• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 🐺 What we call home

Saevel made a gesture to move back to the kitchen and once there started setting the breakfast. There were tea, sandwiches and a few different kinds of fruits. Nooa grabbed an apple and took a bite happily, then he looked at Aspen.

"Actually, I've been doing great! I've learned to channel nature and I'm quite sure I could do something without hurting myself now" he enthused, wondering if Aspen would let him try his healing on the wound on his forehead. It had been cleaned, but it still looked pretty bad. He wanted to try, but last time he'd seen Aspen, he had practically run out of his house, hugging a book, so maybe they weren't that close right now. Nooa bit his bottom lip and looked at his apple. He changed the subject.

"I haven't seen Alek yet.. could you come with me?" he asked, looking at Aspen quickly.

Last edited:
"Thank you, for allowing me to stay here over night and for the breakfast", Aspen said silently, really grateful for Saevel's hospitality and generosity.
Alek probably would've never believed him, but he was so damn grateful for everything the elves had done for him. They had allowed him to stay, to learn, had been welcoming him with open arms... Most of them. Sure, him being an Aspenvale and hopefully able to raise the barrier some time probably had influenced their decision a little, but still. He just was happy right now.

While he was listening to Nooa he reached for a pear and took a bite, just to grin happily as his friend told him about his progress.
"Hey that's awesome!", he said happily. "I'm glad the book was able to help you. And even more glad we don't have to worry about you getting yourself in danger. Hey what would I do without you here?" Smiling softly, he winked at the boy playfully.

As soon as Nooa asked him to come with him Aspen got up and nodded. He himself was worried for Alek, too, so looking after him was a welcome suggestion. "Of course", he said.

Nooa smiled his happy smile and took the apple with him as he headed towards the stairs. Once upstairs, they saw Elyona coming out of Alek's room, the woman looked tired and worried.
When Nooa asked if the brother was okay, she told him Alek was feverish and that she was going downstairs to get some cold water and a towel, father should need to start making herbal tea. Nooa looked at Aspen, worry clear in his eyes, before entering Alek's room. The air inside wasn't the freshest possible and Nooa opened a window, just enough to make the air breathable again. He sat beside the bed and received a very tired smile from his brother. At least Alek was awake! Carefully Nooa brushed his brother's cheek, it was burning hot. Asking 'how are you' didn't feel suitable, so Nooa only watched.

"Oh... come on... I'm not gonna die, kid" Alek whispered, trying to clear his throat. It was sore and hurt so much. He felt so weak, even the weight of the covers was too much. But without them he was cold. Tears filled Nooa's eyes from being scared and relieved at the same time.

"Good, because I need my brother", Nooa sobbed.

Alek laughed a little, his laugh resulting in coughing that shook his whole body. Only after it calmed down, Alek seemed to notice Aspen.

Aspen remained silent during the conversation between Nooa and Elyona, still remembering too well how her demeanor had been like Alek's, regarding him, and while Saevel to blame him for his son's accident, he couldn't tell what was going on in his mother's head. Did she blame him?
Would she be as snarky as last time?
After yesterday he just wanted some peace, so he'd very much prefer to avoid any arguments for today.

Upon arriving in Alek's room the first thing he noticed was the heat. The air wasn't exactly fresh, and the elf seemed to radiate heat like a campfire.

He mostly stayed in the background while the brothers were talking, feeling that he shouldn't disturb them for now, but when Nooa started to cry he reassuringly rested his hand on the boy's shoulder to give him some security.
Alek really didn't look good, poor guy...

When Alek finally noticed that he was in the room, too, Aspen almost flinched instinctively, but managed to approach him after a moment of hesitation.
He squatted by his bedside, giving him a hesitant smile. What to say? 'Get well soon'? Didn't really seem fitting right now...
"Hey man, you look awful", he joked kindly. "How are you, coming clear? Do you need anything?"

It was weird, but after what had happened yesterday he felt obliged to help... And he prayed to God that Alek would keep his friendlier demeanor from yesterday...

Alek just looked at Aspen. And Nooa looked at the two. For a moment it was silent, only the sounds of the brother's parents from downstairs could be heard.

"Your face is not that much better..." Alek finally spoke, smiling faintly. He was so tired and seeing Aspen made him feel embarrassed too.

