Other What were some of your BEST roleplays?

loopy

inactive
i see a lot of people talking about their worst experiences with roleplay, and stuff like that. so i wanted to ask; what were some of your best roleplays? roleplays that you kept on going for quite a while, roleplays that got you excited when the other person replied, roleplays where you would reply with such enthusiam. stuff like that.

i can recall two times. the first time was actually my first time roleplaying on fanfiction.net, seems strange, right? it was all the way on september 29th 2014 (huh, i only searched my gmails for the pm), so i was only 12 at the time. it originally started out as a normal pm, saying their, urh, fnaf truth or dare, thing was great... and then it went from there. it was a lazy script writing style, with a few ocs added in, but 12 year old me absolutely loved it. it went on for... a few years? on and off, but yeah. there was 49 posts a page (sadly i counted) and in total there's 68 pages, so doing the maths, there are 3332 posts there of rp in total... wowzers.

then another one that's quite semi recent was a persona 5 one, which i really did love. it's one of the few rps where i got to talk ooc with someone, which i love. this was on quotev, so now their groups are deleted sadly. also, i had stopped replying for some reason? i should probably see if they're still up for continuing...

but, yeah! i wanna know some others!

I had a partner a few years back who would write really detailed responses really get into the heads and emotions of the character they were playing. That was pretty cool. On the down side they would write like a dozen paragraphs each response and they had a few RP's going and they just burned themselves out and quit RP altogether after a while.

On the other end of the extreme I had a friend where we would RP via yahoo messenger, little stories that would start and end within an hour or two of playing and the next time we would start a fresh story.

Ah, the only one that really sticks out was this fallen angel x human thing. I forget all the details, but what I really loved about it was the detail my partner put into it. Our characters met in a cafe, had a wonderful conversation, made you want to know more and see where it would go. But like most roleplays, your partner disappears for an unknown amount of time and you give up. Whether they were bored of the content I was giving out or life just took over, I always think about that one and wonder if I'll have a similar experience.

Most 1x1s don't suit me anymore, especially when I crave something more than "oh I like her, oh she likes me back!" romance. "Oh no, someone is tearing us apart!" And so on. That one was satisfying in that there was way more to it besides romance.

my best roleplays were always 1x1. While I was in group roleplays as well and they were still a lot of fun, still, 1x1 were the most satisfying overall.

A shoutout to Relias_ Relias_ for one of my best roleplays XDD It's so fun and intense, and we do a lot of advance planning which works well for us.
Now that I think about it, most of the roleplays I considered my best have some advance planning. I know this approach doesn't work for everyone, so it was a sign of good rp partner compatibility.

Although there was one that I also like a lot and it had almost no planning at all. It was ridiculously crazy and the plot went completely astray from what we planned originally, but it was very fun to keep throwing our characters into more and more ridiculous situations. We had a good laugh XD

Oh man, I've had a few. A lot of them were rps I didn't expect to enjoy so much! One involved a Victorian-era stalker blackmailing their victim into letting them live with them, another involved random high schoolers somehow getting swept up into a huge dramatic gang fight, another involved Western and Eastern zodiacs, another was about two people trying to rekindle their friendship after growing apart by going on a trip together only to get kidnapped by a couple of serial killers... There are way too many to count.

One of my favorite roleplays was a Magic Boy / Magic Girl 1x1 based on the Zodiacs and Astrology. Their enemies were the stars and their legends and it played out like such a cheesy, cliche anime. It was so much fun, it was so silly and cute. You could tell we both watched wayyy to much Sailor Moon. Broke my heart when he just disappeared one day and never came back online.

I hosted a nation building RP a year ago in which players could control their own custom interstellar empire (hence the title of the RP). It had a fairly large group and dedicated community. However, I quickly realised that I had no idea what I was doing since it was the first nation RP I ever hosted, and got a little over-ambitious. Combined with the fact that I was busy preparing for my O-Levels, I had to drop it. Still one of my favourite RPs though. It was rebooted by a former member but that died too. Hope to host it again or something similar sometime in the near-future.

my best roleplays were always 1x1. While I was in group roleplays as well and they were still a lot of fun, still, 1x1 were the most satisfying overall.

