Experiences What was your worst roleplay experience?

I was in pony town, hosting a yandere rp (which is suprisingly hard) and while I'm trying to answer everyones questions about the rp, which is already stressful enough for me, this random guy is insulting me. It got to the point where I was just done and endded it right there and then.

Alright so ive been around the block with a lot of different types of Roleplays, and ive encountered a ton of annoying/really weird things in my time. And i really never shared this story as i was like, 11 at the time and didn't realize what was happening. (My parents...Never monitored my computer time or web browsing when i was really little, they just set me infront of the computer and let me go. I never told them this until it was about 7-8 years too late.)

Trigger warning, folks. This story goes from 0-100 real quick.

But when i was young i joined a My little Pony web forum, similar to this one. It had a roleplay section and everything, but also a live chat.
I met some really interesting people there, but never talk to anymore. And they all understood i was really young due to obvious reasons (No cussing, asking about certain topics, etc.) but since i never gave them my direct age they couldn't do anything about me being underage...But nonetheless they watched what they were talking about around me, which to this day i still appriciate that they tried to protect my innocence.

I was in contact with a group of them for like, 2 years, eventually the forum died and got shut down and we moved to skype. (Anyone remember that?)
There was this...One guy from the group however, i cant remember his username but he would commonly talk to me in DMs. I belive he was in his mid-20s at the time, while i was 13. Again, since he was from that group he was fully aware i was a child.

Everything was ok at first from what i recall, but then he started trying to coax me into roleplays, which i happily complied to because i liked roleplaying as my unicorn character, MidnightRose. (Whom i never use now because of this event.) These roleplays lasted for a few months, it was innocent at first, and then out of the blue he forced his character to be shipped with mine, which should've been the first red flag. I was already uncomfortable with the thought of shipping, but again, he was my "friend" and so i complied.
This is around the time he started trying to get me to cut off the others because he didn't like them. He had some weird fallout with some of them, i dont remember the details but either way his "convincing" didn't work and he got slightly upset with me about it. We continued roleplaying for a few weeks until he started talking about wanting my character to have his characters child. And being the 13 year old i was, i was easily guilt tripped into a 18+ roleplay that went from 0-100 in the first two replies. Thankfully i somehow managed to gather the courage to ask him to skip it, and he complied.

I dont recall much of what happened after that, but i sorta fell outta skype the following few months because of this event and never went back to it.
Thankfully the guy wasn't able to follow me on other platforms, and sadly as i stated earlier i never told anyone about this till it was farrr to late and i was mature enough to realize what he had done to me.

The only warning i can give to parents and future parents? Watch closely as to what your child is doing on the internet. Its not a way to keep your kid pre-occupied, and its certainly not a babysitter. There are really weird people out there that will take advantage of your kid and you wont ever realize it until its too late.

Ooh i got two new ones haha, both from pony town. The first one, I was hosting a bee rp, because why not, i was brave that day. NOT BRAVE ENOUGH. There was a role that was king/queen bee. Well that got taken and I went to get more people, will i came back and someone is trying to take the role from the person that is king. Then everyone else is backing this chick up, asking how we're sup pous to get kid bees if there is only a king. I tell them, we are literally flying horses dressed as bees and it doesn't have to make since. Then they come up with the idea of the king and queen 'mating' to make kids, which I said this was on the safe server and i do not want bees doing the tango in my rp. 'oh no, he can just boop me and then we'll have kids.' And i'm like, uh no. If every time you got bopped i had to get another person to rp, i couldn't be able to handle it. They kept throwing a fit and I endded up leaving in frustration.

The second one I wasn't hosting a rp because i'm done, and we get to build our houses in this one. Will i start building and this guy decide my house I've started building is his now and keeps changing it! I try to tell the host but they tell me to ask him to stop. Guess what, he doesn't. Best part, the host leaves once she tells me to ask him so now I'm having to deal with this guy. I left. I couldn't handle it. I was done.

omg i have a story
i had this "friend" on amino (he declared himself as my BEST friend bc i treated him with basic human decency since i dont want problems. we were most certainly not best friends.) and he wanted my oc to be in a relationship with his oc, so i agreed as a result of his constant unending insistence. it was fine at first ig??? but since my oc was underdeveloped as hell i never rlly knew what to put and it was rlly boring. and for some reason started making things mildly sexual.... like he gave his oc the ability to enlarge her boobies and stuff and it was just rlly strange. mind you this was in a public amino chat!
then he invited me into a private chat so we could do a sleepover rp. at this point i knew what he wanted from me so i skipped out lol

he was later banned for being generally rude, arguing, really edgy, and arguing with EVERYONE. absolutely horrible

(one last thing : he forced my friend into a rp where her character was sexually assaulted by his character. i found out about this much later and its rlly disgusting.)