If there was anything good about being sick, at least the fever hid the obvious traces of red on his face. But even if he was ashamed of his behavior so far, he wanted to talk with the halfling and preferably alone... at some point. He saw Nooa looking at him in slight surprise and it felt good.

Alek had scrolled back to the events last night, how he had lost his temper - again, and how he had accused Aspen of... what, being human? That same human had saved him however and Alek was forced to reform his opinion. Maybe... just maybe this particular human was good enough. Maybe the fact that he was only half-human meant that he could only be half-bad.

"You're insulting me, I'm absolutely beautiful", Aspen joked at Alek's comment about how his face didn't look better.
At the same time he felt an enormous weight being lifted off his shoulders; as it seemed, Alek had sticked with his surprising, new attitude. He just hoped it would stay like that.

Maybe, just maybe they could finally end their petty little war and start over. The way Alek behaved towards Noah showed him that there was more to him than just the eternally angry elf. Wouldn't it be a shame if that would be all he would appear to be?
Aspen didn't like forming an opinion about someone based on just one aspect, and now that Alek seemed to warm up to him a little he could hopefully think differently of him.

"Next time you wanna go for a swim- warn me."
He winked at Alek playfully before he turned to look at Nooa with a small grin and lifted his shoulders.
"Don't look at me like that, I'm just as surprised as you", he chuckled softly and looked at Alek from the corner of his eye with a small smile.
"But I'm glad."

Alek promised he would keep it in mind, the lake Serene was actually perfect for swimming and Alek remembered how he and Nooa would practically live underwater back when they were kids. Nowadays they swam a lot less since Alek spent his free time practicing or patrolling, they weren't exactly kids anymore either. Nooa seemed to be remembering the same things and they smiled at each other. Groaning quietly Alek made an attempt to sit up, coughing again until he slumped back on his back and sighed. I looked like the bed was going to be his best friend for a couple of days forward.

"Nooa, could you go make me some tea?" he then asked, looking at his brother. Nooa was already on his way and as the door closed after him, he was alone with Aspen.

Alek directed his gaze towards the halfling, the pale blue iciness was no longer present, it was now more examining, like searching for something.

"I may have judged you a little hastily", he admitted.
"While you may still not be my favorite person... I welcome you to the village and will support you when you're learning your magic."

There, he said it. And he meant it.

Aspen felt a bit of nervousness settle in the pit of his stomach when Alek asked Nooa to get him some tea. He was friendlier now, that was out of the question, but the nervousness would probably take a little too go away.
He wasn't resentful though, of what use would that have been, after all? All he wanted was to get along.
Alek correcting himself did surprise him, though.

"Thank you, Alek. And I'm not holding a grudge against you", he assured the other as he moved to sit on the ground. It was just more comfortable than the squatting.
His steel blue gaze followed the patterns of the wooden floor for a while before he looked up again to smile at Alek faintly.
"I mean... I understand your distrust."
That was when something about him changed. His honey blonde hair fell into his face as he lowered his gaze, releasing a sharp breath.
"I'm the result of a horrible crime, most likely. Hadn't Lennara been kidnapped during the war, I probably wouldn't exist. Your distrust against humans is only natural, after everything that happened. I get it, really. I may share his blood, but I'd never in my life do what he did. Whoever--wherever-- the man is, he's dead to me. I'd never betray this village, that much I can promise you, Alek."

Trying to somehow lighten the mood a little, Aspen attempted a small, kind of weak smile.
"What if we jus tstart over?"

Alek listened to the other talking. Reminding him about the facts may not have been the best way to go about their truce, but Alek tried to smile a little anyway.
He believed the guy and nodded at his suggestion.

"But if you ever do betray us, I will end you myself", Alek said, a small smile softening his threat.

He soon asked Aspen to open the window more, as he was getting hot now. He reached for a leather ribbon from the stool next to the bed and wrapped his hair into a bun on top of his head, wiping moisture from the back of his neck, he felt awful. Just then both Nooa and Elyona returned to the room, the former bringing the tea and the latter a bucket of cold water. Nooa left the room after placing the cup on the stool, Elyona had mentioned that the baker needed help and Nooa didn't want to argue. Now Alek's mother looked at Aspen and offered him a small cloth.

