have any idea or that they're happy with what I came up . :(
Ikr, and the next lines of conversation will end up like an interrogation rather than discussion because all the questions and discussion prompts only come from one side.

"Let's start in this city with my character finding yours in a bar."

"Yes"

"Should we make them have one or two opposing traits?"

"Yes"

"Or is it better for them to start with pre-established relationship?"

"Yes"

"Can you say something other than yes?"

"Yes"

images.png

[CREATES NEW SEARCH THREAD]

[DAY 2 BUMPS]

[DAY 4 BUMPS]

[DAY 6 NO HITS. STOPS BUMPING]

"Hi I like your thread and I was wondering . . ."

[Me having moved onto a new idea, isn't interested anymore, and has NO IDEA how they found the thread in the first place]

55113031-exasperated-young-boy-blowing-out-his-cheeks-pursing-his-lips-and-raising-his-eyebrows-close-up-face.jpg

Last edited:
My pet peeve is when a person plans a whole rp with you and just ghost you even though you’ve planned every detail and have made sure that they like it.

I’ve never had a problem with doubling really, I feel like I do a good job as a male love interests even though I like playing female just because I am one

oh my god I see a small argument forming.. GUYS CHILL PLS.

you're all wonderful people and I appreciate you responding to this! I'm really surprised that people are coming forward! thank you so much! I'm really not trying to be negative or hate. I just want to vent my frustrations out!

by the way, what's making me angry today--

I feel this on a spiritual level and the part that makes me HULK SMASH *primal scream*

Is when after saying they’re going to work on the plot and then spending the entire time giving basically one word answers.

They have the SHEER EFFING GALL to call me “bossy” or “controlling” or “bitchy”.

Like excuse the fuck out of you. I have done knowing but try to get you involved in the planning process only to be stuck basically writing a solo project.

For you to turn around and act like IM the problem? Ugh makes me so legitimately pissed off.

(Also again I apologize if it seemed like I was getting mad with Dutch. I honestly was just trying to explain why venting can be good for you. Nothing sucks the fun out of roleplaying like letting little annoyances boil over into passive aggressive resentments)

[CREATES NEW SEARCH THREAD]

[DAY 2 BUMPS]

[DAY 4 BUMPS]

[DAY 6 NO HITS. STOPS BUMPING]

"Hi I like your thread and I was wondering . . ."

[Me having moved onto a new idea, isn't interested anymore, and has NO IDEA how they found the thread in the first place]

55113031-exasperated-young-boy-blowing-out-his-cheeks-pursing-his-lips-and-raising-his-eyebrows-close-up-face.jpg

I think that might be due to how tags work on this site. Especially now, it’s easy to just search based on an interest and not realize the thread is closed.

It’s why I always just mark the whole thing as closed. I move the search to my Private Workshop in case I wanna use it again and put in the search thread itself - thread closed.

That said sometimes people will also just randomly ask me for stuff that is not even vaguely related to my interests.

Like I’m out here asking for a unicorn farm roleplay or a magical art roleplay.

And their like yo do you want to do a historical romance featuring a duke and commoner?

Like um no? Why do you ask?

When people just Ghost and then come at you weeks/months later like ... Um what you don’t want to RP anymore? Why yes I just love waiting around for a post for ... Months 🙄

Last edited:
People that RP for romance purposes. If it happens naturally in the story then ok. However the use of RPN as a medium for flirting and relationships is irritating. Go out and meet people. I tell people that I've never had a character in a relationship and I'm the one who raises eyebrows. I guess.

As a wise man once said

"Why would you say something so controversial and yet so brave"

My phone/thumbs are ready for forum combat.

People that RP for romance purposes. If it happens naturally in the story then ok. However the use of RPN as a medium for flirting and relationships is irritating. Go out and meet people. I tell people that I've never had a character in a relationship and I'm the one who raises eyebrows. I guess.

As a wise man once said

"Why would you say something so controversial and yet so brave"

Seriously that’s so creepy. I mean if you want to write romance stories that’s fine. But that doesn’t mean that I am dating you in real life.

It’s what skeeves me out so much about people who call pairings “crushes”. Or ask me if I have a character crush. Cuz ya know their fictional people not real.

*Puts up request thread*

"I roleplay unicorn robots only and they are responsible for the apocalypse!"

*Makes another request thread a day after*

"I roleplay unicorn robots and they are responsible for the apocalypse! Let's roleplay together!"