A shoutout to Relias_ Relias_ for one of my best roleplays XDD It's so fun and intense, and we do a lot of advance planning which works well for us.
Now that I think about it, most of the roleplays I considered my best have some advance planning. I know this approach doesn't work for everyone, so it was a sign of good rp partner compatibility.

Although there was one that I also like a lot and it had almost no planning at all. It was ridiculously crazy and the plot went completely astray from what we planned originally, but it was very fun to keep throwing our characters into more and more ridiculous situations. We had a good laugh XD

;///; You're making me blussshhhhhh! headpats

My favorite RP, by far on this website is still "Schoolgirl x Kaneki Ken [Tokyo Ghoul]" that I did with Grimmlock Grimmlock . It was an amazing RP! And it was really enjoyable, how much I felt like we connected to our characters and I think the storyline we created was awesome. So, I am forever grateful for that RP. Especially because the RP came alive, at a time where I really needed something to escape to in 2015 and it really helped me. So, I'm very blessed with that I had the opportunity to RP with Grimmlock and do a Tokyo Ghoul-themed RP. That was my favorite RP, probably in my entire RP "career" lolz. :)

My favorite RP, by far on this website is still "Schoolgirl x Kaneki Ken [Tokyo Ghoul]" that I did with Grimmlock Grimmlock . It was an amazing RP! And it was really enjoyable, how much I felt like we connected to our characters and I think the storyline we created was awesome. So, I am forever grateful for that RP. Especially because the RP came alive, at a time where I really needed something to escape to in 2015 and it really helped me. So, I'm very blessed with that I had the opportunity to RP with Grimmlock and do a Tokyo Ghoul-themed RP. That was my favorite RP, probably in my entire RP "career" lolz. :)
I couldn't have said it any better myself :) Thank you so much for those great memories. I will never forget the RP that we spent countless hours on, making a ghoulish and heartfelt story, and I will never forget you, the person who helped me with so much and made the entire RP possible. Take it easy Sukai ;)

After a lot of convincing, I finally got my then-best friend to roleplay with me. We did a few like, really god awful roleplays with super generic plots. Some of them being us with but super powers going to school and saving the world.

But one day out of the blue I sent her the music video to A Little Less 16 Candles by Fall Out Boy and said "Wouldn't this kinda make for a really good roleplay?". We spent a lot of time lore building and making characters together. But this was like, in 2009, so we were still young and everything was very poorly written. But we loved that plot so much we were really sad when we finally ended it. Purely because we reached the end of the arc we had planned and didn't know how to continue it. But man, she would spend the night and bring her laptop over just so we could roleplay across the room from each other. It's the only old roleplay I have archived that I love to go back and read every now and then. Still probably my favorite to this day!

My friend, who introduced me to RPing back when I was 12, did a Percy Jackson-related RP with me. We had our own OCs inserted into it. It derailed pretty far away from the original, ya know, "Percy Jackson" idea... we kinda just started doing whatever we wanted, with the only relation to the source material being that our OCs were demigods.
It was an atrocious RP, full of one-liners and horrendous grammar and very lacking descriptions, but I remember getting myself so hyped up during the final battle (between our OCs and some random "big baddie" we'd made up) that I was almost jumping up and down in my chair, and although our responses to each other were extremely quick, even waiting 30 seconds for a reply felt too long. I still vividly remember my excitement, even nine years later.
Makes me kinda sad that such a horrendous RP was one that I have some of the best memories with, lol

I also remember a Legend of Zelda-based RP (Twilight Princess, specifically) based around Link and my RP partner's OC. I really loved it because they went on a lot of exciting adventures together; there was no romance at all, just good old fashioned action and adventure and friendship. I'd gotten a bit better at writing then, so my posts were much higher quality. Unfortunately, after multiple years of doing this RP kind of off-and-on, my RP partner dropped off the face of the earth...

