Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crenando Crenando , in addition -- my library actually has a lot of classic Doctor Who DVDs. You may want to check out any local libraries in your area, if you haven't already!

There are actually a lot of missing Doctor Who episodes. Some were taped over by the BBC and others were destroyed in a large studio fire a number of years ago. Its always very exciting when someone comes forward having actually recorded the episode so that it can be added back to the archives.
That's why I specified existing in my post. I'd like to see parts of larger serials that aren't complete, but have a surviving episode or two.

The unsatisfying reality that no matter how detailed or condensed your RPs is people still won't like it and there is still a 50/50 chance you'll never RP it!

i think my biggest pet peeve is when people try to persuade me to write men in a roleplay. i can play any other gender, nb and f, but i will not play men in a roleplay. why? because it's my preference, and i don't see enough f/f or nb/nb pairings and i want to fill that niche as it's the niche i'm most comfortable with. that and i find that m/f pairings never really toss up enough tropes nor do they shake things up, and tend to fall into the broader pet peeves like obnoxious romances that aren't slow-burn whatsoever or something along those lines.

(for context, i got contacted for a plot i posted on a different site, and they kept on trying to persuade me to play a guy)

I'm not sure when it happened, but like when did interest check threads turn into application threads? Like isn't the purpose to go "hey here is an idea, anyone wanna?" and gauge interest. It just bugs me that I feel like interest checks mostly fail in their purpose because of how people treat and interact with them.

I'm not sure when it happened, but like when did interest check threads turn into application threads? Like isn't the purpose to go "hey here is an idea, anyone wanna?" and gauge interest. It just bugs me that I feel like interest checks mostly fail in their purpose because of how people treat and interact with them.

Happens on a lot of other forums, mostly less active ones.

Happens on a lot of other forums, mostly less active ones.
Yes, it does. But not just inactive one, RPN in just as horrible for it as Gaia (which I find more active than RPN). So it doesn't matter in general interest checks are more akin to application threads and I find it defeats the purpose . . .

Pet peeve:

If you write like a ten-year old in OOC, I'm gonna expect that you write like a ten-year old in IC. Not being mean, not calling anyone out, but please. I'm not saying you have to write like Shakespeare, but have the mental capacity to say "I" instead of "i"

yes me and friends talk like retarded bonobos while we do advanced novella-length rps how did u find out

1607104126486.png

i for one am down for a lowercase aesthetic. why do we have to use loud capital letters anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back