Experiences What was your worst roleplay experience?

Witchyy

Commissions open!
My worst experience was a couple years ago when Google+ was used pretty often for roleplaying. I was having a pretty interesting rp with someone, and it was all fine and dandy. Then without warning, their character rapes my character. Like wtf? This came completely out of nowhere without warning, and did not even remotely fit into the plot of the rp. Not to mention they didn't ask to make sure I was comfortable with it.

I dropped out of that like a hot rock

Anyways how about you guys?

Oh god . That sounds horrible.

My worse rp experience was when I started back on 3ds ..anyone know that place called Miiverse. Yeah I hated that...only thirty posts a day. And sometimes you couldn't even write a lot down in those post because they had a 100 work limit . But as I was saying. I joined an rp late. And as soon as I joined ..I was greeted by cancerous kids who were trying to pick up dates or something like that. I left that and never went back to miiverse.

Oh god . That sounds horrible.

My worse rp experience was when I started back on 3ds ..anyone know that place called Miiverse. Yeah I hated that...only thirty posts a day. And sometimes you couldn't even write a lot down in those post because they had a 100 work limit . But as I was saying. I joined an rp late. And as soon as I joined ..I was greeted by cancerous kids who were trying to pick up dates or something like that. I left that and never went back to miiverse.

this is why miiverse got shut down

Wow, sounds awful.

My worst one was in a pretty cool story idea, which I won't talk about. My character was in his cell, boring himself and waited anxiously until he could get out go to the courtyard. I think I wrote something like "Man, can't it be *time* already?".
Her character? Apparently could move around FREELY (which we did not agree on!) and fucking BUSTED OPEN THE CELL DOOR OF MY CHARACTER. And her moving around freely did not alert any god damn guards. Wtf. I think it took me a few mins to understand what just happened.

There have been a lot I'll just pick one this go around. My partner and I had this Victorian Hunter thread where they had a detective type of dude and I was a hunter. Fast forward to a battle scene where both of our characters are locked in a battle at night mind you against a werewolf(that I controlled too) just as the werewolf is about to attack them, I put this at the end of my post to leave it open for my partner to respond they decide in their post to make it morning with no mention of the battle and their character coming downstairs to say good morning.
Ernn nope.

My worst experience was a couple years ago when Google+ was used pretty often for roleplaying. I was having a pretty interesting rp with someone, and it was all fine and dandy. Then without warning, their character rapes my character. Like wtf? This came completely out of nowhere without warning, and did not even remotely fit into the plot of the rp. Not to mention they didn't ask to make sure I was comfortable with it.

I am...so sorry you had that happened to you...Christ.

Mine was...it was a 1x1 rp. There was a romance element in there, but the guy I was rping with all of a sudden keeps bugging me about seeing my real picture. And the ooc chatter turned really uncomfortable. The story then just went downhill from there.

hmmm worst RP? Well there are several but the most recent one is the most annoying.

There is a OC RP with superpowered beings in Spacebattles.com. I was just finished a scene where we beat up an npc boss when out of the blue there was this giy who decides to confront and pressure my character to follow his character using as on his words "a throwaway nonpowered npc" who works for the rp's government.

At first, I was ok with it... Then he started pulling out ooc and bullshit out of his ass (can suddenly find magic and detect it with a detector, can recognize potions and spells... All when the government just manage to just figure out magic exist like within 24 Hours...)

I had been skillfully deflecting his bullcrap several time when lo and behold ... He called his posse and friends on the thread to literally shit poat and comment about it all while defending his asspulls...

Here are some examples..(the sentences in the parethesis are my replies to their repeats of accusations)

" You cant have a connection to the British High society..." (Actually when my character's background say that her ancestors immigrated and establish themselves within the English Noble courts as healers, merchants and mages and has been providing services since the 19th century then chances are the whole family can have a connection ...especially since it has rained loyal to them for 12 centuries worth of service)

"Threatening the character of death is baaad... My morals says so" (When did I threatened her? I gave her a warning about other forces working to gwt rid of him... Are you daft? And Your Morals say shit on MY character)

"He didnt say that his character has a senaor that can detect magic ( *puts a quote here saying otherwise* ) Its a lie! its called bluffing! (and you fail to understand how each actions i posted to my character is the same? Pffft)

In the end I decided to go away because A. The GM is so passive thqt they would let the group bully me again... B. The posse keeps posting a 5 page Tirade of "critic" * contradictory and petty nitpicks and insults* even when they did not join said RP.

