Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merciless Medic Merciless Medic yeah that seems like she just wants feedback on her fics. I would have told her to post them in the writing forum and be done with it.

I feel like those people just want some kind of external validation to overcome their insecurities. Which is fine but that’s not what roleplaying is. If you just want someone to give you cookies, I’m assuming the fanfic was already on a fanfic site? Or again just post it in the writing section.

A long term partner might end up being a cheerleader for unrelated stuff but if I literally just met you I am not patting your back for unrelated stuff. I’m gonna be like, why are you wasting my time?

Merciless Medic Merciless Medic yeah that seems like she just wants feedback on her fics. I would have told her to post them in the writing forum and be done with it.

I feel like those people just want some kind of external validation to overcome their insecurities. Which is fine but that’s not what roleplaying is. If you just want someone to give you cookies, I’m assuming the fanfic was already on a fanfic site? Or again just post it in the writing section.

A long term partner might end up being a cheerleader for unrelated stuff but if I literally just met you I am not patting your back for unrelated stuff. I’m gonna be like, why are you wasting my time?
Exactly, this person I played a canon for wrote legit the whole story and I am thinking like, "This would be a good fan faction for AOT but no instead you're making me be character A who has nothing to do since it is the first episode and he doesn't appear till later.

That sounds like a frustrating and tedious mess. Seriously. Why not just ask you to read the story and start after?
That's exactly what I had asked her and she was like "okay" and when I expected my character to arrive when he was 15 and was expecting a teenaged version of her character, I see her character arriving as a baby. XD

This was a different site about storywriting in general, so the site has "books" you write your stuff in and "publish" and RPs are either in the discussions of these books, on people's personal messages on their profiles (which this RP took place on mine), or in personal groups you can invite people in. There are no such things as forums so it's a little stifling and more personal trying to find RPs there, but people manage. I would have given her criticism but I suspected she was a teenager or in her late teens, so I didn't want to be too hard on her, so I ended up saying it was good. Granted, I was being nice so we can RP, not knowing what I was going to put myself through. I was just a little put off with how her entire team is just filled with Shiny Pokemon and no regular ones (it is explained in the story, I just found it difficult to read without feeling the cringe).

But yea that last sentence was exactly how I felt.

Exactly, this person I played a canon for wrote legit the whole story and I am thinking like, "This would be a good fan faction for AOT but no instead you're making me be character A who has nothing to do since it is the first episode and he doesn't appear till later.
Ahhhhh yes... I'm sorry. XD that sucks

Last edited:
My pet peeve is when people expect you to play female when you SPECIFICALLY SAID YOU WANTED TO DO A MxM

Or when people go "He smiled." AND NOTHING. ELSE.

My pet peeve is when someone expects me to play a cishet character for their cishet character in their MxF pairing even though all of my OCs are LGBTQ+.

My pet peeve is when someone expects me to play a cishet character for their cishet character in their MxF pairing even though all of my OCs are LGBTQ+.

What about if it's a bisexual character in a relationship with the opposite sex?

What about if it's a bisexual character in a relationship with the opposite sex?

Well, I do have cisgender bisexual characters that I will use in MxF but some people have gotten fussy if i offer up a bisexual character to be with their heterosexual character.

Well, I do have cisgender bisexual characters that I will use in MxF but some people have gotten fussy if i offer up a bisexual character to be with their heterosexual character.

I only do MxF and FxF pairings in RP now, but certainly wouldn't be fussy if it's a bisexual character lol. I guess it depends on the person. Some really do only want het characters. I personally don't write any trans or nb characters, but mostly because I'm just not comfortable with it. I feel like I couldn't do it justice or portray it accurately.

Edit: I have one plot that involves a woman crossdressing as a man so she can bypass traditional gender roles (it's a historical setting), but that's about the closest I'll get to comfortably portraying transgenderism. I just don't know enough about it and I'm cis myself, thus it's territory I trod on lightly.

Don't you just hate it when you find a good partner and they only want you to play a gender they prefer? Yeah, that gets put on my pet peeve list.

Can't use there their and they're. Nonnative English speakers get a pass but if you're a native speaker you gotta just put 2 seconds into using the right one its so annoying and such a TINY detail I jus grhrgrgrgrh.

^ this, and i've see to/too get mistaken. My biggest problem with typos/grammar or punctuation mistakes is when someone gets something wrong consistently in a group rp and no one says anything. It's like letting someone walk around with food stuck in their teeth.

This isn't really an issue with individual partners, but I really don't like how it seems like the only people interested in the same kinds of RPs I am are in massively different timezones, where early for me is late for them.

Immersion is gone when we can only exchange a couple posts before someone has to go to bed.

A BIG personal pet peeve of mine is for sure people who solely seek out roleplay for the romance aspect. I find they tend to never- go nowhere if I'm blunt.

Partners with little to no initiative aren't too good either. I understand in most cases one person tends to be a bit more of the drive for a storyline, but I don't want to hold your hand and guide you along either. This might be a personal thing because I haven't seeked out new partners for roleplay in a good couple of years- and with a new partner you may be unsure of how to act on your own in some instances without being afraid your 'ruining the others plans', so instead it tends to be just simply reacting the other's ideas.

I mention at least three times in my ads that I am a slow replier due to real-life obligations and my abundance of health issues. Therefore, if someone wants warp speed replies, then I am not the partner for them. So, why do I keep getting people who ask me to roleplay, then get pissed when I don't reply when they want me to. A soon to be ex-partner has been harassing me every day for replies even though I kept reminding him that I can't reply right now. Today, when I told him I was dealing with a flare-up he exploded at me. I kept saying I don't know what to say except sorry. 😭 All of my other partners have been extremely patient and understanding.

I mention at least three times in my ads that I am a slow replier due to real-life obligations and my abundance of health issues. Therefore, if someone wants warp speed replies, then I am not the partner for them. So, why do I keep getting people who ask me to roleplay, then get pissed when I don't reply when they want me to. A soon to be ex-partner has been harassing me every day for replies even though I kept reminding him that I can't reply right now. Today, when I told him I was dealing with a flare-up he exploded at me. I kept saying I don't know what to say except sorry. 😭 All of my other partners have been extremely patient and understanding.
I keep getting the converse! Whenever I look for partners that can be warp speed active when I am, I specifically mention that in my ads, as well as the time and timezone thereof, and I only ever get people interested that are the complete opposite, only active when I'm busy and slow even then.

When players/partners completely ignore the setting and dialogue of your character so their character can be the focus of the rp. Like come on, I want to rp to build a story together, not to build up whatever power/romantic fantasy you got going on. I'm talking about those partners that completely ignore everything you've written so they can be the center of attention, and you can tell they want you to idolize their character. It just grinds my gears!

i'm in a weird spot where i want to shift gears to dice/tabletop rp, but i also have 0 experience gming + there's nothing newbie-friendly open atm

i'm in a weird spot where i want to shift gears to dice/tabletop rp, but i also have 0 experience gming + there's nothing newbie-friendly open atm
Well, the problem with TTRPGs is that you kinda need a senior player in order to learn. I mean it's real easy to simplify, but if you don't know what you're doing you'll more than likely mess yourself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back