Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I'm back to (complain) share my annoyance

I don't- just DON'T understand why people "try" and put 110% of effort into the rp with you.. then ditch. Like.. what sense does that make? especially if you tried to form it 'round them more than yourself. Sure, if you find you dislike it in the end, okay, I get it!. But rather than you just up and leaving, can't you say something before you start ignoring me?

I mean, I fall off the face of the earth for a while. I'm good for it, but I'll at least come back and explain everything rather than ignoring you when you come looking for me..

Today, I'm back to (complain) share my annoyance

I don't- just DON'T understand why people "try" and put 110% of effort into the rp with you.. then ditch. Like.. what sense does that make? especially if you tried to form it 'round them more than yourself. Sure, if you find you dislike it in the end, okay, I get it!. But rather than you just up and leaving, can't you say something before you start ignoring me?
I'm having that problem now in a current rp I started in here

I have a lot of past rps I dropped off on, and came back to-- only to never pick up. Mostly because the other person is too, no longer around, or we both lost the spark.

But I'd NEVER leave just because I don't like the roleplay

Hopping in on this salt train!

Something thats been haunting me for a while is when you have multiple rp partners, right? And they know about each other. Thats not the issue, though, its when partner A is like "You're excluding me! Waaah!" And basically not let you have any friends. Then guilt you for trying to stand up to them and for refusing to be less of a friend to partner B. Even though I did include partner A on everything relevant to them and Partner B just wanted to vibe with me.
This Partner A got so bad and guilty me so hard that I even stopped messaging partner B for about a week. No messages to or from each other, aside from public interactions and group IC stuff. I felt like I wasn't allowed to have close friends or talk to them, and that I lost my friend.

When someone is clearly not interested in the RP anymore because their activity both IC and OOC tanks, but you can see them active in other places. It just wrecks me sometimes. Man, just... Leave.

When you sign up for an RP and the OP was kind of vague on their post so you ask them a few questions to make sure you know what they want so you can deliver and they answer you like you're being a nuisance for trying to get a better understanding about things they weren't clear about in their post or they give you one answer when you've asked them at least 3 or 4 questions. Like

Would you like to RP with me?

What kind of story would you like to do?

How far are you into this series so I don't spoil you?

Do you care about spoilers?

And their answer is "Yeah"

....okay, yeah to what?

When you have people who go around replying to RP ads with a basic attitude of "I know your thread says you don't do so-and-so but . . . .)

Very rarely has anyone I've talked to who's seen this had them actually say anything other than what adds up too "Ignore your comfort and interests and RP with me anyway!"

Not angry necessarily, but very sad. Just had an RP partner/friend message me to say she was too busy with RL stuff to RP again ... but then just said goodbye and blocked me. I'm still distraught about it.

Today’s Issue: You mean I didn’t reply to that message I thought I replied to weeks ago? And thus it’s my fault it’s been on hold this whole time? Gosh darn it!!

Ghosting, I hate ghosting I have stopped RP's in the past but never without informing the other person I always give them a heads up and say that I'm dipping out not just stop completely. It's so annoying.

Romantic's, Okay romance is fine but in an RP where the main story isn't about romance there is always the one guy who wants to do a romance Rp. If you are doing a heavy romance RP, go for it but if hat isn't the main theme than just stop it or at least die it down a little.

'Taking a Break', Basically people who ghost you four a few months and come back saying 'I was taking a break' no fuck off if you were going to take a break tell me beforehand then that's fine, and on top of this one person I RP'd with got mad when I was didn't want to continue because they ghosted me for 2 months and came back like this.

Spelling, Sigh, I don't have perfect spelling at all, heck there are probably many spelling errors in this post but for the love of god if you have bad spelling like me CHECK YOUR POSTS it is so annoying not being able to red someones post because they didn't check it over. (Note if you have dyslexia or something similar or aren't a native speaker I aint talking about you)

Yep that's for now, I needed this.

Here's today's issue someone came to me with a plot they wanted me to fix only there was no way of fixing the plot because the damage had already been done to their character by another character that wasn't controlled by me

When you sign up for an RP and the OP was kind of vague on their post so you ask them a few questions to make sure you know what they want so you can deliver and they answer you like you're being a nuisance for trying to get a better understanding about things they weren't clear about in their post or they give you one answer when you've asked them at least 3 or 4 questions. Like

Would you like to RP with me?

What kind of story would you like to do?

How far are you into this series so I don't spoil you?

Do you care about spoilers?

And their answer is "Yeah"

....okay, yeah to what?

When you have people who go around replying to RP ads with a basic attitude of "I know your thread says you don't do so-and-so but . . . .)

