Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this thread an awful lot.

What I don't like is when people come to me just for writing. I know that writing is typically the main focus of things, but I enjoy making friends with the people I'm RPing with...and I also get really hyped about my 1x1's. I make mood boards and playlists, and it makes me really sad when people don't put out the same level of energy. I know not everyone is extra/has the time for that stuff, but at least be excited whenever I make custom memes!

Like the one I'm about to post right now...

View attachment 810872
tf is a mood board?

It doesnt make me angry just kinda roll my eyes. But when people put “I need fantasy because I think it makes the roleplay interesting.”

Idk it just feels like they lack imagination. Like in their mind the only thing that gives life meaning is magic powers.

I always steer clear because I am like, if your character really has nothing else going for them but being a conduit for energy than we are not gonna be a good fit.

It bothers me that this site and it's users have a propensity for dunking on romance and I don't know if its because you are all children, men, or just that out of touch with the genre that the only thing you can POSSIBLY imagine happening in it is characters being objects of attraction. As if that is the ONLY THING romance brings to the table, as if that is the ONLY THING the genre has to offer. Learn that romance isn't ONLY about being an object of attraction, for fucks sakes, the genre has story to offer its why it is POPULAR and so beloved. You can say the same blanket statement about any god damn genre and generalize it to a singular aspect of that genre and make it sound as dumb, limited, and narrow as you do to romance. If anything lacks imagination its the way people imagine the romance genre in general.

Romance mainly attracts teenagers. Thanks for supporting this theory.

Also, "it's" is a contraction. "Its" is a possessive pronoun.

tf is a mood board?

It’s kinda like a collage of pictures that fit the theme of the roleplay.

So like if it’s a spooky roleplay set in a haunted house you would have a picture of the house and lots of spooky images to give the theme.

At least that is my understanding based on the few fanfic I have seen with mood boards.

Oh another thing I have run into recently, people who don’t pay attention in the planning process.

Like to the point where I have to repeat something three or four times.

Now look my phone is a piece of crap so I usually give people the benefit of the doubt the for the first two times they misunderstand something. Cuz maybe my phone messed up the message or I just didn’t explain things well.

But if I have to ask you the exact same question four times then it becomes less a problem of communication and more that you just plain aren’t paying attention.

When people claim they are okay with being told you're no longer interested in the roleplay or you don't like their idea, yet they throw a temper tantrum ready to insult you. Grow the hell up.

When people claim they are okay with being told you're no longer interested in the roleplay or you don't like their idea, yet they throw a temper tantrum ready to insult you. Grow the hell up.

Yeaaah...this is precisely why I'll ghost some people if I get the vibe they're going to be that way.

Nothing makes me more angry than long, beautiful, intricately crafted posts... that nonetheless don't contribute to the development of the story at all. Like!! You obviously can write, so why don't you use those powers to do something with them? Give me something to work with, man.

(Not vaguing anyone, lol, just remembered my past experiences and got AngryTM for no reason).

People, if you join an rp and you make your oc literally interchangeable with all the other OCs what do you think any of these characters is going to contribute?

Wouldn't it be good to read other people's character descriptions before making one exactly the same like they came off a conveyor belt? It's pretty basic... (not aimed at anyone on this site afaik)

honestly i think this was more of a problem on the old site i used to write on (t*mblr, what a time that was) but it was very very easy to tell when people would be only wanting to write with you cause you could give them a ship/faceclaim that they wanted. like, off the top of my head, say i had a character whose faceclaim was like, kj apa or whatever, people would wanna write with me so they could play their lili reinhart with me and live out their barchie dreams. it was very odd.

