Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminded me. When you want to rp something but no one is interested, so you give up, and then you suddenly see searches pop up when you no longer want to rp it.
Right??

Y'all be going out and doing my shit without me. Where were all of you when I had the idea 😤

That reminded me. When you want to rp something but no one is interested, so you give up, and then you suddenly see searches pop up when you no longer want to rp it.
Funny you should mention it. A while back we were struggling to get a 40k roleplay going. It ultimately fell on its face. But while we were trying to get it going, it took a bit to gather interested parties. NOW, I am suddenly seeing Warhammer 40,000 enthusiasts crop up here and there on the site. I can tell because of their avis, sigs, and/or titles. I'm over the 40k thing now. But it woulda been nice to have seen these ppl show their faces several weeks ago.

Last edited:
I hate it when I feel like I need to sacrifice writing quality in order to get roleplaying posts done. It makes me feel inconsistent.

When you leave your computer for three minutes and all your partners respond and you're just :/

that's why I just don't have any quality to begin with. I can post fast and stay perfectly consistent. :bigbrain:
Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

srsly tho... sometimes I consider whittling down my usual multi-para form to something... less? That way, I can reply more consistently when I'm not necessarilly in the mood. But then, I'll feel like I'm half-assing everything. i dunno. This quandary wont rightly manifest until I actuslly get an RP going again. So for the moment, it's a moot cnsideration.

This is exactly why I stopped doing novella rp. I'm just physically unable to dish out so much content every single time.
I still do multi-para but it's overall shorter, so it doesn't stress me out as much. In some cases it can come down to one paragraph lol

But I still hate it that I'm always so tired that it makes writing long texts harder.

View attachment 796701

srsly tho... sometimes I consider whittling down my usual multi-para form to something... less? That way, I can reply more consistently when I'm not necessarilly in the mood. But then, I'll feel like I'm half-assing everything. i dunno. This quandary wont rightly manifest until I actuslly get an RP going again. So for the moment, it's a moot cnsideration.
This is exactly why I stopped doing novella rp. I'm just physically unable to dish out so much content every single time.
I still do multi-para but it's overall shorter, so it doesn't stress me out as much. In some cases it can come down to one paragraph lol

But I still hate it that I'm always so tired that it makes writing long texts harder.

The more you remove from your post, the better it will be.

You have been enlightened.

When there's an incredible sign-up thread and super active discord... Then, when in character starts, it all goes quiet with no one talking on discord and - maybe - five posts in a month. Yeah. I generally expect more roleplays to die than not but it's disappointing when all the promising signs evaporate the instant the in character thread goes live.

When there's an incredible sign-up thread and super active discord... Then, when in character starts, it all goes quiet with no one talking on discord and - maybe - five posts in a month. Yeah. I generally expect more roleplays to die than not but it's disappointing when all the promising signs evaporate the instant the in character thread goes live.
I've seen this happen so many times. The ooc becomes filled with people who like to plot more than they like to write. They'll spend ages talking about what they want to do and act excited. They'll even do character play in non-canon channels. But when it's time to write for real, suddenly everyone is too busy. Everyone.

I'm not sure what causes this. I'm thinking it happens when the IC thread isn't already open or takes too long to open.

I've seen this happen so many times. The ooc becomes filled with people who like to plot more than they like to write. They'll spend ages talking about what they want to do and act excited. They'll even do character play in non-canon channels. But when it's time to write for real, suddenly everyone is too busy. Everyone.

I'm not sure what causes this. I'm thinking it happens when the IC thread isn't already open or takes too long to open.
Oh, yeah, that always sucks. I'm super guilty of doing stuff like that, but I can only maintain interest in a roleplay for about a week unless it starts.

I've seen this happen a few times and it continued to happen even when the IC thread was active. It's a shame really, as there's clearly some kind of interest and inspiration there but no commitment to getting it all in a full IC post to see the plan through. Though it could be a free time or patience issue - it's easier (and maybe fun) to go through the hypothetical scenarios in a Discord chat than to write it out IC. Personally, I enjoy slow-burners and some build-up. I've maintained plot twists or kept quiet about specific plans for months because it's so satisfying when it all eventually gets revealed.

