Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Black.

Black.

Black.

....Light! 

spring_flowers_alley_blossoms.jpg

Little Rosalina opened her eyes and pulled back her dark brown hair to find herself in a beautiful, blossoming field of flowers by a seemingly enchanted forest's entrance, the two separated by a bright, shining stream that reflected the sun's light splendidly, it's gentle sparkles like powdered gold not blinding her sensitive little eyes at all. The sun in the sky itself seemed to have a smile on it's face, the air was cool, and the breeze was light enough to be pleasant, but strong enough to make the leaves and fallen petals dance in the air like lush ballerinas. Despite the breeze, she did not feel cold at all. In fact, she felt warm, like the very sun itself was gently embracing her.

She couldn't quite describe the smell about her, but she did know if she could see it that it would be [COLOR= hotpink]pink. [/COLOR]

As she looked down, she noticed there was a paint brush on the ground, and the small girl pondered if someone had painted the flowers this way? If so, where was the paint? Where were THEY? The paintbrush LOOKED used, despite not having paint on it,  but there were no signs of the painter... 

The flowers, though Rosie was no impressive botanist at only eight years old, were all pink in these green woods, though she swore certain types of flowers she did not recall ever being able to be that fuschia. 

Tiny Rosie inhaled profusely, soaking in all the beauty and splendor of the flowers, and even the wet dirt and misty tree scents could not drown out their lovely fragrance. Though there were many variations of flowers in this field, the one type of flower that particularly was numerous were roses. Pink ones, of course.

[COLOR= hotpink]"If only Mommy and Daddy were here with me, then I could stay here forever!" [/COLOR]The little one thought to herself as she carefully picked a pink dahlia and softly tickled her nose with it, breathing in the scent a bit excitedly, but careful not to disturb its delicate petals too much.

Suddenly, she had an idea!

[COLOR= hotpink]"I'll pick Mommy and Daddy some flowers, too! I know they'll love it!" [/COLOR]The small brown-haired child decided as she began picking as many flowers from the field as she could.

"Give unto others as you would have them give unto you. Very good, as they have given to you to raise you, you also wish to give back to them. That is a good sign," came a voice from, it seemed, the sky itself. It sounded like a familiar young woman. Perhaps she had heard the younger version of that voice before?

Rosie looked up to try to see the voice's owner, but saw only a sky painted in a beautiful pink-orange gradient, like a sunset, despite the sun being almost in the center of the heavens. This painter had done a very good job with colors, and little Rosie hoped one day she could paint this pretty, too!

[COLOR= hotpink]"Hm?" [/COLOR]Rosie asked innocently, pondering what that meant for a moment, who the voice belonged to, and then going back to picking more flowers.

"In all the books that I have chose,

In their poems, stories, and prose,

Inside the beauty of the rose

Is where every love, and passion, flows.

Yet all that could be found in TWO

is LESS THAN what I feel for YOU," 

Another voice recited from the sky, this time sounding like a young man, though she had never heard it before. It made her tummy feel all floaty and like butterflies were in it!

[COLOR= hotpink]"Hee hee, what a silly story! I love you, silly voice-y!" [/COLOR]An amused Rosie giggled to herself, thinking the rhyme was from one of her nursery books from when she was younger.

She continued to gather flowers, but was disappointed their smell was not as strong as she thought it would be, especially with the flowers in her arms.

Then she paused to examine the biggest culprit of the pretty scent.

She knew what to do.

The brown-haired child trotted to one of the many pink rose bushes by the stream and reached out her hand to pick one.  

"But he who dares NOT grasp the thorn shall never crave a ROSE," came a voice that sounded like a female snake, or, what Rosie imagined they sounded like. She could almost swear she heard it hiss.

[COLOR= hotpink]"H-huh? Wh-what?" [/COLOR]A now frightened Rosie gasped, forgetting to STOP her arm wondering where the snake was, and .reached out to grab a rose.

Or rather, grab it's thorn.

She had pressed her thumb and index finger too tight onto the roses spiked stem and pricked her fingers on them, a paste-y red liquid that smelled like pennies dripping out of her fingers now began tainting the rose... 

“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses,”  This time little Rosie KNEW whose voice THAT was!