My best role play was on another website which sadly was discontinued a few years ago where I started as a tribe and built my nation from ground up and competing with other players, throughout the game I was the orange nation near the center. There was a lot of ups and downs my empire went through throughout the course of the game that I could show you with the political map the GM made each turn.

latest

From humble beginnings

latest

Growing nicely so far...

latest

Well, shit (I’ve essentially became the HRE where all the states encompassed by the red line are de facto independent while they’re part of my nation de jure)

latest

Reunited the empire! (After many turns)

latest

Growing bigger...

latest

And bigger! There’s no stopping us now!

latest

Oh fuck, the nomadic horde from the East steppe appeared

2N50Zd.png

Back with a vengeance!

Well sadly, that’s the last turn put out by the GM and just when it was starting to get interesting.

Last edited:
>my best friend and i had a long ongoing rp for a good few years and i still think about how long that went on sometimes. it wasn't even declining in quality or anything it was just an ongoing rp that we did with any characters we felt we wanted and it was just for fun , so it wasn't really pressing or stressful at all
>the rps that i participated in like two years ago. i was really at my peak back then tbh

It's such a shame my favorite RP is with someone I do dislike strongly now ): Still, I probably wouldn't be friends with them again even if it meant going back to an old RP. It was two years ago or so, and it was set on this alien-like planet themed around steampunk. It was a group RP where everything was insanely unorganized, due to posts literally never being saved because of the platform, but I still enjoyed it. It was hella generic, my character was a bookworm studying the races of the planet, and his was the first documented alive male valkyrie or so. (In this lore, male valkyries are born, they're just killed at birth.) She maaaay of watched him a bit too much from the distance, but they ended up rather close friends in the end. (Even with some light smooching!) The RP was ended more or so on a cliff-hanger of someone trying to kill my character, but the interactions between the two characters were adorable in my opinion. I've never really had such a candid RP like that since, but I'm hoping to get one again.

(Isn't it a shame I can't even remember his characters name? I think it was Ferron or Farron...Oh well!)

I once had this beautiful rp about shapeshifters being hunted by a company that used them for experiments to take their powers.
One of those agents from that secret company ended up discovering that he is a Shifter, too, and joined a group of shifters that was living hidden in the desert, where he (my partner's character) grew closer with the leader of that group of shifters (my character)...
It was filled with drama, heartbreak, tragedies, romantic and super sweet moments, epic battles...
It went on for almost two years, but sadly my partner (who also was a real-life friend of mine) changed in a way that I couldn't deal with, so we cut it.
I haven't heard of her since, and I kinda do miss her and our rp, but I know that we'd only end up shouting at each other again, so I guess it was for the best...
Still hoping to one day start another rp of that kind though ^^

My boyfriend and I met in an RP three and a half years ago because our characters were paired up by chance. We got to talking, personally hit it off, started messaging outside of the game. Four iterations of the RP later and he and I have built up an entire dedicated world around it, and have been dating for two and a half years. ^~^

I'd say this one Fantasy style for RPG. I'd seen this one Admin and briefly interacted with him, but he vanished for a bit. So I actually sought him out, wanting to RP with him More in a definitely not stalkerish way. (I was newish to RPing, and I wanted to learn from him.)

So I was scrolling through his groups before joining this one Fantasy RPG as mentioned before. It was very open with a relaxed Admin and I met this one guy named Mordred. We took a bit to truly interact, giving our characters time to find each other (it was a woodsy setting). When they did, they started off like any great pairing.

They tried to kill each other. Mine ended up submitting and then bolting, only for them to have several encounters again. At last, the driving factor was when an outside source threatened them and my character looked past her cowardice and went to rescue him. Afterwards, they recovered together and Markus (his character) aided mine in moving her family to a Safer location since the enemy from before was still at large.

What was awesome was that we didn't read each other's forms, so it was a complete mystery to what our characters were. When we did figure one another out, it was golden.

