Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of understanding. I've been roleplaying for quite a while and I'm still amazed how bent out of shape some people get about posting schedules. Apparently everyone is required to have the same posting schedule, damn having a life outside of the roleplay community.
Let me not forget the "I understand people have lives outside of roleplay." then in the same breath "If you can't post every day, I lose interest." and lastly "I need novella posts."

What in the hell do you want?

I feel like those are speed typers. The kinda of people who can get 500 words up in like thirty minutes or an hour.

So naturally they think - well you have to have at least thirty minutes to an hour free every day surely.

I normally don’t have much to complain about. People who I’ve come into contact with are kind people.

But I guess, the one thing that would bother me is when people send you a PM that they’re interested and they’ll plot and respond, but the RP never makes it past plotting.

I’m just disappointed that we didn’t get to realize the RP and actually bring it to life in writing.

But I’m not mad at people for ghosting. I understand that life happens and interest changes. It’s part of the process of RP. It just sucks when you put your heart into plotting a great story.

1. Introverted or hermit characters. The point of role-playing is character interaction for me.

2. When someone only RPs as one character or gender. It shouldn't be too hard to share NPCs at least.

3. When people make stereotypes about role-players and role-plays. Shouldn't we, as writers, strive to break stereotypes?

4. When someone is being rude or impatient in their thread. I hate I have to reiterate these issues in my role-play search. The site already expresses the fact that you should be courteous, so why do I need to repeat it?

5. Ghosting. I think we all hate this one. I hate reaching out to like 20 people and not even given a response. Or when people don't really try to start the RP but then go bump their RP search 100 times.

6. I actually struggle to read some fonts. It's a little distracting instead of doing the opposite, which I think is what was intend.

7. People who refuse to role-play with you just because you write x amount of words in one RP. Doesn't mean I can't write x amount of words in another. That's pretty insulting and yes, that happened to me.

I Have these two friends who never shut up about the ship between their characters, while I love my friends a lot. It makes me feel left out when they rarely plot with me or include my character in their plots. It's like my characters are side characters to them which sucks and it pisses me off and it make me not want to write again

I Have these two friends who never shut up about the ship between their characters, while I love my friends a lot. It makes me feel left out when they rarely plot with me or include my character in their plots. It's like my characters are side characters to them which sucks and it pisses me off and it make me not want to write again

Oh man...

I’ve totally been there (so much so just reading this post gave me horrible flashbacks to it despite it being over a year ago this happened...) and know exactly how you feel. It sucks and I hope if you talk to your friends about it they understand... Good luck...!

Oh man...

I’ve totally been there (so much so just reading this post gave me horrible flashbacks to it despite it being over a year ago this happened...) and know exactly how you feel. It sucks and I hope if you talk to your friends about it they understand... Good luck...!

It's just I tried including my character into their talks and they'll skip right over it, thank you, I have no idea how I can bring it up to them without sounding like a cry baby

It's just I tried including my character into their talks and they'll skip right over it, thank you, I have no idea how I can bring it up to them without sounding like a cry baby

The best thing to do is be honest about how you feel: You can be polite and cordial about it, for example "Hey guys, I notice you two tend to skip over my character in favor of your own, and I get you two wanna develop the romance, but it really shouldn't be at the expense of not interacting with anyone else. I kinda feel like I am being treated like a side character when you two do this."

And remember, they can SAY "Oh, sorry, we won't ignore you from now on!" but really make sure they STOP IGNORING you before you take any apologies to heart: A "sorry" without change means little, and I would know, I learned the hard way haha...

If you are interested in some of my plots or pairings is it asking too much to have ideas of your own to add? Why are all my ideas the ones to go with? Maybe I want to hear what you got up your sleeve. Maybe I don't feel like putting in all the effort of plotting only to turn around and do the same thing in the roleplay.

When people complain about a lack of replies and ghosting, and then end up doing that to you- if you don’t reply it’s fine, but don’t chew me out for doing the same if I haven’t just to be a hypocrite.