Let them continue without me.ヽ(`⌒´)ノ

Morale of the story? Do not allow people who are not playing in the rp to join the ooc thread. Especially for those who have an experience of forcing people to change other people's narratives to suit their character's needs. Second Morale, if a player decides to powergame ... Ban him and his posse

Last edited:
I've lost counts after 2-3 years RP'ing, but my most recent one, right here on RPN, gotta be the next worst thing I ever had to go through.
So I joined this RP and posted my character sheet in, everyone seemed alright with him, nothing went wrong. I wasn't OP at all, not a total dick, not a jerk, nothing bad.
Then a mod DM'd me on discord about problems other players have... with my character's appearance. She said my char's appearance is too complex, making players feel uncomfortable, and asked me to get a new picture of him. I told her that my appearance should not be an issue, because there's nothing snfw or morbid or disturbing or unsettling about it. She insisted that she couldn't accept my char because she wanted the rp to succeed.
Then I DM'd another mod. This guy said my char look kind of goofy, because he seemed inflated instead of natural-looking overweight, which made him look out of place in the universe of the RP. This mod also asked me to look for a different pic to illustrate my char. I told him I do not wanna use any outside art to do that, when I've worked so hard on MY arts, and that I am pretty damn serious about my char as well. The mod still said no, then asked me if I wanted to talk to the last mod outta the 3... I've had enough, though, and just peace'd out.
All in all, I feel like people hate how my face look so much, to the point they HAVE to exclude me out of their RPs so they won't die of heart attacks.

And this is just one of countless times where I got treated the same way in RP groups. People just hate my face and guts, and yet still try to be polite about it.

Then I DM'd another mod. This guy said my char look kind of goofy, because he seemed inflated instead of natural-looking overweight, which made him look out of place in the universe of the RP.
That's honestly a fairly valid complaint. For some people, that kind of thing can be important to the over all enjoyment of the rp.

That's honestly a fairly valid complaint. For some people, that kind of thing can be important to the over all enjoyment of the rp.

Well It seems like the mod was criticizing Linkin's artistic abilities rather than the actual character's appearance. Like if it being inflated was an actual aspect of the character, that's one thing. But if the character is supposed to be naturally overweight, then I don't see how the inflated-ish looking appearance that it was drawn in can't be overlooked.

OMFG.
I can't even...what a sick...UGH! -shudders- That's really...just sick. Good on you for leaving that toxicity! I'd not only drop but block as well.

Well It seems like the mod was criticizing Linkin's artistic abilities rather than the actual character's appearance.
I'm sorry, but I don't really see your point. The character still looks a certain way that the GM's didn't feel fitted with their roleplay, whether that's related to his artistic abilities or not isn't really relevant.

Last edited:
I guess group roleplays are different on every site but I've been in some before, outside of this site, with four people max the last thing that was the problem was a character appearance. I suppose with a smaller group there was no need for a GM either as everyone knew their posting order, etc. *Shrugs* this is why I don't bother with a group roleplay these days.

Well It seems like the mod was criticizing Linkin's artistic abilities rather than the actual character's appearance. Like if it being inflated was an actual aspect of the character, that's one thing. But if the character is supposed to be naturally overweight, then I don't see how the inflated-ish looking appearance that it was drawn in can't be overlooked.
I'm sorry, but I don't really see your point. The character still looks a certain way that the GM's didn't feel fitted with their roleplay, whether that's related to his artistic abilities or not isn't really relevant.
At this point, I just decided...
don't bother with a group roleplay these days
Sucks, but eh.

Completely agree. As a player it's your job to get on board with the expectations of the GM(s), which often includes character images. Imo if you're asked to change your character pic by the GM you should comply or bail without hard feelings. Same as if they asked you to rework your character concept or modify your powers/abilities.