Mordred and I grew to be very close friends; it's been almost three years and we still RP together...and use those two same characters together a lot. They're foils to one another, but somehow get along.

That RP got me to shift from one liners to as descriptive as I am now, and it'll forever be my favorite.

Find yourself a Mordred. You wont regret it.

A ship called Orbin (Orlais x Robin). Went on for almost 2 years with my bff, Momo. So many tears of joy and (mostly) pain were cried. The rp even had fans lol we had like 12 fans but also some haters because they didn't like that we preferred that rp to others. Some people hated Robin and wished Orlais would find someone nicer. It was a very destructive relationship and we loved it. Kinda bittersweet to get nostalgic about because it's over but still close to both our hearts. It's over because of me, we don't rp anymore because I didn't like upsetting Momo severely with my absences then reappearing so I kinda...just stopped appearing. We had to keep the ship a secret because it had been a contest and another player had thought she won Robin's heart in RP and my friend didn't know how to tell her she didn't. We had to rp them as a closet ship for several months (it honestly felt like forever for me) before they finally told her. Then Orbin was free to be out in the open x3 I'd post some of the art but it's on my laptop. We got tons of art of them. Robin was the grouchy jerk and Orlais was the adoring girl that loved him like a loyal pupper. It took almost a year of rp for them to kiss lol Robin's asexual and I think their first kiss he was drunk cuz someone drugged his coffee at work. So it was a rather pure and sweet relationship, not a nasty one about lust. It was pure love :3 boy did it make us cry though lol so many times.

The first RP I ever had that made me excited to reply was a story about a world that had been created by a god, basically as a means of entertainment. Put people onto it to be in constant conflict. Eventually grew bored of it, though, and was going to just end creation until someone caught his eyes that was preaching for peace. He went down to the world in human form to interact with this person who had gone against his plan, and it turned into a serialized adventure/love story of them traveling the world together and solving problems, fighting an uphill battle for peace. Contrived cause for his omniscience not working was due to her changing things in a way that he could not predict, so everything involving her or that she touched was beyond his ability to see.

Absolutely love and miss that.

There was a STALKER roleplay I really liked, back in 2016. One of my other favourites was a military roleplay back in 2013. Both of those are gone now.

My favorite is still ongoing (so maybe not so much a 'what were...' as a 'what is?').

Typical cliche shapeshifter type plot, where a giant wolf has been held captive, cursed to stay in their animal form, and put up for sale after a pretty storied life. A recently-graduated mage from a magic school is in the market for a familiar and against all advice takes him in, without realizing that the wolf isn't just a wolf. What makes the RP great to me is exactly how well my partner is helping to carry the story; it's not an experience that I've had before, where we both are not only very active but very involved. Taking turns running plots and coming up with the next twist, and even planning out the fluffy stuff and drama. It's been pretty fantastic. Building out multiple fantasy worlds, all of the greater story arcs and amazing side characters... I love it.

The first RP I ever had that made me excited to reply was a story about a world that had been created by a god, basically as a means of entertainment. Put people onto it to be in constant conflict. Eventually grew bored of it, though, and was going to just end creation until someone caught his eyes that was preaching for peace. He went down to the world in human form to interact with this person who had gone against his plan, and it turned into a serialized adventure/love story of them traveling the world together and solving problems, fighting an uphill battle for peace. Contrived cause for his omniscience not working was due to her changing things in a way that he could not predict, so everything involving her or that she touched was beyond his ability to see.

Absolutely love and miss that.
Just gotta say that sounds like a ton of fun tbh

one time me and my friend were on with this girl, ( we were twins )she put us to bed....then we ATTACKED!!! we went downstairs and Trashed the kitchen. the mom came downstairs in the morning, and we never got in trouble... haha!

oh, there was this one roleplay called thunderclan mysteries, back when i still was into warriors. it went on for a few years. it was with me and two other people. but one of their accounts were deleted and i was starting to lose interest in warriors so. it was super fun tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back