"Since you seem to be feeling better today, and since you are the one I blame for Aleksios's accident, I'm expecting you to take care of him for me", the woman spoke, leaving the water bucket next to the boy as well. Alek looked at his mother eyes widened but Elyona had made her decision and left, he was speechless and turned his face away from Aspen.

Aspen sat with his eye wife open, still staring at the spot where Elyona had just stood. What had just happened?
A little stiffly, almost in slow motion, he got up to do what Alek had asked him to do, as he hadn't had the chance yet. Elyona rushing into the room just to blame him for the boy's accident had happened just when he'd been about to get up to open that window.
What mother would order someone she barely knows to take care of her sick son instead of doing it herself?!

He didn't mind helping, but she didn't seem to be especially... Caring,even towards her own son. But he wouldn't speak that out, he just wasn't close enough to Alek to talk about a topic like that.

After he'd opened the window, he turned to look at Alek, who looked utterly ashamed.
He just slapped a warm smile into his face as moved to sit on his bedside, on the side he turned his back to so he wouldn't be forced to look at him while he felt so clearly embarrassed.

"Hey, I'm not gonna do anything you don't want, I hope you know that", he said, explicitly making sure that his voice sounded calm and relaxed.
Before he'd do anything he tied his hair up in a ponytail to avoid it constantly falling into his face.
Then, slowly, so Alek could tell him to bug off in time, he reached out to wipe some streaks of hair away from his forehead so he could dab the sweat away with the cool cloth without wetting his hair.

"Please don't end me", he chuckled softly. "You know your mother will most likely crucify me if I don't do it."

"I don't know which one would be more entertaining", Alek managed to sound somewhat himself as his fingers were fumbling with his blanket.
"But my mother is a strong character, so... I am just going to close my eyes to stop this from having to feel any more awkward than it already is", he continued and closed his eyes, shifting and turning for a better position to lie still.

The cold cloth felt heavenly on his forehead and Alek sighed in relief. For a moment he thought about his mother who was a woman with dignity. Not foo different from what he was, he knew. Or maybe he was like her, since... obviously she was here first. Father was much more warm-hearted and welcoming. Alek sat up with a groan and opened his eyes. The illusion of having anyone else but Aspen beside his bed was broken.

"Give me that", Alek asked and reached for the cloth.

Once it was his, he wiped the sweat from under his chin, upper chest, and arms. Lastly, he spread the cloth on the back of his neck, shivers running along his body from the chill feeling. Alek really wanted to scold Aspen for letting the river go out of control, but then again he had kind of provoked the situation first. Maybe he should be quiet about it and just be happy that after everything said and done, Aspen still saved him and brought him home. And even if he was a result of a horrible crime... it was not like he had actually hurt anyone.

"Thank you", Alek said and searched for Aspen's gaze. "For not leaving me in that river."

Last edited:
Aspen had decided to just remain silent while Alek commented on how he didn't know whether it would be more entertaining to end him himself or watch his mother crucify him and just did his job of cooling the elf's forehead with the wet cloth, internally praying to all gods that he wouldn't go back to his old way of behaving towards him.
Maybe he had some kind of problem, but he just hated being judged by people who didn't even know him.

As Alek took the cloth from him he was almost certain that his friendliness had been nothing but a short phase and sighed silently, watching the wall while the elf cleaned himself up.

The more surprised he was about him suddenly thanking him and clearly trying to establish eye contact.
He looked the elf straight in the eye as he just slightly lifted his shoulders.
"You really would've expected me to let you drown?", he asked a little taken aback as a hint of hurt feelings crossed his face. He probably shouldn't really care about what Alek thought of him, but somehow he did anyway. He really would've thought he'd be capable of murder? After all, what else would that have been, leaving him to down in the river?

Aspen just slightly shook his head. "I'd never. Look, we might have been off to a rocky start, but it's not like I hate you, Alek. And I do think you would've done the same. You're not that kind of person who would just leave someone to die, as far as I can tell; I'm sure there's much more to you than just sharp words and resentment."

He looked away to let his gaze follow the patterns of his blanket for a couple of seconds before he offered a small smile.
"Couldn't we just start over? I'd be glad to."

