Experiences What was the Weirdest Idea for a Character that you've ever had?

NimbusWing

Something Cloudy
Roleplay Availability
Throughout the time we've been roleplaying as various characters, canon, fanon or one-hundred percent original, there has to be a few of which where just look back and them and simply think:

"What the everliving heck was I thinking of at the time?"

Some of these ideas for these characters could have been bad, some of them could have been worked in such a way that it actually makes for something surprisingly unique and entertaining in it's own right. Which leads into the titular question:

What was the weirdest idea for a roleplaying character that you've ever had?

FT_uPhrUcAAQpD7.jpg
To start, I'll throw down what is probably one of my strangest ideas for a character that I've roleplayed with, and all things considered? It had been surprisingly fun!

I once had an idea where I thought to myself - what would happen if I just had a relatively 'average' character and threw her into wild situations?

So in the heat of the moment I had made the idea of a character named Madeleine, an run-of-the-mill bank clerk. At a first glance, she may have been a character who at a first glance seems to be rather plain and simple concept-wise, and that was because she was made to be that way. She's upstanding at her job, dutiful, and hardworking, but she's very simply plain and often overlooked - to a point where it can be difficult for her to sometimes grab the attention of others. A lot of who she is in regards to her interests and hobbies can be average, from how she prepares her coffee to what shows she prefers to watch - generally what's popular at the time, with no real thought to wander away from the common path and develop her own interests. She effortlessly blends in with the normalcy of the world, and she's just like anyone else, but perhaps not as strikingly special.

However, that is but one of two major points of her character. The other is also her uncanny ability to find herself into troublesome situations, and her work as a bank clerk has resulted in her suddenly finding herself in quite a few predicaments that are far from everyday routine, at least for her. So a lot of the general questions that tend to be asked when I think of roleplaying as a character like her is how a woman with no incredibly outstanding abilities aside from her occupation manages to walk her way out of danger? That was what I found fun in regards to roleplaying as her, as it leads into more unexpected or creative solutions rather than just resolving everything with brute force or a simple answer. There has been a situation where I've managed to comically get her to escape from a threat by blending in with a crowd - embracing the plain aspect of her personality and using it as her strength rather than her defining weakness, for example!

She's honestly a character that I want to give a shot again at one point, even if she's fine-tuned a little to become more than just an average lady, but she's probably my strangest idea for a character that I've actually had come to fruition.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what all of your strange character ideas!

Just a cube, that glode along the ground, insulting people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back