Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

I'd have to say my first anime was Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It was the first anime I actually focused on. When I was much younger, I had seen Naruto on Cartoon Network but at that age, I did not recognize it as "anime" as I was too young to know the term. I also was not an avid watcher of Naruto hence my reluctant to say it was the first anime I watched. Anyway, to me, PMMM was my first true anime experience..~ c:

Black butler was my first anime, my best friend introduced me to it, and she didn't give me a warning about Sebastian and the nun. Or Pluto and Angela. My innocence was forever damaged. (!_! )

Man, my friend anime was Ouran Host Club wayyyyyy back. I almost cried when i found out they aren't doing a second season

naruto, and im like.. really, really, really far behind i dont even think i got to watch all of the first season or anything i just saw certain episodes but that actually was also what started my rp shit bc i used to 'play naruto' with my friends bc we were like 7 or 8

Digimon was, actually. I remember vaguely parts of it from when I was little and Jetix was still a thing. (Me: "Whoa! I remember that giant cactus!") I watched Pokemon a bit in third grade, but then I gave up. I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Rediscovered Digimon the summer before seventh grade, and during seventh grade or the summer before eighth grade I watched Attack on Titan.

That really pushed me into anime. xD After AoT, I got into Bleach, and then Blue Exorcist, and then the otaku-ing began xD

MrNortherner said:
Man, my friend anime was Ouran Host Club wayyyyyy back. I almost cried when i found out they aren't doing a second season
There's gonna be a second season! It comes out 2017!

I SPREAD JOY WHEREVER I GO!

Last edited by a moderator:
The first series I watched that I recognized as anime was the 4kids dub of Tokyo Mew Mew, Mew Mew Power. I used to wake up at 8 every Saturday so that I could watch it. They never even finished the dub, and I doubt anyone will ever pick up the licensing because the anime was honestly terrible.

A friend of the family, Japanese monk, on the way to a religious pilgrimage dropped by. I was around 6? He got me the VHS Tapes for a lot of Studio Ghibli movies.

Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro,Kiki's Delivery Service and even the newly released Spirited Away. That's honestly what got me hooked. And it's not an anime series but idgaf. I had a very good start :3

Also little stars and planet shaped chocolate candy pouches.

Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and Inuyasha. 

But I'm going to have to put DBZ up there first; I used to watch that when I was three. I would do the kamehameha and everything. 

I don't know exactly, but I do know that the ones I remember most are Ranma, Dragonball Z, and Naruto. Those were the big three!

naruto used to come on my tv a lot and i never really watched it from the beginning, just some episodes from different parts but i was hella young so i had no clue what was going on. 

my official first anime a were death note (i used to stay up with a friend till really late watching it until one of us passed out but damn there were some vv scary scenes) and kaichou wa maid sama. 

at the moment though i'm watching haiykuu and your lie in april, otherwise known as shigatsu wa kimi no uso. but one of my favourite animes would have to be sword art online because damn, it hit me right in the feels. 

As a Kid I watched Candy Candy, but I never really thought of it as an anime, it was a cartoon to me. Only much later did I inform myself and watched Vampire Knight, the first thing I watched with the thought 'this is an anime'

Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin

Still love them both, rewatched the entire series of Inuyasha a year ago with a friend who had never seen it. Let me tell you people who watched it as children, REWATCH IT! It's so much better when you know what's going on xD  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back