Alek smiled slightly, he really hadn't smiled much to the halfling but the beginning of a possible friendship made him feel... warm inside?
Honestly, Alek had no idea how to handle his mood swing towards Aspen. First, he had hated him with passion, and now, no matter how he searched for the familiar emotion, it was nowhere to be found. Alek felt a little lost, to be fair and Aspen suggesting to start over made him wonder what kind of emotion would take the hatred's place.
Then again, if Alek looked at Aspen, truly looked at him as he did now, the guy seemed kind and honest, probably loyal too and Alek realized he wanted a person like that by his side.
That gave him an idea. Without actually replying to anything Aspen had said, he spoke again.

"Would you like to come to hunt with us?" he asked, examining Aspen's eyes.

They were almost like his, only darker. When Alek allowed himself to study the other's features, it was too easy to keep going. Aspen's hair was long, it had been one of the first things Alek had noticed when they had first met in the woods, and even when it was tied up like now, it was beautiful. Having let go of his strong emotions, it was easy to admit it now. Another thing Alek had noticed was Aspen's height, the guy was ridiculously tall but it suited him and made him look... Alek couldn't really find a word for it, so he suddenly snapped back from his thoughts and inadvertently bit his bottom lip, much in the manner of his younger brother. With a slightly guilty look in his eyes, like being caught stealing candy, he looked up to the other again.

"What do you say?"

Aspen was quite intimidated by the change of Alek's attitude towards him, but even though he was kind of insecure about how to react, he smiled widely the second a smile crossed Alek's face.
If his hate had really subsided, if they really could start over...
This could be the start of something good. He wasn't even sure why the thought of the beginning of a friendship with him made him so happy, but it did. It was some kind of instinct, like the feeling that had made him come here to learn about the elves in the first place.
Did my mother have the same instincts?, he wondered. Maybe this was some kind of mage... Thing?

Alek's suggestion caught him off guard and did make him question his intentions for a moment. He couldn't help it, the guy had been quite the ass till now, so he intently wonder whether or not this was a trap. Was he trying to mSked him seem like some monster for just hunting animals in the forest? On the other hand it didn't really seem like everyone here was a vegetarian... And honestly he couldn't imagine Alek being that snaky.

He was staring at him.
Aspen averted his gaze while Alek was examining his features, a faint blush crossing his face. He knew he did look somewhat different from the other elves, his hair was thicker, more wavy, and he was too tall and broad to be of pure blood.

The guy just didn't stop staring at him-

He finally looked Alek back in the eye, with a questioning smile. "Sure, I'd love to. You just... Might have to teach me in using a bow first", he admitted with a small, awkward smile.
"How are you feeling, by the way? Do you need anything? Something to eat, perhaps?"

"I'm good..." Alek replied, smiling again, noticing how uncomfortable he seemed to have made Aspen feel.

The blush on the other's face made him feel more confident and before he knew it, he had promised to teach Aspen. Being able to fire an arrow took mainly some strength, aiming however needed more accuracy and knowledge of techniques. Archery was a topic that made Alek's eyes shining eagerly. His explanation was soon interrupted by a tough series of coughs and Alek hid his face into his cover, trying to calm himself. He was far from ready to hunt and it annoyed him. Tanel and Meriel would probably take over.

"We don't hunt much, only a deer every now and then", Alek spoke again. "And we always say a little prayer to thank the woods for feeding us", he continued, explaining that the elves never took more than they needed, and respect of nature was taught to them from the day they were born.

All of a sudden the idea of teaching the elven ways to the halfling felt exciting and something Alek was willing to do. He was, after all the best candidate to do anything of the sort and if he wanted Aspen to really learn, it would be best to do it himself. He looked at Aspen again, visibly curious.

Aspen listened fascinatedly. For the first time ever since he'd come here did Alek explain to him what elven life meant without sounding like he was close to homicide. He could finally listen without the frustration nagging him in the back of his head.

All through Alek's descriptions of how to use a bow and arrow he listened intently and with a curious look in his wide, sparkling eyes. Maybe, if Alek would like it, he could teach him how to use a bo staff in return.
But then he broke off as a coughing fit shook his body. Aspen felt quite helpless as he was left unable to help, only watching with a sorrowful face.