[COLOR= hotpink]"MOMMY!" [/COLOR]The happy child cried, dropping all her flowers in absentminded excitement, but her chirp soon vanished, as the tainted rose fell by the water and a drop of blood fell onto the stream... and turned it completely red.

Child Rosie didn't understand what was going on... 

Suddenly, the sweet scent of the flowers started to fade, overcome by the smell of... pennies...

Why did it smell like pennies? 

In a foolish attempt to try to fix what she had done, Little Rosie ran up to the stream to remove the rose from it, but as she grabbed the rose, the penny-like red water grabbed HER, PULLING HER IN! 

She tried to swim back, she tried not to drown, she tried to see the pretty field AT LEAST ONE MORE TIME, but all she could do was see RED.

Rosie opened her eyes to black, but that smell of pennies still clogged her nose. She tried to move, but something heavy was holding her still.

Something warm, soft but wet, that smelled like flowers. Flowers and pennies.

[COLOR= hotpink]"Mommy...?" [/COLOR]She cried, moving her head to try to look up, though she only saw scary black again.

"Did you hear that?" 

Who was that?

"Yeah, I think it came from in here!"

Who was THAT?

LIGHT.

Rosie whimpered as she shut her eyes, hurt by the white.

"Oh..."

"Aw, Jeez..."

What were the voices saying that for? What were the voices saying?

The soft, warm, wet penny -flower was no longer hugging Rosie anymore.

The white kept wanting her to see, and she opened her eyes. She knew where she was now. She was inside of Mommy's closet. She knew this from the MANY times she had played hide and seek in here!

But the door was open and there were two blue men surrounded by the white, and one of them was holding Mommy! Mommy was red, just like the penny-water from the stream, her eyes were open, though the blue man was closing them.

He looked sad. Did he want mommy awake that much? How was Mommy asleep before if her eyes were open?

The other blue man reached for HER, using a towel mommy used to wash her face to wipe Rosies face. When he took the towel away it had red penny water on it too.

The blue man picked her up like she was a kitty and smiled sadly at her.

[COLOR= hotpink]"Is mommy gonna be okay? Is she sleeping? Can you please wake my mommy up?" [/COLOR]She asked, tugging his shirts sleeve.

Now the blue man's face looked like the rest of him.

"Sweetie, I think you need to come with me...Do you know what happened?" He said.

[COLOR= hotpink]"N-no... Why? Can mommy and daddy come, too?" [/COLOR]Rosie asked back.

She looked by the blue man to see a strange man and daddy sleeping by the ground of the closet that was red. She didn't remember mommy and daddys carpet having a red spot...?

Daddy was asleep, too?  Who was the strange man next to daddy?

The tiny girl looked all around at all the strange faces. She didn't know a single one of them, but they all smiled sadly at her. One of them gave her a candy she didn't really want to eat. Another gave her some water she was scared was going to drown her at first, but then drank it because the inside of her mouth wasn't wet anymore. Why was she here? Why was she not home with her mommy and daddy?

"Rosie!" Came a voice that FINALLY Rosie knew. It was little Corny.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." She was crying, but Rosie didn't know why. Cornys parents were with her, sadly smiling at her like every strange face here had, too.

[COLOR= hotpink]"H-huh? Why are you crying? Why are you sorry? I-I'm sorry you got woken up 'cause Mommy and daddy won't do the same," [/COLOR]Rosie told her, 

Corny's parents gave each other worried looks, like they're late for something. What were they late for?

Corny, still crying, just looked at Rosie, almost smiling when Rosie came closer and wiped away a tear. Then Corny gives her a hug like mommy did when they were hiding in the closet.

"I... I don't know when they'll wake up again... but... but... I-I promise, W-w-we'll... I-I-I'll take care o-of you until they do, o-okay?" She kept crying.

[COLOR= hotpink]"Oki..." [/COLOR]Rosie said back. She didn't mind being with Corny for a bit, but she was already starting to miss her mommy and wished they would just wake her up already... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay for childhood pain!

Kid Max and Kid Rosie should have a get-together. 

Also, Rosie seemed vaguely schizophrenic at the beginning.

@Assailant xD Right?

O w0 That's not entirely out of the realm of possibility as the RP goes on heh heh...

Does she? Hmmmm  ' 3'

Users who are viewing this thread