Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone continues to try to push their idea even though it doesn't make sense for the setting. For example, their idea of adding to a simple Medieval plot would be a plot twist of having the Terminator as royalty or having the Terminator in a Slice of Life setting.

When someone continues to try to push their idea even though it doesn't make sense for the setting. For example, their idea of adding to a simple Medieval plot would be a plot twist of having the Terminator as royalty or having the Terminator in a Slice of Life setting.

Just seems like trolling to me. Unless you can make your idea fit into the setting than your just an immature troll trying to get attention.

I mean it could work if you changed it a bit and agreed it in advance, but not as just a random twist.

"Hey, I know this is a low fantasy medieval RP... but can I use my WH:40k Dreadnaught?"

I wish I was being sarcastic when I used this example... but I have genuinely questioned someone when they submitted A FUCKING DREADNAUGHT... into a fantasy RP.

I tried to be chill whenever I talk about this stuff.. but..

A FUCKING DREADNAUGHT... 🤣

"Hey, I know this is a low fantasy medieval RP... but can I use my WH:40k Dreadnaught?"

I wish I was being sarcastic when I used this example... but I have genuinely questioned someone when they submitted A FUCKING DREADNAUGHT... into a fantasy RP.

I tried to be chill whenever I talk about this stuff.. but..

A FUCKING DREADNAUGHT... 🤣

Jesus, and I thought the guy that wanted to add a space marine to my magical college was dumb. :)

I mean it could work if you changed it a bit and agreed it in advance, but not as just a random twist.
This actually happened to me. Just a random plot twist thrown on me about a Medieval plot of mine. When I wasn't going for it, they wanted to do a Slice of Life plot with a twist.....which was the Terminator. I don't know about anyone else but that doesn't fly with me. They didn't even suggest trying for Science Fiction or something to fit more of that character.

Jesus, and I thought the guy that wanted to add a space marine to my magical college was dumb. :)

There really are some window-lickers on this site (sorry for the salt.. but they have it coming at this point). 😂

a fucking dreadnaught...

There really are some window-lickers on this site (sorry for the salt.. but they have it coming at this point). 😂

a fucking dreadnaught...
Oof, tell me about it. Sometimes I wish people would just chill out, we all need to vent every now and then. In fact to do so is healthy, leaping all over it isn't.

Oof, tell me about it. Sometimes I wish people would just chill out, we all need to vent every now and then. In fact to do so is healthy, leaping all over it isn't.

I think what's wound me up the most about it, was the fact that the GM didn't do anything about it ~ I had to. I understand that not everyone understands Warhammer lore, I've been playing the table-top for years and my knowledge barely scratches the surface of a universe... the size of a literal universe.

But it's fucking Dreadnaught...

I think what's wound me up the most about it, was the fact that the GM didn't do anything about it ~ I had to. I understand that not everyone understands Warhammer lore, I've been playing the table-top for years and my knowledge barely scratches the surface of a universe... the size of a literal universe.

But it's fucking Dreadnaught...
Yeah I know quite a bit about fantasy (I collected Dark elves, my partner did skaven and vampires) but even with just a basic understanding of 40K I know that a dreadnaught wouldn't fit into any human past setting. Hell, even with no understanding of 40K wasn't any kind of picture enough?

1589649602364.png

"Can I add this to this:"

1589649675217.png

Yeah I know quite a bit about fantasy (I collected Dark elves, my partner did skaven and vampires) but even with just a basic understanding of 40K I know that a dreadnaught wouldn't fit into any human past setting. Hell, even with no understanding of 40K wasn't any kind of picture enough?

View attachment 726679

"Can I add this to this:"

View attachment 726681

Wonna know how I resolved the issue?.. I said, if he gets to be a Dreadnaught.. then it's only fair play that I get to be a Titan. :xFwink:

stranded_warlord_titan___wallpaper_by_fantasio_ddm3sq1-fullview.jpg

checkmate. :hornskiss:

When you really like a certain setting but all the other players who like it are not people you want to play with.

I have that happen with fandoms. It usually comes in waves, but a lot of the established Potterheads on the site aren’t into platonic stories. Or we just don’t get along.

I have that happen with fandoms. It usually comes in waves, but a lot of the established Potterheads on the site aren’t into platonic stories. Or we just don’t get along.

Yeah it can be anything from different play styles, to genres, to simply not getting along OOC. Probably happens a lot in fandoms I would say.

People who get upset because you are not a mind reader to know everything they want. Also, the ones who expect you to be at their beckon call to roleplay with them alone as if you don't have other partners to write with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back