Writing up a detailed response or opener to be able to move the story along or give insight to the world I'm trying to help create only to get a two sentence reply in return.

people that keep making the same interest check, over and over, but under different names. and typically, it's only a couple of weeks since the last one was made. its so irritating to browse through interest checks looking for new stuff, only to stumble across the SAME check you've seen countless times, the only difference being the op has changed their username (again). i just do not understand why?? do they think their username was putting potential partners off their thread or something? lmao

You can indeed only change names once in 365 days but having multiple accounts is not forbidden.
However we encourage to report such threads if they're exactly the same under different usernames as that would classify as spam.

jump. jump. are you sure it’s the same person? I was under the impression we can only change usernames once a year. (As in 365 days exactly)
yee, i'm pretty certain ;w; i went and checked their old messages a while back to make sure, and there was other interest checks there with their old usernames in the thread title and whatnot lmao
which is,, weird cos yeah it does say that you can only change the user once a year?? so i'm wondering if it could also be a multiple account thing too?? idk it's just weird seeing the same thread like, every couple of weeks lmao

I'm an advanced lit to novella roleplayer and I like a lot of description with slow burn, angst, drama etc.

And in my rules on other sites it says I write anywhere between four and fifteen decently sized paragraphs, it's what I enjoy and it keeps things interesting. But it annoys me when people come to me and I wrote out a decent starter and they respond with one line like? I understand some people do that and find that enjoy it but for me it just isn't.

Or when people ask you to roleplay and they make s/x the main plot point, I jsut don't understand.

When someone answers my request thread but the only thing they'll put in a message to me is "I like these pairings: X&Y, A&B, L&M."

Okay......? I don't mind you choosing pairings you like, just have some ideas to go with them that way we can plot back and forth and it doesn't feel like I need to pull some planning out of you.

I'm getting real tired of people making fandom roleplays with a limited number of slots with requirements that are all obviously derived from the canon main cast of the story. It's bad enough in an original setting, but what's the point in writing a story about a group of original characters in an established setting if they're gonna be nearly identical to the characters they're replacing?

I hate when someone doesn't help you move the plot. You write a lot of content and their response is purely reactionary and they don't want to discuss next steps so then the RP becomes painful to write...especially when the premise was good and you were excited to try the pairing. ._.

I rp through Discord. I have questions I ask my prospective partners BEFORE they even get my ID because I am a bit picky about how and when I rp and don't want to clutter my Discord up with a bunch of rps that I already know won't work.

Given all of that, and that one of the questions I ask is "Can you post multiple replies per day?" I find it absolutely infuriating when my partners, who have all told me they can AND WILL post multiple times per day, suddenly don't have the ability to do so.

I understand life or work or school or what have you being busy and taking up all of a person's time. Real life always comes first. And if I'm j formed before hand, I leave them alone, or we simply chat when we can to keep in touch and pick up at a later date.

What I don't uderstand is how someone can go from posting right after I do, trading replies all through the day, to me having to pester them constantly about posting. The rudeness of it makes me want to scream.

And before you ask, yes, I do double check EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. to make sure they still WANT to rp with me. They say yes. We don't rp. I'm at table flip levels of angry at this point.

This is really petty of me, but I really dislike it whenever people feel the need to point what series/books/manga/etc an interest check reminds them of.

This is really petty of me, but I really dislike it whenever people feel the need to point what series/books/manga/etc an interest check reminds them of.

I agree it might be petty but it's a pettiness I share. Looking at a message on a RP ad and seeing "Hey, you ever watch!" "So this is like . . . . ?" can be rather annoying when you have NO FANDOMS and ORIGINAL CHARACTER ONLY in the rules.

And I can add a level to it. When an RP actually gets to character discussion and someone simply starts describing the character by simply comparing them like "so-and-so from said fandom."

It really bothers me when I note decreased interest but there's no communication about it. Decreased OOC interactions, slower response rates (or just nothing at all), etc. I write novella, so it's quite frustrating to have someone just drop on you when you've written over 10k words for the roleplay in just a few posts. Please just tell someone you're losing/lost interest, are busy, whatever it is. Or if you don't favor verbal "confrontation", I'd prefer something that will still give me the message clearly so I'm not left waiting. Leaving the DM is one way I can think of to let me know you're done without talking to me.

Last edited:
I'm mostly angry from yesterday because somebody here asked to RP with me on discord. But when I friended them and tried to start and RP with them, they started venting about all of their problems/life and a lot of personal things right off the getgo that made me feel super uncomfortable, and when I took a minute to think of reply they ended up getting all angry at me because they thought I was "ignoring" him, before unfriending me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back