Experiences What was your worst roleplay experience?

I have an old one and a recent one. The old one I had set up a fantasy setting with a tyrant king who was oppressive with his rules for all the species in the kingdom. Someone joined and basically created some demi-god character (which wasn't what they sent me) and was just interacting with everyone all at once. I gave a warning to stop and that they could start fresh and instead was ripped a new one.

I also consistently have a problem where when I world build hard for an rp (factions, groups, locations), people will try to force all of their own ideas into an rp that will change the shape or tone of it, or even the overall antagonist and what not.

Another rp (a zombie rp) I had a faction of junkie cultists and there was a faction of old school military veterans and soldiers. Someone joined as a high ranking junkie and their very first post they were storming the main base of the military faction and had it where they were winning/not dying from the bullets because of the drugs (it became a giant drama when i confronted him)

Recently I rebooted that zombie rp on another site and someone made a leader role thats super overly sexual so that they could get into another character's pants ASAP and have it "make sense".

I have an old one and a recent one. The old one I had set up a fantasy setting with a tyrant king who was oppressive with his rules for all the species in the kingdom. Someone joined and basically created some demi-god character (which wasn't what they sent me) and was just interacting with everyone all at once. I gave a warning to stop and that they could start fresh and instead was ripped a new one.

I also consistently have a problem where when I world build hard for an rp (factions, groups, locations), people will try to force all of their own ideas into an rp that will change the shape or tone of it, or even the overall antagonist and what not.

Another rp (a zombie rp) I had a faction of junkie cultists and there was a faction of old school military veterans and soldiers. Someone joined as a high ranking junkie and their very first post they were storming the main base of the military faction and had it where they were winning/not dying from the bullets because of the drugs (it became a giant drama when i confronted him)

Recently I rebooted that zombie rp on another site and someone made a leader role thats super overly sexual so that they could get into another character's pants ASAP and have it "make sense".
Drugs cannot save you from a grenade landing at your feet. Unless it gives you steel skin and bones, a grenade will still kill you, as will about a hundred bullets

Drugs cannot save you from a grenade landing at your feet. Unless it gives you steel skin and bones, a grenade will still kill you, as will about a hundred bullets
That's what I said. .50 cal rounds are still ripping some druggie with a bat apart. Alas I came back to this site to try and reboot it AGAIN XD

So one time I was doing an rp with this dude, he knew I wasn’t straight and he kept telling me to not have any gay shit in it so I respected his wishes... BUT THEN THIS DUDE SAID “You should have your character r*pe mine.”

Excuse me, what the fuck!?

i said no, because that’s horrible and I wouldn’t want that happening.

and THEN he WROTE MY CHARACTER INTO R*PING HIS

HE LITERALLY TOOK CONTROL OF MY CHARACTER AND DID THIS

I blocked him and left that rp site.

So one time I was doing an rp with this dude, he knew I wasn’t straight and he kept telling me to not have any gay shit in it so I respected his wishes... BUT THEN THIS DUDE SAID “You should have your character r*pe mine.”

Excuse me, what the fuck!?

i said no, because that’s horrible and I wouldn’t want that happening.

and THEN he WROTE MY CHARACTER INTO R*PING HIS

HE LITERALLY TOOK CONTROL OF MY CHARACTER AND DID THIS

I blocked him and left that rp site.
W H A T

T H E

F U C K

I don’t know! Why would someone even ask that?

honestly seems like he was trying to set up a gotcha moment. If he wasn’t down with “gay shit” he might have been trying to “trick” you into promoting sexual assault.

And then use it as some kind of gotcha (either with you or with his friends).

seems like you dodged a bullet by running far and fast.

Wow, sounds awful.

My worst one was in a pretty cool story idea, which I won't talk about. My character was in his cell, boring himself and waited anxiously until he could get out go to the courtyard. I think I wrote something like "Man, can't it be *time* already?".
Her character? Apparently could move around FREELY (which we did not agree on!) and fucking BUSTED OPEN THE CELL DOOR OF MY CHARACTER. And her moving around freely did not alert any god damn guards. Wtf. I think it took me a few mins to understand what just happened.
Be happy thats your worse experience lol

Nah mine was just playing in a super hero table top and being nagged by a fellow autist about how I shouldve built my guy into being minmaxed, even though I just wanted to rp in the game

Edit: I thought you were asking me for mine lol.

Oh man, okay. So I accepted a 1x1 request from someone based on a couple elements they saw in my then recruitment thread.