Very rarely has anyone I've talked to who's seen this had them actually say anything other than what adds up too "Ignore your comfort and interests and RP with me anyway!"

something that i have experienced - that goes along with both of these slightly - is when someone PMs me telling me that they have seen my thread and were interested in writing with me. the catch is that they then proceed to ask me "what do you like to role play? will you do this , that and blah blah blah" . . . and i'm just kind like . . . what i like , everything that i will and won't do. . . it was all in thread. if you had actually read it you would know. and i also know that they didn't read it through because they did not include the code word that i have in my rules.

it's even more unsettling when they post it on the actual thread itself - where i have written all my interests down.

because they did not include the code word that i have in my rules
I absolutely hate when people do this. Mostly because I'm not expecting to also be trying to find a codeword and then remember it while also writing my message. I have memory problems and I get hyper focused on the stuff I know people want and need from me related to the actual RPing; that I always forget that OH YEAH this person ALSO has some magic secret codeword! Codewords aren't the norm and so it isn't something that I know to be a priority when messaging someone.

But in general I just think its in bad taste to test people like that. Only because everyone has intuition enough to see when someone isn't putting any effort into their reply. You know they are not the one the second they ask you to RP a genre on your no-no list, or a pairing you never listed, or to do fandom when you don't do fandom. Shit like that is enough of a red flag to know they didn't read the thread or don't care and they're not the type of person you want to tango with. Adding a layer of code words seems unnecessary when real effort shows and why punish someone because they forgot a codeword or missed it; when clearly their message shows genuinely interested and care.

I TOTALLY understand why people do it and where people are coming from. I've been frustrated enough in the past to do it myself. I understand the hair pulling experience of getting a PM 3 days after you post your ad only to read "Hi, do you want to RP?" and you want cry into your keyboard as the very idea of having to dig answers out of someone conflicts with your desire to roleplay and you debate just how willing are you to play this game of chase at the risk of being ghosted if it means possibly getting to roleplay. But then you remember just how disheartened the message made you feel, and so you put a code word in your thread and say FUCK THE FUCK WHO CAN'T GIVE A FUCK ENOUGH TO FUCKING TELL ME WHAT THEY WANT TO RP FROM MY GOD DAMN FUCKING THREAD! and vow only to roleplay with the most fastidious of people. Only to get people asking if you want to RP nevertheless--because they don't care!!!! XD

Last edited:
I absolutely hate when people do this. Mostly because I'm not expecting to also be trying to find a codeword and then remember it admit writing my message. I have memory problems and adhd so I get hyper focused on the stuff I know people want and need from me related to the actual RPing; that I always forget that OH YEAH this person ALSO has some magic secret codeword! Codewords aren't the norm and so it isn't something that I know to be a priority when messaging someone.

But in general I just think its in bad taste to test people like that. Only because everyone has intuition enough to see when someone isn't putting any effort into their reply. You know they are not the one the second they ask you to RP a genre on your no-no list, or a pairing you never listed, or to do fandom when you don't do fandom. Shit like that is enough of a red flag to know they didn't read the thread or don't care and they're not the type of person you want to tango with. Adding a layer of code words seems unnecessary when real effort shows and why punish someone because they forgot a codeword or missed it; when clearly their message shows genuinely interested and care.

I TOTALLY understand why people do it and where people are coming from. I've been frustrated enough in the past to do it myself. I understand the hair pulling experience of getting a PM 3 days after you post your ad only to read "Hi, do you want to RP?" and you want cry into your keyboard as the very idea of having to dig answers out of someone conflicts with your desire to roleplay and you debate just how willing are you to play this game of chase at the risk of being ghosted if it means possibly getting to roleplay. But then you remember just how disheartened the message made you feel, and so you put a code word in your thread and say FUCK THE FUCK WHO CAN'T GIVE A FUCK ENOUGH TO FUCKING TELL ME WHAT THEY WANT TO RP FROM MY GOD DAMN FUCKING THREAD! and vow only to roleplay with the most fastidious of people. Only to get people asking if you want to RP nevertheless--because they don't care!!!! XD
if i'm gonna be honest , i probably need to take it out anyway - i've ended up writing with people who didn't use it. i think i put it in because i was getting too many people who said they read everything and then specifically went against one of the rules i had. but it's been there for a while and it's probably time to take it out anyway.

who said they read everything and then specifically went against one of the rules
yeah been there, and considering how very short and to the point most of my threads are; and how little I ask of people in the first place. I get even more frustrated when they can't even read where I say "When you PM me (this of course bolded, so you don't miss it) please tell me what pair you want to RP, where you want to RP, and if you want to write the first post or not" followed by saying they can ask any questions if they have any . . . and if they want samples I state in the thread they are on request so they can do that in the PM too!

And I already had the plot posted to the thread so you know what sort of story I am looking for!

So like even if you have a thread that is short and sweet people still ignore basic instructions where it says exactly what is need to start RPing with you and get the conversation ball rolling.