"I like how you think", he spoke softly when Alek had explained the hunting to him. It seemed just right to not take more than what was needed and show gratitude for what the forest and the animal they'd killed was giving them.
"Humans aren't like that... They flock cows and pigs together in too small pens and kill them in masses... Mostly for money..."
He sighed silently. It was kind of understandable why Alek thought of humans the way he did...
"I'm glad it's different here." a small chuckle rose from his chest. "Honestly? I'm starting to question so much that used to seem normal to me. Just because of you and these people here - but it feels good."

Meanwhile, a small group of five elves was moving through the forest, weaving through the ocean of trees towards the village.
Three of them looked exactly the same, fiery ginger hair, deep green eyes, pale skin and altogether rather on the smaller side of the spectrum. Two of the triplets were wearing light, leaf green armors with golden, intricate patterns that would have made them hard to spot between the greens of the forest, if it wasn't for their hair.
The third was clothed in a simple, white linen shirt and brown linen pants. What was really eye catching about his outfit was the enormous blue buckeye butterfly sitting on his back motionlessly. It was the heraldic animal of the Everlight Clan, a relatively small clan of elves living a walk of several weeks away. The fourth member of the group was holding hands with him- a gracile, black haired elven girl with shining golden eyes. They were discussing about herbs and their healing properties.

As they reached the border of the forest they stopped. The butterfly on the young elf's back moved as he turned his head to look at it.
"Cielo, please ask for permission to enter the village", he spoke softly and the huge butterfly took off to fly circles over the village. Among elves the Everlight Clan was known for their enormous Blue Buckeyes, animals they actively bred and tamed to serve as helpers in all kinds of ways. This particular one, Cielo, was trained to be the young alchemist's eyes and ears, a trusty companion to help him find herbs in the forest, a messenger, and a helper to carry his countless little bags of different ingredients and supplies.
Right now it was waiting to be recognized; a giant Blue Buckeye was a safe sign of Everlight elves being nearby.

Nooa had spent his morning gathering herbs for the baker, as he had requested. He roamed the woods around the village, picking up rosemary and thyme and whatever he could find, enjoying the outdoors and the beautiful weather. After delivering several bags, he was finally released from duty, and he headed back home. Mother was tending her roses again.
As Nooa entered the house and headed to the kitchen to grab something for Alek, his father surprised the boy by saying that Aspen was still in Alek's room. Hoping that there may have been some kind of bonding going on, Nooa decided to visit his brother later and headed back outside. For a moment he helped his mother by filling some watering cans until figured to go see Tanel or Meriel in the village.

Nooa couldn't help thinking about Alek and Aspen up in Alek's room. It seemed his brother had calmed down and Nooa really hoped they could all be friends. He realized his thoughts went in circles when it was about the two, so he shook his head and sighed. As he reached the village, he immediately spotted something blue hanging around the southern side of the village, by the path that led to the old tree. Nooa hurried closer and his eyes widened.

The sight of a beautiful blue butterfly made the elven boy sigh in awe and carefully he walked closer, trying not to scare it off. The butterfly didn't seem restless though, more like waiting for someone and as Nooa reached it, it fluttered closer and circled around Nooa. The boy had never seen a butterfly like that and he reached out his hand to touch it.

"Where did you come from...?" he whispered and the butterfly flew away, fluttering along the path and Nooa followed it.

Just then, after only a few minutes of walking, Nooa saw an elven group and how the butterfly landed on one of them's shoulder. Eyes widened he approached them with few steps.

"Um. Hello?"

"Ohh, Rue, look at that, isn't that a Muscari?"
"Idiot. That clearly is lavender!"
"It isn't, it's too green for lavender!"
"It's just a young plant, they take a while to lignify!"
"You're talking complete bullshit!"
Ruben sighed resignedly as his triplet brothers were arguing in the background whether the plant to their feet was Lavender or a Muscari. It was always the same with them, while Briar and Keiton were loudly bantering about trivialities, Ruben just kept his comments to himself.
"Rue!"
Now they both were staring at him, both their gazes clearly telling him to agree.
He sighed once again and threw a quick glance over his shoulder. "It's a Muscari."
Point for Briar. He wouldn't let Keiton forget that for the rest of the day.

Gracious God why do I have to be a triplet...

