Other What's an unpopular opinion you have?

So you support dumping humanity in the woods to see who's the most fit to survive?
Because you know any finance-related people, any insurance agents, and any lawyers will be picked off minutes into it.

Oh, okay then: I DON'T BELIEVE IN EQUALITY!!! SURVIVAL OF THE BIRTHEST!!!
... That's the spirit.

Ironrot Ironrot Not necessarily true. We're drawn towards people of wealth(power), as well as people who are generally attractive. Both of those traits are useless, but survival and instinct is what makes others praise those qualities. Unless someone is unintelligent, unattractive, weak, poor, and powerless they would have a fair chance in a situation of survival. Just saying.

... That's the spirit.

Ironrot Ironrot Not necessarily true. We're drawn towards people of wealth(power), as well as people who are generally attractive. Both of those traits are useless, but survival and instinct is what makes others praise those qualities. Unless someone is unintelligent, unattractive, weak, poor, and powerless they would have a fair chance in a situation of survival. Just saying.

Except that most humans are never in an actual survival situation, and whether or not you flourish is often dependant on your access to money. Some people have earned that, others have had it given to them by virtue of their parents. Similarly education is made easy for some, but difficult to obtain for others and the difference is largely arbitrary and decided prior to birth.
You can't know the fittest if you're picking the winners before they have been born.

Of course there is the case where some from a poor background achieves success. I'd argue that that is the only case where you can see actual survival of the fittest

Last edited:
Probably the most unpopular opinion I have is that makeup is oppressive to women. It's a little complex, because women wear it in order to feel confident in public, and it was originally created by men. Some people say it's empowering for them, but I can't quite wrap my head around that one because these same people don't feel comfortable without wearing the mask. In other words, wouldn't that equate to them feeling ashamed of their imperfections, rather than feeling empowered? I guess one can feel kind of powerful being able to paint on any face they wanted, but why would they feel the need to do so if they were happy in their own skin?

This is just my opinion of course, but I recognize that makeup is a construct. There is a lot of pressure for women to wear it, and they're taught this right out of the womb. I have nothing against people who do wear makeup, but I can't seem to figure out how it isn't oppressive to them. Maybe I'm just bias because I grew up with my grandparents, and my grandmother was never into cosmetics, even in her youth. Therefore, I never felt the desire to wear makeup. Plus, because I do recognize it as being a construct in society (and a sexist one, in my opinion), I've always rebelled against it. I also don't feel like I need it (then again, I don't think anybody out there "needs" it) because I'm happy with my unaltered appearance.

Thoughts?
I guess that makes sense. I don't think it's right to blame it on sexism. Women put makeup on themselves. If someone tells a woman she needs makeup, that's another story, but otherwise it's a personal preference.
I used to wear dark makeup(nothing extreme(... well, now that I think about it...)) as a pre-teen little sh*t. I'd always wear a combination of heavy eyeliner, lipstick, or eyeshadow. I felt awful if I wasn't wearing it. No one told me to wear that style and in such a quantity(closer to the opposite). I had so much fun experimenting with the different tools and colors I could apply. Even though I don't do that anymore, I still love putting makeup on, for the same reason I love drawing and painting. But now I wear a thin streak of eyeliner and anything more is only on occasion. I was, in fact, uncomfortable with my natural appearance back when I wore heavy makeup. That goes against my point. Still, I think it's just because my style was so drastically different from what I looked like naturally. I'm at the peak of my teenage years and I'm old enough to start dating, but I wear less makeup than I used to and I'm far more comfortable either way.
It's a similar situation with high heels. I like feeling taller. High heels seem even less logical than makeup, as makeup isn't painful and can't(or almost never does) cause permanent damage. Anyway, I just mean to say I disagree, but I completely understand why you believe that.

I guess that makes sense. I don't think it's right to blame it on sexism. Women put makeup on themselves. If someone tells a woman she needs makeup, that's another story, but otherwise it's a personal preference.
I used to wear dark makeup(nothing extreme(... well, now that I think about it...)) as a pre-teen little sh*t. I'd always wear a combination of heavy eyeliner, lipstick, or eyeshadow. I felt awful if I wasn't wearing it. No one told me to wear that style and in such a quantity(closer to the opposite). I had so much fun experimenting with the different tools and colors I could apply. Even though I don't do that anymore, I still love putting makeup on, for the same reason I love drawing and painting. But now I wear a thin streak of eyeliner and anything more is only on occasion. I was, in fact, uncomfortable with my natural appearance back when I wore heavy makeup. That goes against my point. Still, I think it's just because my style was so drastically different from what I looked like naturally. I'm at the peak of my teenage years and I'm old enough to start dating, but I wear less makeup than I used to and I'm far more comfortable either way.
It's a similar situation with high heels. I like feeling taller. High heels seem even less logical than makeup, as makeup isn't painful and can't(or almost never does) cause permanent damage. Anyway, I just mean to say I disagree, but I completely understand why you believe that.

This is exactly why I posted here, actually. I was having a hard time seeing it from a different angle even though I wanted to, but this really helps. Thank you for submitting your response!

Edit: I should also add that I have had people to tell me to wear makeup. Mostly this has come from my family, because they believe it's an essential part of life. Of course, I've had people tell me to go without it as well. Some people have even assumed I'm wearing it when I'm not. Yet, like most female-bodied people, I've had immense pressure from the media. I've learned over the years to stay away from magazines and look away from commercials, billboards, movies and more, but the beauty exceptions society has for people is absurd and difficult to escape from.

Last edited:
There are only two genders.

That's not true, unless you discredit the millions of people out there who don't identify with the gender binary, as well as historical references that suggest otherwise. (Ie: Two-spirit, ancient religions and more!)

Also, some governments officially recognize alternative genders. Take Ireland, for example.

Last edited:
Bernie Sanders is a shit politician and let his ego ruin the chances of one of the best and most qualified candidates of our time, Hillary Clinton.

Heathens by 21 Pilots isn't a rock song , it's an okay R&B song. No way it should get the honor of being the one 'rock' song at all the (sadly mainstream pop) oriented award shows , especially since ******* Metallica has made new music this year.

After kicking your asses in the Revolution you'd think that pipe dream would die after 1812. Still let's make both countries great again. Hail to the Anglosphere!
Technically the US didn't exactly do that. If she did that , Canada would be part of the continental US right now. No , I think what you're looking for is 'we managed to defend our country from another invasion , and neither side gained or lost anything'. It wasn't exactly a resounding route , either , because Britain managed to raze Washington DC during those three years , too. Usually 'we kicked their asses' would mean one accomplished everything they set out to do , which definitely not the case. I guess the US did manage to capture a significant portion of Spanish Florida (reducing it to being the size of the state Florida) as a part of the concurrent wars with the Seminoles and other Native Tribes , but by then the spainairds were scarcely a world power. They couldn't even defend the territory anymore to begin with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back