We met through Facebook through our mutual interest in Hetalia and Saiyuki. She said she puts herself in her characters. I didn’t see anything wrong with that but that should’ve been a red flag. Things were going well until I started talking to other people that’s when she started to show her crazy and abusive side. She assumes I’m having sexual relations with them every time. I got rid of as she started getting worse.

I have two contenders:

1. It had a pretty average premise and it seemed easy to get into. Surprise, every character has god-like status and refuses to die. I'd write several sentences describing attacks, as logical as I could, just for them to respond "*dodges.*"

2. I once joined an amino server, zombie apocalyspe themed. First-timer roleplayer, instantly greeted with torture. Perma-death server, too.

I got into a lot of roleplays on Discord that always ended the same – creepy people asking for nudes or personal information. Often enough, they try to sneak some kind of NSFW stuff into the roleplay (unnecessarily) and then try to somehow get you (the player) excited as well and it often felt like they just wanted someone to do 'sexting' with.
Main reason why I left Discord a while ago. And stopped engaging with partners that want to switch to Discord from other sites like Reddit.

Other bad experiences include:
  • Constant bumping. I went to do the dishes and came back to 10 messages from this person asking when I would finally reply. I said I went to do the dishes, they replied with "Ok". Later, I went to take a shower which took me about 30 minutes before I went back on my phone... another 5 messages.
  • God-modding or overpowered characters. I usually stop these roleplays before they even start – as soon as I see the character sheet. But not everyone has one, so I ended up in a few situations where the other character was simply invincible and the roleplay was not fun at all. These people often seem to be the ones that spam you with messages as well, trying to get you to reply. Or you tell them you aren't feeling the roleplay and still try to convince you that you are the issue.

I got into a lot of roleplays on Discord that always ended the same – creepy people asking for nudes or personal information. Often enough, they try to sneak some kind of NSFW stuff into the roleplay (unnecessarily) and then try to somehow get you (the player) excited as well and it often felt like they just wanted someone to do 'sexting' with.
Main reason why I left Discord a while ago. And stopped engaging with partners that want to switch to Discord from other sites like Reddit.

Other bad experiences include:
  • Constant bumping. I went to do the dishes and came back to 10 messages from this person asking when I would finally reply. I said I went to do the dishes, they replied with "Ok". Later, I went to take a shower which took me about 30 minutes before I went back on my phone... another 5 messages.
  • God-modding or overpowered characters. I usually stop these roleplays before they even start – as soon as I see the character sheet. But not everyone has one, so I ended up in a few situations where the other character was simply invincible and the roleplay was not fun at all. These people often seem to be the ones that spam you with messages as well, trying to get you to reply. Or you tell them you aren't feeling the roleplay and still try to convince you that you are the issue.
THIS. God-modding is like that one kid that says "NUH-UH! I HAVE A SHIELD THAT'S FIRE PROOF!"

The other person, for no apparent reason and without discussing it with me, wrote half of their posts in a foreign language that I do not speak. And that was the tamest thing about it...

Once I was in this 1x1 rp with a guy, and it was an action fantasy type of thing.
At first his characters abilities were a secret which was weird but I shrugged it off.
Man's got 5.000 powers and is a god, to even it out my character had to have regeneration.
His character casted 'no cheat' because apparently my character was cheating with his regeneration, even though his could tear apart the universe.
I got upset because now my character is just some guy.
So before I got banned I went:
"Fine, if you want it that way then bam, he's dead".

