Viewpoint What you cannot stand in characters?

A few meta things over the character themselves !
First would be the name, we've pretty much all passed through that phase of anime names I guess ? But nowadays when it's ( for example) a fantasy setting and there's an elf named Kumiko or Tsubaki... I fear the weeb stuff !
Then the picture, in the same idea I'd most likely not be reassured by someone using any classic manga/anime main character as an apparence...But I can pass over this as I often use some secondary character looks.
Lastly would be an incoherent back story or one sided personality. A half elf half vampire half furry half bookshelf won't do, and a cute, lovely princess who's only really just overly sweet is boring, like, add some spice to it, damn it ! X) And on the opposite a possibly cool backstory but that exists only to justify an overpowered, sasuke-style character bores me too. The kind of " years passed being a deadly assassin and nobody really knows what happens" that is really just to make a too mysterious, broken character !
Lastly I'm not a real fan of 100% associable characters... But it has to be nuanced. I know people who manage to have their character be a lonely dickhead and they still have cool interactions happen, but when it feels like I need to just run after one's character, yeah, bores me ! Hisoka is good, a boring Sasuke is not ! x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back