Completely agree. As a player it's your job to get on board with the expectations of the GM(s), which often includes character images. Imo if you're asked to change your character pic by the GM you should comply or bail without hard feelings. Same as if they asked you to rework your character concept or modify your powers/abilities.
So, if someone else were to draw my character with the same design and traits (chubby, fat, etc etc), and said picture were allowed in... but my own arts not allowed...
I find it kind of weird.

So, if someone else were to draw my character with the same design and traits (chubby, fat, etc etc), and said picture were allowed in... but my own arts not allowed...
I find it kind of weird.
Why? Art, like music, has a tone. If your tone is off you won't fit. And if you want to roleplay with others you need to do your best to fit.

Many bad experiences on Aniroleplay, the worst is that even roleplayer.me is concerned, there are quite a bunch of sick users, on these sites...

or many have been too pretentious, or too sex-oriented... and I've seen quite works edited on both, badly if i may say.

So poorly managed, in both cases, the staff don't care, i'm glad that i'm not on them anymore, think that Google+ or FB are bad? try them, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
One of my worst RP experiences wasn't actually in a RP itself but more-so an interaction with someone I used to RP with a decent amount.

I made friends with someone on deviantart (way back in the day that I used to do chat based RPs on that site) and they joined Elite Skills shortly after I did. (a site I recently left to join here because the site has a lot of issues in my opinion)

We had a thread we worked on together which we started in deviantart and then moved to Elite Skills, and they eventually quit RPing for a while.

I created a thread which had some dark themes to it (kidnapping, holding against will, etc) and when they came back to Elite Skills, they accused me of taking their idea and chopping it up, and dumbing it down, to make my own thread.

This was never my intention and they even then demanded that I gave them credit for a generic group kidnapping thread because they felt it was too similar to their idea of having people kidnapped and essentially forced to be a part of this "family" because this couple in their late 30s couldn't conceive children demanded the family they never got to start.

I refused to give her credit to my thread, and it turned into her bad mouthing me to a bunch of members of the site that she knew.

Oh, God... Well, I have two experiences that haunt me in RPing. Okay, so this was on another site that is pretty much dead now. R.I.P whatever site, I'm talking about... But, I was young and just looking to make new friends at the time on this old RP site; and this guy who clearly had a girlfriend began flirting with me and I kept telling him naively that I appreciated his kindness. But then when he asked if I wanted to RP, I told him I had an appointment; he suddenly got crazy angry at me and told me that I was being a flirt. Which I wasn't, then he said "You know I have a gf" and I was like "... I wasn't even thinking of that.". It really enraged me.

But the second time, was also on the same dead RP site. May God rest its Soul, lol. No offense! But this girl who had a problem me with since I joined, although I didn't know much about her nor did I talk much to her or about her; started an RP with me where she basically cyber-bullying me. I told the moderators and they were like "We're sorry, but you have to wait to get that thread deleted". And I was beyond angry, so I left the site behind for a good three months only to find that when I returned while there were still people trying to start drama with me; that thread was deleted and the guy who was trying to get with me/be a... Ahem "bad boy"; was no longer using the site. Those were some preferably forgettable experiences! Although it was my first RP site and I learned a ton; I still feel like it could have been run better over all. But those my RP horror stories.

Some chick only used the name Yasmine. She recycled the same character, only changing the hair color. This edge-queen mary sue wrecked four good intros before the group finally told her off. Not that bad! Really!

Then there was this other guy who talked about himself in the third person and used HIMSELF as a character, deliberately trolling with *responses*.

A pretty bad experience I've had in a role play was actually one of my first attempts at horror, long story short I was a Frankenstein gone wrong and my character was trying to kill it's creator after years of being used. Buddy boi that I was with realizes halfway through the role play (even though I specifically wrote in the rules that his character WILL DIE if he doesn't kill me) that he doesn't want to die and attempts to make this a monster romance, multiple times I try to not so subtly remind him that this is not a romance play but he kept making moves so eventually I opted to just go for a quick kill to end the role play.

Buddy boi sent me a " ;-; how cruel " and I never looked back.

speaking of character deaths, it was one of my first forum roleplays, and it was a group RP... the characters were doing some quest set up by DM. at some point a new character joined in, started a fight with other characters and wrote that he killed some of them in most gruesome ways. That was without asking the other players. The players asked the DM what do do next if their characters are considered dead or no. Never got reply from DM, the RP died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back