His gaze wandered to Autumn, his girlfriend, for a moment, who was planning the next few days with the fifth member of the group, an older elf named Tauron, second-in-command of the Everlight Clan's fighters.
She was beautiful, with her ebony black hair and shining golden eyes, but lately their relationship had been a little shallow. Maybe because he'd been focused on alchemy a little too much lately, maybe because she was as silent as him. He wasn't sure.

Cielo coming back distracted him from his thoughts and he immediately felt better when the huge butterfly settled with its legs around his shoulders again, looking somewhat like a cloak.

He smiled at the Willowood elf politely as he took a slight bow.
"Oh, hello Miss. We're from the Everlight Clan, from beyond the mountains. Our mages heard the wind whisper about the death of your only mage, so we came to express our condolences to your loss and offer our help in case the nearby human village is causing you trouble. These are four of our best fighters, my brothers Briar and Keiton, our fighters' second-in-command Tauron, and Autumn. And I am Ruben, alchemist and animal tamer. ...May I ask your name, Miss?"
It must have been quite the sight for the girl in front of him, three elven looking and sounding just the same. He just hoped Keiton and Briar wouldn't have fun tricking people by swapping places again...

Nooa's eyes jumped between the three identical elven boys... and his heart skipped a beat. He had never seen triplets but that wasn't the reason he was staring...
The butterfly was now sitting on this Ruben's shoulder. It looked like a cloak, Nooa noticed and smiled. And Ruben looked nice.. and... his heart seemed to skip another beat. Nervously Nooa bowed his head a little.

"I'm No-...." Nooa's voice faded away and he paused, still looking at the three boys. "Nora... I'm Nora"

Immediately he regretted his lie. Why would he even lie and pretend to be a girl?! But the boy thought he was one, so he just went with it. And it was a lie. And Nooa felt horrible.

"Uhh..." Nooa didn't know if he had to focus on his voice now, to make it sound like a girl more. But if he did, he'd continue the lie!

Completely stunned Nooa ended up just gesturing the group to follow him, leading them in front of the elder's house.

Nooa had never frozen like this before, he was confused and excited at the same time. Sure he had figured out a long time ago that he wouldn't end up married to a pretty girl from a nearby village, he just didn't see it happening for him. But this? Completely losing any chance for rational thoughts in front of.... a... three good-looking guys was definitely the lowest point of his life so far.

"I'll... call our elder here", Nooa mumbled, his face covered in pretty pink.

The triplets all exchanged slightly confused looks when the girl they had just met started to stutter and fumble for words. Had he said something wrong, Ruben wondered, but made sure to quickly follow her when she gestured for them to do so.
While Tauron was walking in silence as he almost always did -the guy wasn't much of a talker-, Autumn caught up to Ruben and held on to his arm, as if to demonstrate that he was hers.
He gave her a questioning glance, but she just glared holes into the back of Nora's head.

He sighed internally. It was another point that caused arguments between them... A little too often, in his opinion. She was quite jealous, and it was hard for him to deal with it. A little jealous, okay, but... She had a tendency to exaggerate, which was hard for him to handle. He was too caring to tell her to cut it, but also too ticked off by it to just be above it.

As Nora announced that she'd go call the elder, all three Sparrowsong boys tilted their heads to the left, looking equally confused by her obvious nervousness.
Ruben was the first to catch up and just flashed his typical calming smile at her that made him somewhat look like a kitten, as he nodded at her.
"Alright, thank you Nora", he said, somewhere between politely and encouragingly, while Autumn had let go of him by now and had settled for glaring holes again, this time into the back of his head.
Briar and Keiton were exchanging another glance before Keiton engaged her in a conversation to make her stop her death glaring.

Nooa quickly knocked on the door and disappeared inside after getting a reply from Belanor. Just as quickly he told the elder about the visitors outside and that he really, really had to go! He exited the house together with Belanor and as the elder greeted the guests, Nooa only waved his hand and rushed towards home. Aspen should still be there! Normally Nooa would've gone to his brother, but in this case, his new friend was probably a better option.

As soon as he reached the Silverwind house, Nooa stormed in and upstairs, barely knocking on Alek's door.

"Aspen! I really really need you!" Nooa exhaled and gestured him to come outside. "I did something stupid!"

