Other What would you most like advice and help in when doing writing?

Ebony Rose

Bloom in death
This could be writing stories, doing rp, or just in general. If I get enough feedback, then I am going to try and put together articles that offer advice along with resources that could provide further help. Please comment what you think and what you would like to see! If you are willing, then please help let others see this so I can get a good amount of feedback.

I'd like to be able to write more unique descriptions, more poetic. I'm working on it, but it really is mostly learning new words.

God, I need to learn how to start posts. I can move a plot forward once it's started but being the one writing the first post is difficult for me.

I also wish I wasn't so wordy, simplicity is okay at times. But I just end up adding too much detail.

I also wish I wasn't so wordy, simplicity is okay at times. But I just end up adding too much detail.
Are you one of the ones who goes into details for example about the floor being sticky and its color? I quit an RP one time because literally everyone went into those kind of details. Once got rid of the unnecessary fluff out of ten posts only one thing got done, the various characters said hello. It was exhausting to read.

Are you one of the ones who goes into details for example about the floor being sticky and its color? I quit an RP one time because literally everyone went into those kind of details. Once got rid of the unnecessary fluff out of ten posts only one thing got done, the various characters said hello. It was exhausting to read.

It's not to that extent, but I do put in a fair deal amount of big words. Mostly as I find people are kinda picky and want that sorta thing. I want to be more simplistic but set a tone. Kinda exhausting to keep up with the people that only focus on little details, which unfortunately I stumble upon many of them. Kinda got used to it, I suppose. Guess I wanna grow out of it.

Last edited:
To be honest, despite primarily writing action stories, I ironically have always felt that I've struggled with fight scenes. I've always thought them to be too repetitive after a while. I'm good at visualising the scenes, just not quite that at putting them into words.

1. Descriptive settings.

2. Imbuing actions with emotions without having to use ‘feeling words’ as a crutch.

3. Crafting melodic prose. I’ve seen roleplayers write such pretty prose that they sound like poetry. Teach me your ways! ;-;

This could be writing stories, doing rp, or just in general. If I get enough feedback, then I am going to try and put together articles that offer advice along with resources that could provide further help. Please comment what you think and what you would like to see! If you are willing, then please help let others see this so I can get a good amount of feedback.

I need help knowing when to replace simple words or phrases with more complex ones to make the story more intriguing or to make people view me as smart.

This is my own personal take for descriptions.. I use to fumble a lot with descriptions. Whether I was writing too much, or not enough. Overtime I've learned that being descriptive is sometimes better with less. For example, if I'm describing a setting.. lets say a graveyard, I may describe the weather, maybe there is a certain smell in the air, or something that is unusual that should be noted. I do this because If you asked 10 people what they see if they were to imagine a graveyard I'm sure 95% of the things they'd describe would be the same. I do the same for characters, giving a few details that stick out and let the reader fill in the blanks :)

I struggle with dialogue and when to break up dialogue with describing what they're doing when speaking.

I as well am looking to work on more lyrical, flowery prose. Feel like that would be the best way to improve my writing, since I feel prose and writing is my weakness.

Fight scenes 100%. I don't have much experience writing fight scenes with other people, and I get quite nervous when one pops up even if my writing partner is patient with me. I don't want to skip them, or take them over. I love reading them to an extent, too.

This project is still in progress. I currently have advice for several topics that may take multiple sets of postings. Please continue helping me by commenting on areas of general interest along with specific information or points of struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back