Literature What was your favourite line from a RP?

AngelzRain

Just a small Asian trying to live
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Tell me a scene or a line or a dialog that gave you shivers! Something that you would put in a movie if you could! Something you are proud of and that you strive for that moment to happen again!

Okay, so none of these should probably be put to film, but I found them good in terms of the role play.

"Lileath, you're not going to a tropical island for a weekend with a vampire you met two days ago."

"But father- "

Okay, so this scene is from an on going role play of mine, and is a high school/fantasy/romance. She has to try and explain to him why she was making out with some guy under a tree that is two and a half thousand years old, and how their 'holiday' is a completely platonic, educational visit and not a weekend away in a tropical paradise. And he absolutely believes her (not).

"Pheobe, just because you have to cake yourself up in makeup to walk out the front door, doesn't mean we are all that insecure."

Ah, fighting over boys. Is there anything teenage girls love doing better? This scene was actually based off a real life argument I had with a girl at school, and in both the role play and real life it started a fight. Except we weren't fighting over boys, it was over... damn I can't even remember. Couldn't of been that important then.

"What do you mean he threw you out of a window?"

"She's mine" He growled in the other man's ear before snapping his neck.

"I'm sorry father. I love you." I whispered to him, tears falling down my face as I pressed on the needle. The poison soon flooded through his veins as the dreaded flat sound emitted from the heart machine, and I sobbed as I thought that whatever shreds of my heart were left I didn't want them inside of me, that I'd of preferred to be lying on that hospital bed than alive but in tatters.

These scenes aren't remotely funny, but they probably deserve an honourable mention if only to mention the role play itself. The estranged daughter of a terrorist leader meets back up with him, and as a teenager falls in love with him.

(She is fifteen and he's her fifty year old father. When I said it was dark I meant it.)

So she goes back to this boarding school and meets this new student, who was called Jonathan. He finds out due to a series of accidents (one of which involved him walking in as they nearly kissed) he figures out she's in love with her father (who happens to kill and torture people). He also suspects that although he hears her father tell her that he feels the same way, he is lying.

Skipping forward a little, poor Jonathan starts to unravel the mystery, and he finds out her fathers initial reaction was to throw her out of a window, but her father later claims it was to discourage her from feeling like this.

Her and her father find out Jonathan is bi, to which neither of them react well, but he just starts ripping into him (not physically, but emotionally and mentally). However, she gets over it, not exactly accepting it but more ignoring it.

Things begin to get worse (if you're wondering how, just read on). When he breaks her mother out of prison, she seduces him and sleeps with him, which he admits to my character. She is extremely hurt by this, as he refuses to do anything with her (the role play didn't get that weird as to actually have them do anything sexual) and tells him to f-off. He flips out and pins her against the wall, to which (and to her immense surprise) Jonathan tried to stop him. Her father cools his head slightly, and after he seemingly realises what he's done, apologizes to my character, but she tells him to leave.

She starts to get the idea that Jonathan *might* fancy her, as he's been telling her how much of a bad idea this is, and he just stood up to a powerful murderer to defend her. He half forces/she half flees to America to get away from her father, but naturally he tracks them down.

As she's still in love with him, she refuses to harm him. Jonathan ends up not killing him but he accidentally wipes her fathers memories, and he has no idea who anyone or even who he is anymore. She decides to end his life, deeming it cruel to have him continue in this state.

YEAH.

PRETTY DARK

this is less of a 'dramatic' quote, but I always thought the dialogue was rather funny. (This is back when I solely did one-liners, but I don't regret the actions one bit cause it always makes me laugh.)

"Mmh. It is an issue in the long run. I do not like it when people, especially my children, grow too proud and brave."

"Then don't have kids." She mumbled, her own wine glass appearing.

"I believe you've offered me counsel a thousand years late, Miriam."

"Oops."

"Devil worshipers! All of you!"

"Was that fun? Throwing rocks into space?"

"Oh trust me... I don't think I'll have to put much effort into hating you."

And the crowning quote:

“You like to... Masturbate?”

There are quite a few of mine.
This is from my Brothers Conflict 1x1 with AiAi AiAi I'm still dying from it.

He then turned around and grabbed a cookie before excitedly plopping it into his mouth. The moment he did, his eyes sparkled as he reached his hands out to grab hold of Ageha's smaller pair as he exclaimed loudly, "Ageha-chan! These are delicious! Become my wi--!" Though before he can finish his sentence, Azusa was standing behind him with his hand held out above Tsubaki's head.

I c a n ' t

And from a recent post I had in a Durarara!! RP:

Unfortunately, it seemed Kai had been enjoying the sunshine too much, because as soon as he was about to turn a familiar corner—BAM!

You see, there was this rock.

I LOVE HAVING MY CHARACTERS TRIP AND FALL ON THEIR FACE

Actually, this happened today.

Roughly...

"Magic and honesty go together like a sparrow and a crocodile."

"All magic, good or evil, must be honest. From the beginning, I tell my customers what must be done and why. They are the sparrow that flies in the crocodile's maw, but they already knew they were to be eaten."​

The RP this was from was a pile of shit but this quote was gold

"Goddamn pop star security" Alice muttered under her breath.