It felt good to be outside. After the heavy rain at Aspenvale house, the elder had felt under the weather for quite some time. He was getting old, even if he did not want o to admit such a nuisance.
With great interest he looked at the five elves, immediately recognizing the blue butterfly, and a smile spread across his face. It had been a long time since Willowood received guests from Everlight. The last time was probably before the war broke out.

"Come in, come in, I am Belanor Whiteoak", he welcomed the five and held the door to his house open.

Once inside, the elder re-arranged the chairs into a half circle so they could talk. Before rushing off, Nooa had briefly explained why the Everlight elves were here. The boy's behavior was odd, Belanor thought, but maybe he had his reasons.

"I am in an understanding that you are here to help us", Belanor started and let his gaze meet with everyone.

Aspen had just been listening to Alek's explanations about elven traditions when all of a sudden Nooa came bursting into the room like the devil himself was after him.
What the-
HHe blinked a couple of times while he was trying to figure out what was going on...
And then he noticed how red the boy.
The smallest of grins crept across his face. Was this about something related to the boy having met someone? It was hard to imagine, the village was relatively small so he probably would've noticed it before, or not?

Whatever. It wasn't really important right now, not with Nooa basically panicking and begging for a talk.

So he quickly got up from Alek's bedside, gave his new... What, friend? A small smile and promised to come back and soak the cloth with some fresh, cool water right after his talk with Nooa.

After he'd followed the boy outside he suggested to sit by the sea while they'd talk, to give the boy a chance to calm down a little.
"Alright, how can I help you?", he asked calmly.

Altought Tauron was the oldest member of the Everlight group he remained silent and left the talking to the others.
And as Autumn had settled for a huffy silence, the three Sparrowsong brothers were left to explain.
Ruben had to admit, when it was really necessary Briar and Keiton did know how to behave.

"That's pretty much the gist of it, yes", Briar started, just for Kieron to speak on.
"The mages of our clan told us how the wind was whispering about the death of your only mage."
"-...our heartfelt condolences-"
"And as we know how nearby the human village is we figured they might be causing trouble."

Ruben nodded at his brothers' explanations.
"Exactly. That's why we came, to see if you might need our help. As far as I know our clans used to be close allies, so of course we got worried for you all with news like that..."

Last edited:
Belanor's smile got warmer as he listened, years ago the two clans used to come together at least twice a year to share stories and resources, and for relationships too.
He remembered it so vividly, it was hard to understand it had been over twenty years. There was no bad blood, the Willowoods had just become withdrawn after their heavy losses in the war.
For a moment he reminisced in the past before snapped back to the present. The loss of Lennara Aspenvale, who was supposed to become the next mage, had been devastating and the death of her mother, as expectable as it was, the elder had felt powerless. He paused for a moment, looking at the three brothers before continuing how just about a week or two ago the village had received a guest too. A young man who quickly turned out to be the heir of the Aspenvale lineage. The boy had magic in him but no one to guide him really, as the only thing left of his family were the books in the old mage's house.

"Ahh, but let's get you settled, hmm?" the elder then suggested and stood up, taking few careful steps towards the door.

Once outside the elder gave a quick tour of the village by pointing his finger in several directions while explaining what was there. Finally, he pointed to the inn, where he would next take his guests. He started walking. It was slow and looked like it took a great effort to move a foot ahead of another.

"Let's get you some rooms here, you can stay as long as you like", he spoke huffing and entered the building.

Belanor exchanged a few words with Mr. Farsight, the innkeeper, and then introduced the Everlight elves.

Lake Serene wasn't named as it was for nothing. Only the view of the serene surface calmed Nooa and as they sat down on the ground, he felt like he could finally review what he had done. He turned to look at Aspen.

"Some elves from Everlight clan came to the village just a while ago, I was there greeting them...", Nooa started.

The pink on his face returned, visiting every possible shade as he spoke how one of them had mistaken him for a girl... and how he had introduced himself as... Nora. Nooa buried his face in his hands and shook his head furiously. How could he be so stupid!

"I mean, I'm pretty sure I like boys", Nooa blurted, the chance of Aspen's possibly negative reaction didn't even cross his mind. "But there were three of them! THREE! I panicked!" he cried out, cursing his actions.

