Experiences What was your worst roleplay experience?

Honestly... I have a few to be honest.

One: A guy I was roleplaying with objectified my character. He wanted to do graphic erotic Roleplay with me even though I was around... 14 years old at the time. And he told me that my character needs to be dumb and sex-driven with nothing else on her mind. He went straight into the smut Roleplay and he went into erotic detail of what was happening to my character. Now, I was already scared and unnerved but this sealed the deal. I left the Roleplay and I immediately blocked him so he couldn’t contact me and I changed my username to be on the safer side of things.

Two: Okay, this guy is like the first guy but worse. He wanted my character to have huge breasts and he was playing around 4 male characters. I was playing a female character and this was supposed to be a Roleplay about mafia and undercover detective. His characters violently and simultaneously raped my character over and over. It went on for pages and pages of just straight smut. I didn’t want to continue the Roleplay but I did continue it unwillingly. This was because I feared what he would say if I told him that I didn’t like this. This was a site where a person you block can tell a moderator that they have been wrongly blocked by you and the moderator would tell you to unblock them. So, I did not block him. The rape of my character went on and on until I finally dropped the Roleplay and told him not to bother me ever again.

Three: On a more lighter note, this person was just so pushy and impatient. I couldn’t eat dinner, take a shower, sleep, read, watch tv, and so on without this person bumping the Roleplay every thirty minutes. I would tell them that I’m doing something that’ll prevent me from replying instantly and they said “Ok.” So, I thought the bumping was over. Nope. Even after that, they bumped me and urged me to stop what I was doing to type up a reply. It stressed me out so I had said: “Please don’t bump me. I’ll have to drop the Roleplay if you do.” and they just responded with “....” so I basically left that Roleplay.

Yeah, those are the three that stand out to me the most. Most of my experiences have been really pleasant and sweet.

I used to be friends with this guy on Google+. We were roleplaying and, being a depressed teenager who was a literate writer, I told him I wasn't interested in continuing because it was not only emotionally taxing, his writing was boring and I wasn't clicking with the roleplay (didn't say this to him -- just told him I was disinterested). This guy goes bananas and makes a rant on me, which people in the community also hopped on board and talked horribly about me and how much time I waste for them. Now, imagine you're me: you're 13-15, depressed because of a traumatic experience you wouldn't stop going through until a few years later, watching people hate on you as you desperately try to tell older teenagers and adults why you can't keep up with them because of this. Not only this, but it was always on me to start roleplays, so while I did waste their time in some ways, it was mostly myself wasting my writing ability for something that was my escape only mentally taxing me in the end.

I'm also currently friends with someone who was the only one to defend me in that situation, however his topics are...very dark. He was especially interested in roleplaying
rape and abuse
. I don't roleplay with him for that reason anymore, we barely talk, but I don't know.

If I had kids, I would never let them roleplay online based on the experiences in this thread alone. D: Or like, hopefully have a good enough relationship with them that they would come tell me immediately if something creepy happened. I am genuinely horrified for all of you.

Worst experience?

I can think of two.

One was certainly when someone decided they had a crush on me and thus continuously sent me inappropriate images and questions pertaining to what type of inappropriate photos they hoped I had on my phone. It made me massively uncomfortable and even more so when they would put my character into odd sexual situations to the point where both of them (I played a man and woman) were violently raped. I rather quickly blocked and reported this individual. This was on a different site and I am happy to at I have never seen anything quite this bad here.

My second experience is a little less extreme but it was more mentally taxing for me. It started out fine, though looking back I suppose there were red flags at the beginning. It all lasted about a year maybe two, if forget, but they were definitely the most... demanding partner I had ever had. Very picky and particular, they got upset if my characters did not act the exact way they wanted them to. They also tended to get upset if a particular scene did not go how they desired and while they always claimed I had full control of my own characters, they pretty much would demand all of them act the way they wanted them to or else they would get upset.

It got frustrating as it was very much "rules for thee and none for me" as they hogged all the character spotlight and got upset if I ever did anything that slightly pushed my characters into the lime light and would accuse me of being unfair and "just doing things to start drama" even though I was just trying to get my characters to be more of main characters in the story. They would also guilt trip me if I said anything about things I don't like. I was not allowed to be unhappy with the way the RP went. It got so mentally taxing I had to end it. And after they basically mocked and slandered me for not working out with them and had the gal to call me "inherently a dick" when they had spent the entire day mocking me, I decided to end the friendship entirely since they obviously never actually treated me as such.