The basic plotting stage seemed pretty straightforward, no red flags to speak of in our first interactions, my character was a human healer, hers was a mermaid that had been captured by bandits or something like that (this was awhile ago) and I was going to help her return to her people.

Again, pretty straightforward, I honestly don't remember any awkwardness in the initial conversation. So we start the RP and as soon as our characters meet she reveals that her character is sick (which, okay, we didn't talk about that, but my character is a healer, so why not). Suddenly the RP becomes one of those choose your own adventure scenarios where she would post something that was happening to her character and then ask me "what do you do?" with no indication of what options I have or anything. It came out of the blue. So I make the "wrong choices" and her character dies like, a handful of posts in and despite my trying to adapt what I was doing to somehow salvage this sudden weird turn she keeps insisting that nothing I do works and she is dead.

Then she turns into a strange angel with a belly-button ring (no joke, I still remember this detail) and starts floating to heaven and she's still asking "what do you do?"

At this point I was like, "what should I do?" because the whole scenario had become so bizarre and she tells me my character is supposed to kiss the belly button ring.

I had been trying hard to be accommodating up until this point, but I started to feel like this had to just be some kind of very specific story craving this person had that she hadn't really cleared with me at the start. I almost never say that I want to quit an RP once I start one, but I finally had to be like: "I'm sorry, this just isn't something I feel like I can finish playing."

Truly strange experience. Nowadays I ask for writing samples before I accept requests, because I don't want to make people feel bad by quitting midway through a game.

Oh man, okay. So I accepted a 1x1 request from someone based on a couple elements they saw in my then recruitment thread.

The basic plotting stage seemed pretty straightforward, no red flags to speak of in our first interactions, my character was a human healer, hers was a mermaid that had been captured by bandits or something like that (this was awhile ago) and I was going to help her return to her people.

Again, pretty straightforward, I honestly don't remember any awkwardness in the initial conversation. So we start the RP and as soon as our characters meet she reveals that her character is sick (which, okay, we didn't talk about that, but my character is a healer, so why not). Suddenly the RP becomes one of those choose your own adventure scenarios where she would post something that was happening to her character and then ask me "what do you do?" with no indication of what options I have or anything. It came out of the blue. So I make the "wrong choices" and her character dies like, a handful of posts in and despite my trying to adapt what I was doing to somehow salvage this sudden weird turn she keeps insisting that nothing I do works and she is dead.

Then she turns into a strange angel with a belly-button ring (no joke, I still remember this detail) and starts floating to heaven and she's still asking "what do you do?"

At this point I was like, "what should I do?" because the whole scenario had become so bizarre and she tells me my character is supposed to kiss the belly button ring.

I had been trying hard to be accommodating up until this point, but I started to feel like this had to just be some kind of very specific story craving this person had that she hadn't really cleared with me at the start. I almost never say that I want to quit an RP once I start one, but I finally had to be like: "I'm sorry, this just isn't something I feel like I can finish playing."

Truly strange experience. Nowadays I ask for writing samples before I accept requests, because I don't want to make people feel bad by quitting midway through a game.

I--

What?

That is like a fever dream. I legit think I had a fever dream like that before.

I--

What?

That is like a fever dream. I legit think I had a fever dream like that before.

It honestly felt like that. And, understand, it went from like 0 to 100 within the first page of the RP. None of the choose your own adventure, sudden death, angel, belly button kissing was discussed anywhere before we started.

Edit: I feel bad, because I don't want to make fun of this person. They were ultimately just sort of awkward and they were upset that I quit, but I just didn't want to waste either of our time.

A while back, the GM for an rp I was in kicked a guy out for being an asshole, only for the guy in question to reply "no" and continuing to post in the rp thread as if nothing had happened (which admittedly was pretty funny).

When we brought it up to admins to see if they could get him to stop they said something along the lines about how there technically wasn't any rules against posting in whatever threads you wanted and refused to do anything about it.

A while back, the GM for an rp I was in kicked a guy out for being an asshole, only for the guy in question to reply "no" and continuing to post in the rp thread as if nothing had happened (which admittedly was pretty funny).

When we brought it up to admins to see if they could get him to stop they said something along the lines about how there technically wasn't any rules against posting in whatever threads you wanted and refused to do anything about it.
That's bullshit

I don’t know! Why would someone even ask that?

Rape is a very common fantasy that is why they would ask that; and its a very normal fantasy to have.

However, what they did was horribly wrong and inexcusable you do not force that onto someone. I've had characters raped against my will as the player, they controlled my character too and did some horrible things. I don't knock rape fantasies I've totally roleplayed out my fair share, but that all requires consent and if your partner says NO you do not write it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back