TV & Film What was your first Horror movie you watched

First horror movie was either Gremlins or It. The evil gremlins scared me as a child, I was honestly afraid to eat after midnight and to even look at a Furby (Gizmo looked like a Furby okay X'D). Clowns were always something I found unnerving so It definitely didn't help. I love horror movies now though, especially the psychological horrors which are far and few in-between.

The first one I can REMEMBER is Alien, and it has a place close to my heart. My father was a fanatic about horror films, and he and I would watch one every friday night. I first watched Alien when I was about five or six, and I scarred the living shit out of me. At night, I would be scarred to go to the bathroom because I though maybe one of those, as I called it back then, "Weird tube alien with the second mouth" would kill me. I try to watch it from time to time. If I were to go back in time, I'd probably be cast in the film for how well I knew/know the lines.
The Freddy Krueger, Jason, Myers never stuck with me, and I never get excited when new ones come out. Zombies is another thing that my father decided to pass down. I will play every zombie game I can, I will watch every movie I can.

Predator at four years old. It was also the first movie I ever saw, bar none and it's become an all-time favorite.

Happy Feet (that one penguin movie) scared the piss out of me when I first watched it (I was like 4) and I don't think I'll ever recover from that level of horror.

Actual horror movie in the horror genre was The Ring. Was also kinda young, and I still cried, but it didn't give me as many nightmares as Happy Feet.
I know, happy feet is freaky...

Texas chainsaw massacre. When I was 6 or 7. I sat through the film perfectly fine, but when it was over, I threw up. :closed eyes open smile:

Don't know if it counts, but there's this Twilight Zone movie I watched when I was around 12. Thing is though, it wasn't the one with the behind-the-scenes helicopter crash. I looked that one up, and I remember the plot of the one I watched to be way different. It was still an anthology, but one of the stories was basically a smaller scale version of that Twilight Zone episode where that town is run by a kid with supernatural powers. No idea of the rest, I think I may have gotten paranoid that my parents would see me watching it and make me stop or something so I just didn't finish the movie.

"The Thing" (the old one) and it still creeps me out lol the kennel scene used to haunt my nightmares because we had a malamute and he looked like the main dog they were gunning at from the airplane. I'm so glad I never had to deal with him turning into a creepy tentacled alien with a raw dog face inside a split open canid skull ._. I would have needed tons of therapy

I watched Child's Play back when I was around 8 to 10 years old. That burnt-up Chucky doll playing a kid's voice line near the end is still etched into my mind.

the first one, as I recall, I don't remember the title anymore (and hope that someone somehow knows the title), was that about a telephone? Every time your phone rings, and when you answer it (they answered it), you're dead.

I can't remember the first full horror movie I watched, but I remember my first experience with horror was catching a little bit of Alien while my dad was watching it in another room. It was the scene where Ripley is working near some pipes and the xenomorph swats at her from the darkness. I had no context and no idea what was going on at the time, just that it scared the hell out of me. I think that memory is one of the reasons I love Alien so much today.

I’m not really a big horror watcher, but I guess A Quiet Place counts? It wasn’t really that scary though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back