How could he possibly keep lying? Or how could he possibly tell them the truth now without making a complete idiot of himself now! Desperately Nooa looked at Aspen like the older boy could give him his answers.

"What do I do now?" he whined.

Last edited:
The Sparrowsong triplets exchanged worried looks upon realizing just how old Belanor had become. It seemed straining for him to even walk, and while they all would have liked to offer an arm for support they didn't want to come off as rude by making it seem like they were calling the elder weak.

"If you'd like I could perhaps send Cielo back with a message to ask one of our mages to come over", Ruben offered while the butterfly on his back already spread its wings and made it look like he was a fairy with wings, not an elf.
"We were lucky to live beyond the mountains; the humans barely dared to cross them, and the few that did were weakened from the travel and easy to fight back. The magic is still strong in our blood, we have enough mages in our village to ask one of them to come over to teach him."

After Belanor had introduced them to Mr.Farsight the innkeeper, the Everlight elves all took a slight bow in the old, traditional way. Legend had it that the clans all had the same ancestors, the Lightforged Elves of the Summerset Isles. One by one, small groups of them had left to explore the world and settled in new places, developed new traditions and customs. The Everlight elves had been one of the last clans to split from the Lightforged, so many of their customs were still very traditional.

"Good day, Mister Farsight", Rue spoke up before he turned to his brothers, girlfriend and their silent as the grave companion Tauron.
"If you don't mind, I'd like to go see the bakery. The travel has left me quite peckish."
Oh what a wonder, he thought, that his brothers immediately ordered him to bring something for them. He just was glad that they didn't want to come along. Being a triplet was fun, most of the time, but the constant company sometimes was a little too much.

Aspen bit his lip as he kept a silent chuckle in. He couldn't help it, Nooa just had a way of being adorable that made him brim with joy.
Had he known about his own sexuality, and hadn't he been eight years older, maybe he would've acted like Nooa did, about Nooa though. But he was older, and he had no clue who or what he liked, never thought about it really, so it didn't even cross his mind. The boy was more of a little brother for him.

And so he couldn't help the small grin creeping across his face as he raised one eyebrow at the boy.
"So there are three good looking boys out there that made you lose your nerve a little", he concluded what Nooa had told him.
"For what exactly do you want my advice now, the thing with 'Nora' or what to do with them now? Either way -"

He flopped down to lie on the grass as he watched the clouds float by, arms crossed behind his back.
"I think I'd just tell them that you're Nooa, not Nora, next time you see them and explain that you didn't want to make them feel embarrassed by telling them they made a misassumption regarding your gender. I don't think they'd question that, it just makes sense..."

Then he turned his head to smile at Nooa encouragingly before he sat up a little to lean on his elbows so he could look at the boy better.
"Regarding those boys- whatever you feel is okay. If you want to get to know them a little better, do it. If you start to develop feelings for one of them, so be it. If you end up finding out that the guy you like shares your sexual orientation, hey great, go for it, of he's a good guy. You're clever, you're helpful... You're a good looking young man. They'd be stupid to not like you. Of course you might possibly get hurt, the question is whether or not the possible result is worth the possible risk. And that's something only you can decide, bud."

Nooa listened to Aspen's words, smiling slightly awkwardly as the other seemed to miss the point.

"It's not an issue for me to like boys. I mean, me being with a girl would be just silly", Nooa explained.
"I'm one-hundred percent confident about that."

But he had told a lie, even if it was by accident, and it really bothered him. Aspen's idea for the explanation sounded good though, and Nooa figured he could use it. He collected his thought for a moment and smiled then.

"Another matter... What is going on in Alek's room!?" he grinned widely.

The Willowood clan had never really been a clan with magic. They were archers, hunters, and farmers who lived simple lives. As far As Belanor could remember, only the Aspenvale family had been in touch with the said arts and only because the non-magical parent would marry a magical one from another clan. Any help from the Everlight clan would be appreciated, Belanor admitted.

"I should have you meet the leader of our scouts, Aleksios", he said. "As soon as he recovers from his fever", he then added.

The innkeeper browsed his papers, finally deciding the rooms for the five, and directed them up the stairs and to the left; the rooms were ready to use any time they wanted.
Belanor sat down on a stool, resting his aching feet and back. Aleksios could help them with whatever questions they had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back