But other than those two, people have been really great to me so I really don't have many complaints on RP sites haha.
Oh boy, time to report a federal crime called: Cyber Sexual Harassment *cracks knuckles and begins to type police report at 5,432 wpm while listening to Slav Har bass*

This RPer I had a falling out with plagiarized my Christmas event (BBCode and all) from my superhero RP and presented it as her own to the GM of a cyberpunk RP she had joined a few months after my RP shut down (partly due to drama between me and her). Bonus points - there were two other RPers from the superhero thread who had also joined the cyberpunk thread, so they knew damn well where that prompts came from.

Anyways, Holly, if you're out there, you had no fucking right to play with my feelings like that, and fuck you for stealing my Christmas prompts.

Mine was on facebook doing a Slayers rp with someone who's Spanish it was going all fine and well until the admin of that spanish group decided to attack and scream at me through facebook messages causing me to have an anxiety attack and get an upset stomach from her nasty message.

I guess the worst ever experience in RP I have ever been in was when I was 16. I was RPing with my best friend at the time who decided to literally have all of her characters have something tragic about them. My characters were normal Mary Sues, while hers were more Tragic Sues than anything else. If I made a list of all the tragic things she had her characters go through, a trigger warning would be an understatement. While it was okay to portray a few characters with tragic backstories or situations, she had depression which made her want to project her problems and horrible situations onto these characters.

I asked her kindly if all of her characters had to have something similar to her issues or have downright horrible problems (she had 20 characters because we ended up making so many characters so that nobody was left without a romantic partner). She said that it helped her get over it. Problem is, she had the kind of depression she had to take medicine for, so I highly doubted that. Maybe for a day, but after the RP is over and when I'm gone, she slips back to it again.

I loved her to death at the time, but it was just too much to keep RPing and it got me depressed too. We ended up having a falling out over me going to the theaters with my boyfriend and his friend at the time, and she blew up about it and thought I was abandoning her and betraying her because she couldn't go due to the friend's mother coming along and enjoying the Marvel movie with us (it was Captain America Civil War I think).

So yea, that was fun. Haven't talked to her since. While some of the RP was enjoyable, there was just too much depressive stuff happening and it destroyed any enjoyment I had.

someone on this site straight up asked if they could play their neo-n*zi against my queer black character, and then didn't seem to understand why i took issue with that.

Lets just say this: i was on a different rp site and a boy/man wanted to do a VERY sexual rp like no content just sex. Keep in mind im 14 right now and i was like 12 or 13 at the time and this guy said he was 19. I did it and i regretted it deeply i had to spend a whole 4 lunch breaks going back and deleting his and my shit. YUCK!
Number 2. I was on the same website where the last story happened where this very POPULAR boy had a rp and i wanted to join (and when i say very popular i mean half of this small community would join anything in a matter a minutes if he posted). I had a broken arm and could not type for shit and wrote a very very shitty reply. He went ahead and shamed me in the rp in front of all the other very advanced writers then went ahead and posted a screen shot on his profile and said "dont role play with him he is a shitty role player and is stupid" something along those lines. I had to exuse myself so i could go cry. Very abusive.
Sorry if my writing and spelling is bad on this i was writing very quickly.

Wow. I am kind of shocked. These are examples of, like, legitimate emotional abuse and sexual harassment.

My method of dealing with disruptive role players? I use my natural smartassery to get them to rage quit.

This is pretty mild, espically when compared to what other people have shared in this thread, but my worst roleplay experience was the time everybody refused to refere to my character with anything other than the name of the character I had used as a faceclaim.

Another moment I had was when I was rping in a Sailor Moon chat room on aol my character just became friends with two of the Witches 5 characters and all of the sudden they disappear with no way of knowing where they went I got very depressed after that

Demon vs Angel RP, where I was writing a demon named Abraxas.

There was an important book that contained a plot crucial location, both sides were battling for the book. Abraxas was there of course, squaring up against three angel characters. Though he could hold his own, he preferred using proxies and had this mindless rage beast that followed his commands.

