Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you just want a low-key thing where it's not fully realistic but more so than having interdementional gods throwing each other through planets
that's more understandable. I'm more or less thinking of the sort of gods that I see in Street-level comic stories and the magic users there that usually don't go all reality warping.

Sometimes you just want a low-key thing where it's not fully realistic but more so than having interdementional gods throwing each other through planets
I don't think I've seen a new RP where inter-dimensional gods throw planets at each other in a while. I kind of miss them.

I'd of never of guessed from the name, but that doesn't invalidate my point
Comics is a medium for telling a story. Just because Action is a big thing in most Super Hero stories doesn't mean that certain conventions in those stories won't fit in RPs. We wouldn't have novels based on some of those characters if everyone had your views.

Comics is a medium for telling a story. Just because Action is a big thing in most Super Hero stories doesn't mean that certain conventions in those stories won't fit in RPs. We wouldn't have novels based on some of those characters if everyone had your views.
I didn't say that you can't have a story focused comic, I just said many of them contain a lot of action and in my opinion that doesn't translate well to rp.

I didn't say that you can't have a story focused comic, I just said a lot of them are action based and in my opinion that doesn't translate well to rp.
I think that's a gross generalization of the stories they tell... But it's also unrelated to me mentioning that Daredevil had a literal demon from hell as a villain for a while.

I think that's a gross generalization of the stories they tell... But it's also unrelated to me mentioning that Daredevil had a literal demon from hell as a villain for a while.
I was commenting that certain things from comics (the over exaggerated fights, the costumes) often seem a little silly, but it could be that I like to write indepth novella posts so it doesn't suit my style.

I mean... you do know there's a comic character behind that pink guy meme, right?
I'm aware, but I was highlighting why I can't take certain comic book characters seriously in a writing context. Be a demon god from another dimention if you want, but for heavens sake wear something other than a pink leotard.

I'd take that over a bunch of dudes in kevlar wetsuits, which seems to be the 'in' aesthetic.
Me too tbh, my superhero-y charcacter usually just either wear slightly changed combat sports gear or hunting leathers depending on the setting, or they just wear ordinary shirt and pants.

I'm aware, but I was highlighting why I can't take certain comic book characters seriously in a writing context. Be a demon god from another dimention if you want, but for heavens sake wear something other than a pink leotard.
If you dwell on and over-describe simple designs that work when they're illustrated, of course they fall apart. I think the same thing happens when you over-describe anything, or drag out any description for too long. Novels about heroes like Superman: Miracle Monday focus more on the motivation or internal conflict of the character than the wrinkles on the Man of Steel's cape.

Hey, guys. Do stay on topic, please. You're always free to start a PM together if you'd like to continue!

being ghosted twenty times well now its a bit more than twenty

and they never reply after my list of ideas for the character pairing

or they say after a day or two "im sorry i took too long to reply but im not intrested or i have too many roleplays currently to add another"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back