What's with partners refusing to plot ahead? Seriously, are you that bored of the story that's 3 posts in that you don't want to discuss what drama filled scenarios we can throw our characters in?

talk to me

" You have a lot of plans when we're all of three posts in "

Why don't you?

Then they complain they get ghosted by other partners. Gee. I wonder.

I’m start to get very tired of sending messages to people in response to recruitment threads. It’s honestly like applying for a job. You have to type out a “nice” first message in order to “prove” yourself at first glance to the reader. Then you have to sit and hope you get a response. I don’t know, I guess I feel like more and more I have to jump through certain hoops even before there’s an assurance that I’ll get a response that makes it worth it.

zippy zippy

I'm flattered. 😅 But I'm not looking for new roleplaying partners right now. I'll keep it in mind though if I make another recruitment thread in the future!

I’m start to get very tired of sending messages to people in response to recruitment threads. It’s honestly like applying for a job. You have to type out a “nice” first message in order to “prove” yourself at first glance to the reader. Then you have to sit and hope you get a response. I don’t know, I guess I feel like more and more I have to jump through certain hoops even before there’s an assurance that I’ll get a response that makes it worth it.

That's a mood. I noticed that it's better to start off with more than just "Hello let's RP!" Maybe add some ideas that they might like, or show interest in something that they're craving to write. I also add my "Looking for Partners" thread, where I have some post examples, to give an idea of my writing style and preferences.

and if they don't respond? Who cares, their loss. There's a partner out there who's going to be as excited to write with you as you are with them.

I haven't not responded to messages I get, I don't think I ever will, but I find it annoying when you receive a message from someone who doesn't have any clue what they want or if they pick out a plot or pairing, they don't offer ideas, every question you ask feels like pulling teeth.

I generally try not to make angry posts here, but...

People who respond to PMs that express interest, and ask questions, about their plot idea, with a one-sentence meaningless reply, like "Sounds good!", disregarding any questions within the PM itself. Or even things like "Okay, I'm back"...that still disregards questions asked earlier.

I just don't understand it.

I get the feeling that they don't really want to talk or plan things out, so I just drop it.

Internet switching off exactly at the moment I press "Post reply".
At least there is auto save!

There's another RP site I'm on besides this one, and there are so many people there who will advertise that they want to roleplay and then just... not respond if I ask to RP with them. I just don't get it. I can see that they're online, and I know that messages aren't easy to miss with the way the site's set up.

And of the few people who do reply, around half say that they're not in the mood even though they literally just wrote a status update saying they're looking to roleplay.

Unfortunately, I've had lots of fun roleplaying there the five or six times I've gotten that far with somebody, so it's too late for me to leave for somewhere with a less byzantine userbase.

Last edited:
Suburbs are basically middle of nowhere to a long time city dweller like me. Nearly 2 days without power and not being able to get on to respond as frequently as I want to. Having to write my replies on paper first so I have all the time in the world to mull over it because phone battery life is precious right now when i have no electricity D:

I'm new to this site, but I come from a site called quotev. Not yet used to the format or culture of this website.
When people make short not descriptive forms, have horrible grammar, does *Jeff kicked bob* haha, julian points: I knew it was you, posts one sentence replies, or posts one line replies. Like, my form is descriptive, I expect you to put effort into yours (I don't know if you use character forms on this site.) I have a senior reading level but will still read next as nazi so good grammar is important, there is quotations for a reason, and then are you really to lazy to post a longer reply, I get it, it can take 8 or more minutes to Post a good reply, but I put in the effort so should you.

The thing that pisses me off the most,
I have rules for roleplays and am a admin in multiple roleplays on Quote. I am responsible for enforcing my rules in my private rps and theirs in group rps. I've had so many people disrespect admins, not read the rules, ask me what the rules are, break the rules after asking me what the rules are, Tell me when there isn't a certain rule when there is, find loopholes, exploit loopholes, etc.

Sorry for any grammar errors I'm on phone.

Edit: Don't even get me started on Mary Sue's and op characters that break all the rules regarding power in certain rp's.
And people who can't write a paragraph instead they post multiple one sentence replies in a row.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back