What's making me angry today? Hmm....everything...but also nothing...people expecting me to have a life is the bane of my existence, and staying inside my room with the lights off on my laptop is the only sustenance.

honestly people with toxic behaviors I get we all have ups and downs and frankly I have my own ups and downs but someone who does it to get a reaction and just choose to be aggressive to me (weather its just banter or a blame game to get me to respond) it can agitate me to a degree (not enough for me to blow up and retort back maybe enough for me to fume in silence cause again we have ups and downs and the person could just be having a 'bad' day)

and then there is spamming I hate it when someone spams me nonstop I'll tolerate to a certain degree but you do it on a level of where I ask multiple times to stop there could be a bit of a problem not saying I'll go into a rage or anything just I will get angry and vent aloud I tolerate it to a degree, but there is just a point where enough is a enough and I get ticked (had someone do it to me on google hangouts and it annoyed the hell out of me)

I've seen this happen a few times and it continued to happen even when the IC thread was active. It's a shame really, as there's clearly some kind of interest and inspiration there but no commitment to getting it all in a full IC post to see the plan through. Though it could be a free time or patience issue - it's easier (and maybe fun) to go through the hypothetical scenarios in a Discord chat than to write it out IC. Personally, I enjoy slow-burners and some build-up. I've maintained plot twists or kept quiet about specific plans for months because it's so satisfying when it all eventually gets revealed.

There are a lot of people wanting instant gratification when it comes to RPing. However I do believe that it's the people who are patient and dedicated that make a truly engaging story.

Current Pet Peeve:

People who don't read the contents of your advertisement, or claim they have and then try to suggest something that you said you said you were not interested in. I find myself getting more and more of a headache from this to the point where I have left notes to please read everything to streamline the process so we can get to plots and character dynamics. I don't think my ads are wordy at all, and I've started to be a little less soft to those that I can tell haven't read everything. I go from upbeat and positive to pure professional tone as I redirect them to the post to read everything over.

Most of the time- I don't move forward with them.

Current Pet Peeve:

People who don't read the contents of your advertisement, or claim they have and then try to suggest something that you said you said you were not interested in. I find myself getting more and more of a headache from this to the point where I have left notes to please read everything to streamline the process so we can get to plots and character dynamics. I don't think my ads are wordy at all, and I've started to be a little less soft to those that I can tell haven't read everything. I go from upbeat and positive to pure professional tone as I redirect them to the post to read everything over.

Most of the time- I don't move forward with them.

This is exactly why I have a password/code in my ads nowadays. It's done wonders for weeding out who to respond to, and who to ignore.

This is exactly why I have a password/code in my ads nowadays. It's done wonders for weeding out who to respond to, and who to ignore.

See, I've tried the passwords but that turns people off as well. I usually can tell pretty quickly when someone hasn't read my ad- usually in the first five maybe ten minutes of us talking- and I'm trying to tell myself not to feel bad about redirecting them to my post for answers.

When the GM keeps either the enterity or parts of the other players characters sheet hidden. I get that people do that to avoid people meta gaming but that's like chopping off your leg to avoid stubbing your toe.

When you know you aren't that appealing of a partner but you hope SOMEONE on this site is interested enough to approach you but you still just can't bring yourself to get your hopes up-

When you know you aren't that appealing of a partner but you hope SOMEONE on this site is interested enough to approach you but you still just can't bring yourself to get your hopes up-

Why not approach someone who matches your interests/preferences instead? I’ve met partners who literally never PM anyone to start a new RP, because they prefer to be found via the interest threads they post.

(which tbf gives me an impression of job applications and irl has enough of that)

Why not approach someone who matches your interests/preferences instead? I’ve met partners who literally never PM anyone to start a new RP, because they prefer to be found via the interest threads they post.

(which tbf gives me an impression of job applications and irl has enough of that)
I know that... but nothing has really caught and kept my eye, or it's 18+ which I have to respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back