But yeah I get why the code thing happens, I've done it too, I've seen it here and there. And they often don't work and yeah totally a frustration thing. I feel ya! XD

One thing I've been wanting to vent about...it's kind of specific and happens a lot on a different website I frequent.

Sending me starters when I specifically say do not send me a starter.

I absolutely loathe people who do this, half the time it's not even related to the prompt and I want to speak with who I'm going to be roleplaying with. Finding a partner I click with is kind of difficult and I hate to waste time just RPing until we realize this isn't going to work. Like no. No, no, no, and no.

I'm not one of those people who posts a prompt and can hit the ground running, I need some preparation beforehand. That's just me.

BUT if you want to roleplay with me specifically, for whatever god awful reason, I am going to expect you to respect my boundaries and rules as I would do for you.

I don't expect perfection but at the same time, good god man, learn to read.

Next pet peeve

I no longer RP on Discord. I spend all this time setting up a server just to get ghosted and its like man, you really made me do that, huh? :) really made me look dumb, huh? Well you did it, sis!! Congrats!!

Sorry for this really heated post I am just...I put all this work into a prompt today on another site and the first reply I get is...a stupid starter that DOESN'T EVEN FOLLOW MY STORY!!

Like wow you're like everyone else in my RL! Not listening to me! Or respecting my boundaries! Thank you!

One thing I've been wanting to vent about...it's kind of specific and happens a lot on a different website I frequent.

Sending me starters when I specifically say do not send me a starter.

I absolutely loathe people who do this, half the time it's not even related to the prompt

Theirs a guy on Deviantart that's bad about this. He will go to anything that says RP and ask if you want to hear his idea, talk to him, be interested in RPing and then copy and past a huge list of links to starters and prompts. Then get bent out of shape if you tell him no. Just asking over and over "But what one do you dislike the least! I need to know!" I was pretty blunt with him that he literally just copy and pasted a list of prompts, the first several dealing with fandom, fetish or smut pairing when my rules clearly stated NO! to all of that. I'm not reading anything he sent when a glance at the names of several break the rules. "But, they aren't all like that! Can you look at them and tell me which you like the best or hate the least!" Ended up blocking him pretty fast.

Today's annoyance:

Search Ad: "I currently have no plots going on!"
-stares at our RP-
"Am I a joke to you?"

Today's annoyance:
People who don't bother to listen to your request/advice and just. don't get how rp works.

This person comes into my fantasy recruit thread, asks if they can join. I say sure, go to the lore page for more info. Which the link to is two posts above theirs.
They ask if they can be human, which they'd know the answer to if they looked in lore. I tell them yes and to look in lore a second time.
They say "can I be *Fandom character*"
While I personally love Fandom, this is not a Fandom rp and I tell them such.
They then ask to be a different race than what races were provided. Which it is allowed to request additional races but they have to be accepted first.
I tell them to go to the ooc chat (this was all in recruiting) and to consult with my co-author who is in charge of races.
They go there, ask if they're even online (they were getting lunch) i tell them they'll be back soon, and to explain their idea for this dragon race they're proposing. We have set lore on dragons so we need to make sure nothing conflicts.
Then we have this whole thing about how tagging people work so my coauthor can see, and they don't answer my question until I ask again.
This person in general is very vague and hard to talk to, as each of their posts are literally "can I join" type posts. Just one line that describes nothing. They're dming my co author now and didn't invite me, either.

I get that this is literally their first day on the site, and I'm trying to be patient. But AAAAAAAAA HOW ARE YOU LACKING THIS MUCH SENSE?!

Theirs a guy on Deviantart that's bad about this. He will go to anything that says RP and ask if you want to hear his idea, talk to him, be interested in RPing and then copy and past a huge list of links to starters and prompts. Then get bent out of shape if you tell him no. Just asking over and over "But what one do you dislike the least! I need to know!" I was pretty blunt with him that he literally just copy and pasted a list of prompts, the first several dealing with fandom, fetish or smut pairing when my rules clearly stated NO! to all of that. I'm not reading anything he sent when a glance at the names of several break the rules. "But, they aren't all like that! Can you look at them and tell me which you like the best or hate the least!" Ended up blocking him pretty fast.

Yes! That's absolutely the stuff I'm talking about. Like there was this one dude who messaged me over my own prompt and proceeded to force his own idea in and tried listing me abonch of his fetitshes and was like "which one of these don't you like" and proceeded to badger me afer I said no begging me to play this one thing! Lol I just don't understand it considering there's like a million people who would probably RP their ideas.

People who give the run around. Dealing with one gal from a different website who's been doing this for two days.
She wants to roleplay. But she just won't tell me anything about her character, and keeps gushing about romantic nonsense.
And she continuously ignores everything I say about my character, cause I've had to repeat the same thing five times today alone.
I give it another two days before she's talked herself out of it entirely and this malarkey can stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back