Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait really? I saw a number somewhere and it said 5300 somethin someodd. Now i sound ignorant.
If you look at your profile, it shows what number user you were when you joined. (I'm the 34,262nd person to join, for example.) Although it's just the number of accounts, not active users, so there's probably less than that.

I think I've grown used to the RP culture on this website. Summary:

Rper joining a new game: Oh! This is interesting! I'll make a CS right now!

Rper: *creates full-blown CS with BBCode, animations, and graphics*

GM: Accepted!

Rper: Yaaay~!

GM: *launches IC*

Rper: *writes super long intro*

GM and Everyone Reading: *likes*

-Within 24hr-

Rper: *vanishes*

Wait, I'm not done yet.

Other Rpers: *notice the one day pause in the game* Oh well; this game is dead *entire game bails*

GM: ....

m/f is boring because it’s everywhere and people seem to want the same bad boy x good girl or playboy x cold girl dynamics

I have to agree, I am so bored with heterosexual ships right now. XD Even thinking about it makes me bored. Which is a shame as I usually play M in MxF and could have my pick of all the women characters looking for guys. XD

In my experience the boring part of romance isn’t gender but rather tropes. I feel like a lot of people want to recreate romantic tropes while forgetting to make sure the characters people.

It feels like I am playing against a checklist for an archetype rather than a well rounded character.

i do agree though, m/f is so overdone, especially those stupid pairings that have little to no substance unless you actually sit down and make them interesting. though, i don't think you can make something like bad boy/good girl interesting lmfao.

In my experience the boring part of romance isn’t gender but rather tropes. I feel like a lot of people want to recreate romantic tropes while forgetting to make sure the characters people.

It feels like I am playing against a checklist for an archetype rather than a well rounded character.

Maybe, but I don't tend to play archetypes like that anyway. I'm just bored of the gender dynamics.

Maybe, but I don't tend to play archetypes like that anyway. I'm just bored of the gender dynamics.

unfortunately most people who do same sex romance do the exact same gender dynamics. It’s just one character is gender bent.

I can’t count how many times someone asks for a same sex pairing and the dynamic is basically just heterosexual with one character gender bent to make it “new”.

Like no I am basically still playing the exact same character just the pronouns changed.

i do agree though, m/f is so overdone, especially those stupid pairings that have little to no substance unless you actually sit down and make them interesting. though, i don't think you can make something like bad boy/good girl interesting lmfao.

You can, it usually involves just making the characters people rather than archetypes.

Ex. IRL I basically check all the boxes of the “shy nerdy girl” archetype.

But as I am also a real human I know how to add details to the archetype to make it more realistic (cuz again I am basically just describing myself)

my sister also checks off nearly all the boxes in the traditional jock box (other than gender and being dumb)

So again I can base a jock character on my sister and make it seem a lot more realistic and like an actual person rather than just a series of traits.

I honestly think a lot of time people go by sort of this pop culture short hand for relationships and characters when it’s not necessary. Like unless you live under a rock in total isolation :

You must have met a jock type person in real life at time point. Or a nerdy type person. Or (insert stereotype here). And if you haven’t met the exact stereotype (i.e. Princess x Commoner) you can at least figure out how relationships work by observing people IRL.

• the sheer amount of "i only play the sub/passive" in non-nsfw advertisements is exhausting. you do know that people and relationships tend to be more than "subs" and "tops", right? the strict sub/top dynamic, regardless of gender pairing, is so boring.

• the sheer amount of "i only play the sub/passive" in non-nsfw advertisements is exhausting. you do know that people and relationships tend to be more than "subs" and "tops", right? the strict sub/top dynamic, regardless of gender pairing, is so boring.

When I see this I assume, rightly or wrongly, that they want you to take on the entire burden of plotting and moving the roleplay along.

unfortunately most people who do same sex romance do the exact same gender dynamics. It’s just one character is gender bent.

I can’t count how many times someone asks for a same sex pairing and the dynamic is basically just heterosexual with one character gender bent to make it “new”.

Like no I am basically still playing the exact same character just the pronouns changed.

Obviously I'm lucky enough or picky enough that I haven't had that experience.

When I see this I assume, rightly or wrongly, that they want you to take on the entire burden of plotting and moving the roleplay along.

oh, literally same. i interpret it as "your character has no agency or drive since you've reduced their entire being to 'passive sub' and don't play any other kind of character, so i suppose my character will have to do all the acting-upon." no thanks!

Hey folks.

The thread titled "Things we don't say" has been merged into this title because the premise of that thread shared the same one as this thread. Continue discussion as usual!

When someone asks me if I am up for writing multiple posts per day...

... after I tell them I write several paragraphs per post

not sure.jpg

I can't find a Roleplay that interests me just yet and I can't decide if I want to commit to creating a 1x1 interest check for myself either. I definitely don't want to just hang around these forums, but I'm not really sure what to do with myself at the moment. Quarantine has killed some of my inspiration while I'm generally afraid of commitment, especially for when things get busier again. It's frustrating and I'm not sure which path to take here.

When you join an RP group and everyone is nice and chill and funny and so on, and there's one person who insists on being a dick... but no one else seems to have noticed except you. D:

When you join an RP group and everyone is nice and chill and funny and so on, and there's one person who insists on being a dick... but no one else seems to have noticed except you. D:

That's usually one of three things. Either one, they've gotten use to the person ("oh, don't worry, that's just the way they are" ) Number two, they think the other is joking and either everyone knows they are joking or being overly sensitive. Or three, they are pretending it's not happening so the person latches onto to someone else and not them.

I've dealt with plenty of all three IRL and my first attempt at joining an online group RP I had to end due to number three.

That's usually one of three things. Either one, they've gotten use to the person ("oh, don't worry, that's just the way they are" ) Number two, they think the other is joking and either everyone knows they are joking or being overly sensitive. Or three, they are pretending it's not happening so the person latches onto to someone else and not them.

I've dealt with plenty of all three IRL and my first attempt at joining an online group RP I had to end due to number three.

Oh yeah, could be three because if someone is being overbearing I find it hard to avoid engaging with it. Good advice to just ignore it. I should probably do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back