• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern What's In A Name?

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Reiyumi

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Transferring into a new school was hard enough, somehow doing it a third of the way into the new year was even worse. For Elizabeth, she couldn't stand it. Why did everyone need to know who she was? She stood at the front of the classroom by her new first period teacher. Her arms crossed and a sour expression on display. Well, at least she'd dressed comfortably.
"Alright class, we have a new student. This is Elizabeth, she'll be joining us for the new year. Please try to make her feel welcome. Elizabeth, would you tell us one thing about yourself?"
She groaned. "Ugh..... I guess. I moved here from a very boring town in the middle of nowhere, Idaho."

Last edited:
Sylvia glanced up at her from where she'd been writing in her notebook. She put a hand on her face, her long baby pink nails matching the shades of the soft pink makeup she wore. Sylvia loved coordinating her outfits. She gave the new girl, Elizabeth, a quick glance-over. She seemed like she didn't like it here. To be honest, Sylvia didn't either, nobody really did, but this girl seemed especially unhappy. Maybe Sylvia should talk to her after class? As the head of the Junior student council, she felt pretty inclined to help her get to know the school.

The teacher sighed. "Alright, go ahead and find a seat."
Elizabeth scowled just a little before nodding. She walked towards the back of the room to a seat. She dropped her bag to the floor. At that point, she looked around at her classmates. Right. Her eyes landed the pink clad girl. "I... Did not know girls wore that much pink," she mumbled to herself.

Sylvia overheard her comment and flushed, looking at her hands. Yeah, she did wear a lot of pink, but...matching! It was so important! Sylvia sighed. She probably looked like a walking stereotype, in all the pink. Still, she wasn't going to let those comments get to her! She still wanted to befriend this new girl, so she fixed a smile on her face and turned to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth blinked and stared at the girl. Uh.... What's with the smile? She leaned back a bit, as if to step back from the odd positivity of this girl.
"Uh.... Hi?"
It really was too bad she'd forgotten to tie her hair up. If only because it was at that moment that it attached itself to her chair, not that she'd noticed yet.

"Hi! I'm Sylvia. Sylvia Taylor." Sylvia said quickly, continuing to smile, her braces flashing at Elizabeth. She hoped her smiling wasn't weird. Elizabeth looked sllightly uncomfortable... Sylvia turned her head away suddenly, in an attempt to make the other girl more comfortable.

"Sylvia?" What a.... Name. Elizabeth chuckled and leaned forward. While doing so, her hair tugged at her scalp painfully. She winced. Her expression quickly turned into a scowl. "This stupid hair..."
With that, she scoffed and turned away. Darn, her plans to tease the pink clad Sylvia were ruined by her own hair.

Sylvia's expression turned concerned. "You okay?" She asked, looking over at Elizabeth. She hoped that she was....Sylvia drummed her fingernails on the desk, waiting for an asnwer.

Elizabeth untangled her hair from the chair, scowl still in full force. She glanced at Sylvia. "I'm fine." She spat out. After that she went quiet as she searched for a hair tie.

Sylvia frowned, watching Elizabeth. So far, she was failing at befriending Elizabeth, but she was determined. "So! How was Idaho?"

Elizabeth glanced at her with a look of confusion and astonishment. She was silent for a few moments before considering the question before she shrugged. "I guess it was okay... "

Sylvia grinned at her. "Well, hopefully here'll be even better!" She chirped, pulling a lipstick out of her bag to touch up her makeup. "I know it's a pretty good town!"

Elizabeth raised a brow at Sylvia. Right.. well. Elizabeth put her into a ponytail and pulled out a notebook. She grabbed a pen and started writing.

Sylvia re-did her lipstick, which was a very light shade of pink. She smiled at her reflection and then picked her pencil back up. She finished up her notes, glancing at Elizabeth occasionally.

Elizabeth finished her own notes. When she finished, she looked around the classroom. Eventually her eyes landed on Sylvia. She leaned forward onto her desk. "So.... Is pink your favorite color?"

"Haha, how could you tell?" Sylvia giggled, twirling one of her pink strands of hair around a finger. "Yes, it's definitely my favorite! What about you?"

Elizabeth just stared at her blankly. What the... "Uh..... Black. I guess. I don't really think about it."
She smirked though, resting her chin on her hands.

"Oooh, that's a nice color!" Sylvia said brightly, continuing to smile at her. "Oh! Right! Can I see your schedule?" Sylvia asked, cocking her head to the side.

Elizabeth handed her schedule. It was at this point that she heard whispers from whoever was next to her. She scowled and turned on them. "Excuse me? How dare you judge someone you don't know?"

Sylvia looked at her schedule, although she paused when she heard what Elizabeth said. She looked over at her, not wanting to get involved...but also not wanting Elizabeth to do something stupid.

"Knowing you like black is enough to judge you."
Elizabeth formed a fist and started to get up. "What's wrong with liking black?"
She was fuming and yet, she didn't make another move towards the individual.

"E-elizabeth..." Sylvia attempted, reaching out in an attempt to console her, although she knew it wasn't going to do anything. She dimly wondered why the teacher wasn't doing anything about it.

"Elizabeth Smith. Sit. Down." The teacher said sternly, arms crossed.
Elizabeth whirled and glared at the teacher. She glanced at Sylvia and her expression softened slightly. Right. With that she plopped back into her seat. "Yeah, yeah.... Whatever."

Sylvia smiled hesitantly at her. "Well! We have two more classes together...!" She said, pointing to her schedule. "English and History, so I can show you where they are! And I can show you to your other classes, too, if you need me to!"

Elizabeth only nodded in response. She kept her eyes to the front of the class, her hand still clinched in a fist. When the bell finally rang, she stood and gathered her things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back