Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

The first anime I watched was either Pokemon or Naruto. I can't remember which came first since I watched both of them around the same time, but they still remain to be some of my favorites to this day.

My first anime episode ever seen was ranma 1/2 but the first anime I've ever finished was Dragon Ball

Last edited by a moderator:
It was either Bleach, Black Butler or DeathNote (unless Pokemon or Yugioh count, I still have old Pokemon movies from about the year 2000). I've watched so much anime since then that I've lost track.

So much Pokemon when I was little. So much. I don't remember the first thing I watched when I was actually aware of what anime was, which is kinda sad, but probably Naruto or Bleach. Now I hardly watch any at all. Womp.

Kiki's delivery service. I watched it with my favorite cousin when I was younger, and kind of forgot about anime for a few years. Then, I started watch and reading bleach a year or two back, and I've been a proud otaku since (:

Pokemon and Digimon when I was really young. Occasionally some Inuyasha when I stayed up watching Toonami with my older cousin

Fate said:
Hey, I don't know if this had already been done, but what was the first anime you ever watched?
The first anime I ever watched was Death Note.
Dance with Devils is the first official anime I watched although I caught glimpse of others.

doraemon was the first anime and i would watch it with my older sister awwe

but attack on titan was the first recent anime i guess

I probably seen something like Doraemon or something. Maybe even Hello Kitty, but those weren't exactly as memorable as this particular one (which might be obscure) Gyōten Ningen Batseelor. I can't even remember the exact plot, but I do remember the characters were all able to transform into more awesome versions using these element-themed stones. Me and my siblings watched that series to death all the way up to its ending.

Either Pokemon or Avatar on Nickolodeon/Cartoon Network. Though, the first real anime that I watched was One Piece.

It's technically a movie but anime nonetheless. Akira. I saw a commercial for it on old school MTV. From that moment I knew I had to see it. The one I saw was the original release in the eighties. I know a while back they showed a remastered version on cartoon network with different voices. I stopped watching after five minutes.

Higurashi no naku koro ni.

Not the most common introduction into the world of anime. But hey, I loved every single second of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back