Every time I would do anything, two of the angels would asspull and make impossible dodges or tank attacks. Typical power gaming nonsense where nothing you do matters to them, but that wasn't the main issue. I expected to lose when playing a villain role and could deal with that. The problem was my rage beast was considered "too strong" by the power gamers because it sponged attacks with regenerative abilities. But there was a clear weakness I hinted at several times. The beast had metal rods sticking from his body, and every time he removed one he would become stronger, but Abraxas lost more and more control with each one. It was very clear that the monster was a slave, and if the rods were pulled he would no longer follow orders.

The players paid no attention and complained to the GM, then refused to continue the fight even though a clear weakness was presented. All I was trying to do was create a difficult fight for the players (which is a good thing ffs) but they complained and so I ended the fight by making Abraxas leave for something else that was more important (manufactured plot to end the engagement).

Then the angels got the book, and ripped the pages out for some reason instead of taking the damned thing. We demons needed the book for plot crucial information though (poor arc design to make the book important for both sides but only accessible for one) so I came up with an idea. Abraxas would take the ruined book, and go to another demon who could restore items to previous form. The other demon would scroll back the timeline of the book itself, and the pages would return. That way everyone would have the location, so the plot could continue.

I had Abraxas go and grab the ruined book, and leave the area. He was carrying the book inside his smoke-body form (he could turn into a smoke monster) and then all of a sudden, one of the power gamers decided to stop this. He speed blitzed inside my character's smoke body, took the ruined book and speed blitzed away without giving my character a chance to react. That entire process happened in one post where Abraxas was turned into a cardboard cutout.

1. Why the hell are you focused on a ruined book, nice metagame homie.

2. Randomly appearing in the air next to my character, then entering into his body and grabbing something lmao. I've never seen a bolder autohit in my entire life. Abraxas' smoke body was his body. Not to mention that speed blitzing a super powerful demon isnt gonna happen, and making matters worse was the speed blitz away from my character. This dude wrote the entire process from attack to retreat, without leaving anything open ended, not even a counterattack or chasing his character down.

3. The GMs did absolutely nothing and even supported the dude, coming up with insane reasons why it was okay for someone to repeatedly metagame and autohit another character. Since the GMs were completely incompetent and screwed me over time and time again, I left a rage message in the OOC and bailed.

This isn't the worst story here, not even close, but it was definitely my worst RP experience.

Last edited:
Wow. I am kind of shocked. These are examples of, like, legitimate emotional abuse and sexual harassment.

My method of dealing with disruptive role players? I use my natural smartassery to get them to rage quit.
the best way to deal with them lol luckily i havent had a bad rp tho (although i was invited to one twice by a godmodder, same rp)

So I had this one girl, we never got to the role play stage because she mostly decided to go full toxic troll.

It started with her being antagonistic and talking about her political views (basically she was a horrible bigot and liked to pretend she only became racist because POC where “mean” to her. When every example she gave was just people telling her not to be rude or not to spout bigoted nonsense at them.)

I tried to tell her yo can we please leave the politics out of it. But then she would just follow me around the site trying to call me a racist or act like I was “anti-white”.

Eventually she quit the site. Cuz multiple people (including myself) called her out on her racism.

Hands down one of the most toxic people I ever dealt with.

So I had this one girl, we never got to the role play stage because she mostly decided to go full toxic troll.

It started with her being antagonistic and talking about her political views (basically she was a horrible bigot and liked to pretend she only became racist because POC where “mean” to her. When every example she gave was just people telling her not to be rude or not to spout bigoted nonsense at them.)

I tried to tell her yo can we please leave the politics out of it. But then she would just follow me around the site trying to call me a racist or act like I was “anti-white”.

Eventually she quit the site. Cuz multiple people (including myself) called her out on her racism.

Hands down one of the most toxic people I ever dealt with.

I remember this person well. One of the people I mentally blacklisted just from seeing their discussion forum posts. I love that we have discussion forums here so we can see peoples behaviour OOC before we decide to respond to their interest checks.

I remember this person well. One of the people I mentally blacklisted just from seeing their discussion forum posts. I love that we have discussion forums here so we can see peoples behaviour OOC before we decide to respond to their interest checks.

Yeah tbh I wish I blocked sooner than I did. It’s one of those learning experiences. Cuz looking back there was no reason for them to even bring politics into the planning stage. They just wanted to see if they could get a rise out of me.

That time when I wrote a post of decent length (maybe two paragraphs) for my roleplaying partner and all he replies with is "uwu"

I cri everitiem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back