Bonus, I managed to perusade the people in that said rp with him to leave. They did, and decided for themselves to not allow him to join theirs anytime soon.
I think that was nice

Also to show how bad it was, the guy banned a person whos character had the ability teleportation because 'it makes him immortal'
(The guys character was actually immortal, I wish I was joking)

One of the worst RP experiences I had was on Wattpad. It was a 1x1 RP, and this person was looking for a smut RP. I'm alright with them, just as long as it doesn't get out of hand, and no weird or gross fetishes were involved.
Low-and-behold, it got out of hand.
The person constantly badgered me to keep replying, and if I didn't for a single day, they accused me of ghosting them. The heckling got so bad that at one point they threatened to take screenshots of the RP and post the images in a book before tagging all my Wattpad friends to it. At that point I was very much keeping the fact that I do smut RPs on the down-low, and was mortified. Soon, their account was deleted. I assume they got reported by another RPer, presumably for also getting low-key blackmailed.

Also, there was one time someone asked me to do a scat/piss/fart kink RP with them.

This is why I don't do smut RPs on Wattpad anymore

One of the worst RP experiences I had was on Wattpad. It was a 1x1 RP, and this person was looking for a smut RP. I'm alright with them, just as long as it doesn't get out of hand, and no weird or gross fetishes were involved.
Low-and-behold, it got out of hand.
The person constantly badgered me to keep replying, and if I didn't for a single day, they accused me of ghosting them. The heckling got so bad that at one point they threatened to take screenshots of the RP and post the images in a book before tagging all my Wattpad friends to it. At that point I was very much keeping the fact that I do smut RPs on the down-low, and was mortified. Soon, their account was deleted. I assume they got reported by another RPer, presumably for also getting low-key blackmailed.

Also, there was one time someone asked me to do a scat/piss/fart kink RP with them.

This is why I don't do smut RPs on Wattpad anymore
I do not know why people with out there fetishes have absolutely  no sense of decency. -_- Like, do you think I  want to be propositioned for that? Isn't it, I don't know,  polite to check if you're both wanting to do such things before you ask??

Reminds me of this one time someone surprised me with age-play. >->; Idk what's wrong with these people.

My worst rp was my first ever one. I’d started on roleplay.cloud and as I made my first rp, 2 people joined, then, out of the blue, they took over the rp, any time I tried to add to the rp, they’d do something to get rid of my character or ignore me. And then, even though it was against the TOS, they turned the rp sexual. I got the worst people my first rp. Fun.

I do not know why people with out there fetishes have absolutely  no sense of decency. -_- Like, do you think I  want to be propositioned for that? Isn't it, I don't know,  polite to check if you're both wanting to do such things before you ask??

Reminds me of this one time someone surprised me with age-play. >->; Idk what's wrong with these people.
Age play is borderline criminal to me.

For real. Like, just because I allow smut in my RPs doesn't mean you can do that. I clearly stated in my RP book that I wasn't okay with these kinds of fetishes. It grosses me out.

My worst rp was my first ever one. I’d started on roleplay.cloud and as I made my first rp, 2 people joined, then, out of the blue, they took over the rp, any time I tried to add to the rp, they’d do something to get rid of my character or ignore me. And then, even though it was against the TOS, they turned the rp sexual. I got the worst people my first rp. Fun.
I know right?? Like, you can't just join an RP then force THE LEGIT CREATOR to scrooch out of the way so they can cyber screw. What a bunch of a-holes.

I was on a post-apoc (Metro 2033) RP with my friend, then this guy comes out of nowhere with an automatic weapon, forces my friend's char (at gunpoint) to sodomize my char, then gets banned.

Awful, they should've just gone private.

I was on a post-apoc (Metro 2033) RP with my friend, then this guy comes out of nowhere with an automatic weapon, forces my friend's char (at gunpoint) to sodomize my char, then gets banned.
At gunpoint??? Were they memeing or were they for real? Doesn't make a difference either way, it's still weird, but still.

See, that's the thing with post-apoc rps. Either they're pretty fun and have excellent moments or everyone is just an edgelord who thinks they're a "moral nihilist."

Had someone I wrote with allegedly fake their death to come back to the community as another user. Tried to write with me again.

Had someone I wrote with allegedly fake their death to come back to the community as another user. Tried to write with me again.
This has to take the cake of weirdest thing I have ever had to read in my notifications. Part of me wants more elaboration behind this and part of me is too scared to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back