*Bumps existing threads several times the same day*

Status update
"Why doesn't anyone want to roleplay with me?" *Asks for advice*

*Helpful advice is given about how to make an attractive request thread*

New Request Thread
"I roleplay unicorn robots only and they are responsible for the apocalypse! Let's roleplay together! I welcome your ideas!"

*Bumps new thread several times*

Status update
"Why won't anyone roleplay with me?" *Asks for advice again on same issue*

*Is given helpful advice again*

*Bumps existing threads again without any updates*

Status update
"Why won't anyone roleplay with me?" *Asks for advice on same issue*

*Again helpful advice is given*

*Makes a new request thread*
"I roleplay unicorn robots only. Instead of them being responsible for the apocalypse wizards are and the unicorns have to stop them! Let's roleplay together! I welcome your ideas!" *Bumps thread thirty minutes later*

Status update.
"Why won't anyone roleplay with me?"

So not the point I know T Tove , but I’m seriously curious about these badass robot unicorns. Sounds like a super fun idea.

That said I know a few people your mimicking and wow. Spot in impression.

You just missed the part where they also post their robot unicorn request in a modern realistic interest check and complain about how the reason they aren’t getting a roleplay partner is how people are stuck up about unicorns and only like Pegasus instead.

Edit - Also how all the advice their getting is super mean/intimidating so people should be nicer and tell them what they want to hear.

What's making me mad today?

While creating a plot with a partner, they'll shove ideas down your throat. Any ideas that you have are 90% shut down or "rearranged" to their liking. Then when you shut them down, they ghost you. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
So not the point I know T Tove , but I’m seriously curious about these badass robot unicorns. Sounds like a super fun idea.

That said I know a few people your mimicking and wow. Spot in impression.

You just missed the part where they also post their robot unicorn request in a modern realistic interest check and complain about how the reason they aren’t getting a roleplay partner is how people are stuck up about unicorns and only like Pegasus instead.

Edit - Also how all the advice their getting is super mean/intimidating so people should be nicer and tell them what they want to hear.
These robot unicorns are going to not only stop the apocalypse lol they're going to beat the wizards responsible for it with laser guns and marshmallows lol.

Yup, couldn't agree with you more. Why even ask for advice if you are going to do the opposite of it and complain about it?

What's making me mad today?

While creating a plot with a partner, they'll shove ideas down your throat. Any ideas that you have are 90% shut down or "rearranged" to their liking. Then when you shut them down, they ghost you. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

See I tend to have people accuse me of doing this. I think it depends on what your ideas are. If I have just spent two weeks setting up a roleplay only for you to try to derail everything in the final hour with some off the wall idea I'm going to get pretty damn snippy. Because that's a lot of work I now have to totally redo just because you didn't like the idea I already worked on. And I'm one of those people that gives my partner updates every step of the way so it's not like any part of my plan is ever a surprise.

If however the idea is something that can reasonably be fit into the world without changing anything than yeah saying no is just a dick move.

As an example if we're doing a roleplay about sibling rivalry between superheroes. If you want to change the super powers the characters have or where they live or who they work for that's fine. If you want to make one of the siblings a wizard OR one of the siblings into a romantic hero than chances are I'm going to be a lot more snippy. Because that isn't the roleplay we're creating.

See I tend to have people accuse me of doing this. I think it depends on what your ideas are. If I have just spent two weeks setting up a roleplay only for you to try to derail everything in the final hour with some off the wall idea I'm going to get pretty damn snippy. Because that's a lot of work I now have to totally redo just because you didn't like the idea I already worked on. And I'm one of those people that gives my partner updates every step of the way so it's not like any part of my plan is ever a surprise.

If however the idea is something that can reasonably be fit into the world without changing anything than yeah saying no is just a dick move.

As an example if we're doing a roleplay about sibling rivalry between superheroes. If you want to change the super powers the characters have or where they live or who they work for that's fine. If you want to make one of the siblings a wizard OR one of the siblings into a romantic hero than chances are I'm going to be a lot more snippy. Because that isn't the roleplay we're creating.

I can understand to an extent of what you're saying.

I think if someone comes to you asking for a specific rp, I dont think someone should get snippy that they dont exactly want the plot you've made. unless it's a really specific plot. but if its based off of pairings and you made a plot for it, I dont think getting snippy would be the right thing if they dont like it.

I dont like when someone will come to me and try to make a plot with me, but they end up taking over the whole thing. it should be a 50/50 teamwork. and not include passive aggressiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back