Other What were some of your BEST roleplays?

ooh! i had one last year with this super awesome person, we were doing a roleplay in the "be more chill" universe, where my character got squipped. they played the squip (who we made look like tom holland, because duh)

everytime i got a notification they replied, i'd read it almost immediately. our ooc conversations were super fun too; we had so much in common!
they suddenly stopped replying one day, and yeah i'm still bummed, but the memories of our rp are still fun to think about!

I had an RP when I just started on the forums. It was a different site and quite a while back. I think it was 2013? That being the year the RP died. It started in 2011 when I was just a wee 17 years old. It was about dragons and magic, and a huge scale war. It started with "there's magic and dragons." No plot. The person who started the RP left because me and two other players went on a few days without them. All that had happened... was the characters chatting in the forest. Nothing at all happened and it wasn't even a full page. But anyway...
The one kingdom lived in peace with dragons, and the other kingdom (where my character came from) killed all dragons and tamers because evil stuff. She, being a dragon trainer, fled with her dragon to the neighboring kingdom looking for peace. But she and the friends she made there accidentally got drafted further and further into the war, with their only choices being to die or fight.
Oh, and my character was one of the important keys, since she knew what the secret weapon of her kingdom was due to e tiny element in her background.
Oh, and all the main characters could at some point TURN INTO DRAGONS!
The RP died... with one character hospitalized, and the others having a cup of tea in his room. The end.

I later asked for permission to turn the RP into a novel, and the players all gave me green light. The story is long since finished by now, and I've been trying to get it published. So far without any luck, but I'm not giving up because this old cheesy RP turned into one hell of a Fantasy Series.

Alright, this looks like an interesting question... Hm... the best I had... probably the first one. I am not counting this site, mainly because all of you are dedicated to the art and most of the topics would turn out great. Anyway, if I don't count my experience on this site, I can say it was the first ever RP I had joined. There were 3 of us, and we met up through a stupid facebook game. It required a lot of friends on your list so I just went into the community page and added random people. So one of them, we'll call the player 1, was an administrator of a game group, so I joined and met up with player 2. Player 1 told me about this RP, so I made a character, very basic, just a picture and a name, and joined in. The story progressed, and so did the character. Unfortunately the game shut down and we lost contact.

However, since then, the same character in both name and looks, evolved a lot, along with my comprehension of the art of RP. However, I doubt that I will be a part of something like that ever again. I kept contact with Player 2 for a while, we tried doing our own, but it lacked the intrigue that Player 1 brought. Then I joined another RP, big project, it started off good, but it was with people, who did all the No-Nos of RP, so it turned into an unpleasant experience very quickly. I tried making my own, several times, both here and offsite but it didn't get any traction, and in the end I just quit, but I keep writing stories to myself in a notebook, just to keep my creativity high.

The best roleplay I had was with my best friend and we'd do OP characters and strange plot twists and there was just no limit to the chaos that we roleplayed out. We were often Neko girls who could morph into wolves or something stupid like that but it was amazing back when I was like 13.

Recently, the best roleplay that I started was a pretty cool roleplay where my character got sucked into a medieval fantasy world (from the modern world) and was attempting to navigate a world that had a hatred for humans and only having one person that could understand her language for some reason. I wish it wouldn't have fizzled out because it was the perfect blend of mystery, fantasy, epic adventure I've ever done.

An old roleplay of mine that died after it got to two pages called Magical Goddess Girls from Outer Space (if you think this title sounds ridiculous then good because that's the point).

I just really liked it a lot.

Also a current RP of mine called Project: Sailor. Huh. I guess I just really have good luck with Magical Girl roleplays.

I was in this really big group RP about reincarnations of Greek gods and Titans and other figures, and it was honestly the most fun thing ever. It was really slow-paced, which is exactly how I like it, and the group in it was so much fun. Of course, it kinda dwindled away, and I'm still stubbornly in the Discord server (even though no one's talked in it for a year), but I still look back fondly on everything in it, especially the relationships my characters unexpectedly found themselves in <3

Um, also, can I just say my werewolf RP with This Is Me This Is Me gives me life? (Cana and Weston make me SCREEEEEEECH)

Also, anything I'm writing with AiAi AiAi <3 <3 <3 We're both crazy and that's just the way I like it

Probably one of the best RPs I was also in was this group thing where you had to apply for the character, and I miraculously got to be the princess, and we all had a lot of fun with the plot even though we hadn't been doing it for that long. Most of the fun came from joking about the ship between the princess and her bodyguard, but I enjoyed it, too, so that was okay. XD

Okay, I apparently had a lot more really good roleplays, because there was this other one about gods of different pantheons trying to figure out this whole huge conspiracy thing (it was a very complicated plot), and I was really enjoying all the emotional drama my character had to go through... for some reason. It was really fun and interesting and honestly a really good time. I kinda miss it.

Huh. I've had a lot more fun on this site than I remembered XD

Ive only ever had this experience in YouTube comments. There wasn’t always some roleplay going on that usually revolved around a let’s play of rts games and such. It was usually political based but later there were elements of combat and other forms of character development. The next was this mech rp that I had fun with, it was short and sweet to say the least. Nothing too eventful but was nice

My best roleplay was my Gang plot. I had a really good partner too but he got really busy and couldn't respond even once a week and I didn't like that so we had to stop =(
Character A (or CA) has ascended a gang ladder to finally being leader after struggles and various obstacles. To solidify his gang's presence, he needs one valuable item from a private collector and aims to leave his mark everywhere. He acquires rare items to sell back for a massive amount of wealth, almost like a heist gang. Trouble is, he has a ton of rare items but this one item he wants he has no information on it's whereabouts. He has a lead of someone who might know where it's located but cornering the person proves difficult, as they are aware of the gang's presence and are always surrounded by guards. They make an effort to be anywhere the gang isn't.
Character B (or CB) is an investigator. She goes undercover for the gang as a personal waitress. Whenever he returns to his home or holds gang related events, she is present as well. He's been conducting himself rather secretly until one day he shoots someone execution style at the gang's headquarters. Upon seeing this CB wants out of the operation but her superiors aren't letting her as she's the closest they've ever gotten to nailing the crime lord. Things get even more intense when CA learns that someone leaked information to his person of interest, causing them to not appear at a party he had planned to go to in order to get them alone. Now his ideal plan A has been foiled and he's angry.

Some of my best rps were actually with people who ended up dropping them for whatever reason. the vibes and emotional aspects they were able to pull between our characters were just incredible, and I miss the challenge and the excited planning between us. wonder what happened

I had this really great roleplay partner on Amino. We decided to do a doubled up oc kidnap roleplay! It was great for a few months. I loved it, I loved everything about the roleplay because it was everything I looked for. But as a few months went on the replies started to get spaced out and i wouldn't hear from them for days.. eventually I saw a post that they weren't doing so well and well after that.. i haven't heard from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back