Here's another one
"I think I've just got an idea, but we're gonna need one of those CDs..." She pointed to the CD player, then to the now shocked grunt "...and her clothes."

"Kitesoix, you are the hero and I'm not. I need you keep going on without me. I am the bad guy, let me do something good." Says Mica.

Kisses her and shoves her in the water to save her and turns toward a bunch of soldiers.

"I'm down to my last trick."

End scene.

"It's like Shrek the Third, but without Eddie Murphy. Awww.... gross..."

"Beware, the di-gi-tal peo-ple, the di-ig-tal peo-pleee... the di-gi-tal peo-ple, the di-git-al peo-ple..."

"Fires suck."

"I'm still new to the recruitment process, don't at me."

"The 2nd most electrifying man don't need no paper cut, sister.'

"Before you answer, I need to ask... one, important, question. Has the plane left yet?"

to those who come across me, prepare for the one-liners bois

Last edited:
It was in a spotless room full of torture devices, but the whole room glowed really brightly under ultraviolet light. Cutting out the details & censoring for courtesy. Genre was gritty sci-fi action. My character was a mercenary hired to help their character rescue their family.

Their Character: "Look at this place, man... Why did you even build it? If these walls could talk."
My Character: "If these walls could talk, they wouldn't say a ******* thing."
Their Character: "You're hired."

Comm Officer: "Aye. Intership comms seem to be working fine now. Queen Zarg's bunch must've ironed out the bugs in the comm switchboards. Conversations between the engine room and armory will no longer be heard over the PA in all the bathrooms on deck 138."

-+-

Friends char: “Ugh… dreads are SO ten years ago”

My char: “Excuse me, Anthony Gee- Lee! Dreadlocks are a timeless hairstyle. Thinking that dreadlocks can go out of style is like saying tank tops are out of style!”

Friends char: “Tank tops may not be out of style but those trunk sure as hell are~”

My char: “Oh.” He said placing one hand on his hip and assuming a feminine posture while raising his other hand with one finger pointed up like a scolding mother. “Oh, excuuuuuse me! I didn’t realize the fashion police were on duty.”

Their char: “Hmph” He places a hand on his chest, curving his back to exaggerate his curves and assuming a more feminine posture as he points at him with a flick of his wrist “Well someone’s gotta make sure there’s some semblance of culture on this-”

Ok, these were both OOC comments during TT sessions.

1. In a V:tM elders game, there was a conclave of all the supernatural leaders of North America. It turns out that it was, of course, a trap. Our storyteller described a tornado with both a physical and spiritual existence descending on our meeting. It spat out some giant formori who immediately dismembered a biker gang of Get of Fenris. As physical combat seemed like a bad idea, one of our group declared he was going to use some spirit-talking ability on the tornado.

Our Storyteller: "Wait, wait. *takes a long drag of his cigarette* You want to. Talk. To the Swirling Vortex of Doom?"

That ended with the player rolling all of his stats at diff 8 to see what his new stats were... A decade later, whenever there is something large and ominous in a movie, we still tell him to go talk to it.

2. I don't know if how many are old enough to know The Dead Alewives' "Dungeons and Dragons" prehistoric viral video, but most of my TT group had it memorized. We were also big fans of "Office Space". Eventually, they wanted to take a break from WoD, and we started my first D&D campaign, ever. I was the only one who didn't have every monster memorized. We were somewhere in the dark, but the we were attacked by something that the DM described as "even darker than the shadows". As the only spellcaster of the group, I figured 'why not?' and declared, "So, yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and attack that darkness." I really didn't expect the cackling and crying that ensued. I was the OOC hero of the day.

Luss: "I don't know what this russian government is, but we need to get you out of here! Terrorist got to the city's active support! Backups kicked on but failures and spacetime tears are popping up like holiday lights. I don't want to be here when a googleplex tons of steel and dirt collapse back to three dimensions and start obeying actual physics!"

I keep finding gems in my really long RP.

“Oh, so you were the piece of filthy garbage I could smell from inside of the bar. How very.” Samuel growled, not even bothered by Kam’s hardening glare or the share words that sounded hot on his tongue in response to what he just said.Excuse me?!, but aren’t you the piece of garbage that was thrown out of the Silver City because you made that stupid ass mistake?!” He yelled, clenching his fists to the point that his manifesting claws were biting into the skin and drawing blood from the palms of his hands. Wanting nothing more than to throw a punch at Samuels dumbass face when he rolled his eyes and scoffed in Kameron’s fucking face. “And aren’t you still your bosses little lap dog? Doing every little thing he says, and I’m certainly positive that those rumors about the two of you are true-“ But before their little argument could go any further, the two were soon interrupted by the possibly pissed off Archangel that stood a few feet away from them while Sunflower was starting to get a little antsy again, standing a little closer to Rowan in search of his warm comfort.

A long term Angel rp thing with my bestie
It’s uh
Yeah
The differences between Kam and Sammy are just
MMM MM GEWD STUFF FAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back