Anime & Manga What was your Anime Starter Pack?

DBZ, Pokemon and Sailor moon.

My first anime/manga in Japanese were Card Captor Sakura and Inu Yasha.

The first two anime I ever watched were Chobits and InuYasha. That was when I was very young though. Maybe seven or eight? Not the most appropriate choices, I must say. Haha.

The first anime series I watched was Elfen Lied, but I was so weirded out by it's concept that, after finishing it, I didn't touch any other series for at least a month.

Then I came across the Valkyria Chronicles anime by sheer accident. Being a fan of the game, I gave it a shot and really liked it. I went on from there, but I tend to stay away from the weirder stuff (mecha, demons, vampires, etc).

Dragonball and Gundam back during old Toonami. The brother and I watched it every evening after school without exception. Good times.

My anime starter pack? That's kind of a hard question... buuuuut if I had to pick something:

1) Samurai X

2) Sakura Wars

3) Cooking Master Boy

4) Gundam Seed (plus Destiny)

5) Love Hina!

Particularly that last one. Heheheh~

I really started with manga. My mom brought me JoJo's Bizarre Adventure when she went to japan (parts 1-4). she spent an inconceivable amount of time translating it for me.

the first anime I ever saw was probably Evangelion. I had no clue what was going on but I liked it. The second would be the JoJo OVA. I was severely disappointed by it but I still loved it

Suzy Q is bae

my first anime was Black butler, (recommended by a friend) I got to like episode 17, when I read about Hetalia in a friends fan fic. I was so confused on why everyone was named after country so, I went to check it out and got hooked on anime! So I then started watching, FMA, soul eater, ouran high school host club, and most recently, Tokyo Ghoul.

anybody else ever watched these? And does anyone know were I can find Hetalia world twinkle in English? They don't have it in Russian, so I want to watch it in English as I did the rest od the show. :)

Inuyasha was the starter kit for me. From there I was a regular for an Inuyasha fan site and I RP'd there a lot, along with some other folks when they moved to another small website that was mainly for role-playing. It launched my interests and my love for the whole concept of Anime. From there it went to Bleach and Naruto, and from there it went into shorter anime of debatably better quality like Steins;gate and Gurren Laggan.

EDIT: Oh, and Dragon Ball Z. How could I forget DBZ?

Last edited by a moderator:
78953-1.jpg

Hmm, I hope I don't sound too borin by this but the two animes that really got me in would have to be... Attack on Titan as the first anime I watched, but Mirai Nikki really got me into anime, mnm mhm!

First two I watched were, basically, DBZ and Pokemon. But ones that really got me hooked?

I'd say Gintama and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Sailor Moon and Dragonball .. pretty much the only Anime's that were available to me when I was a kid. I might be showing my moss a little with that one! ;)

After that it was pretty much anything I could get my hands on.

That got me hooked? Let's see... it'll have to be Yu Yu Hakusho.

Edit: Wait no. I remembered wrong, it was Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King that got me hooked to anime :"D

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with hetalia. Then black butler, fairy tail, and finally Ouran high school host club. Then it was many others I can't remember.

Toonami was very amazing segment that introduced me to anime. It was Dragon Ball Z and Rurouni Kenshin. For a third, it was Yu Yu Hakusho.

Grandelder77 said:
Toonami was very amazing segment that introduced me to anime. It was Dragon Ball Z and Rurouni Kenshin. For a third, it was Yu Yu Hakusho.
When I started watching anime on Adult Swim, I knew it as simply 'anime night', lol. Man, those days were awesome. I remember trying to stay up for Inuyasha but then Big O always sent me to sleep. I never really understood that anime...

Anyways! I first started watching Naruto without knowing it was anime, truth be told. But what really got me into it, was my best friend lending me Chibi Vampire manga and making me watch Karin. Must say, I prefer the manga since she had me watch the English Dub. Nothing against Dub in general, but that Dub in particular... Ugh.

And thus, a weeb was born.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back