Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

The first anime I watched knowing what anime was, was Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha. Probably why I’m so into Samurai now.

The real first one was DBZ but at the time I was so young I didn’t know an anime from a cartoon.

My first anime- the one that I have truly finished is Furuba or Fruits Basket. A heartwarming anime about a kindhearted girl who has lost her mother and has become entangled with the life of 12 cursed people of the Zodiac.

Ever ever or ever as in when I started watching anime seriously?

My first ever was digimon. My first since starting to watch anime seriously was Madoka Magikaka, woof!

Last edited:
I can't remember exactly. It was either InuYasha or Detective Conan :)

This is sort of a redundant question, as pretty much most people, especially in the US, are going to say something like Pokemon, Yugioh, Beyblade, Naruto, Digimon and all of that stuff. For me it was Pokemon; however, I didn't know what anime was until I was around twelve, when for some reason memories of watching Naruto got me thinking: "Hey, this was a cool show, how do I watch more of it?" The only DVD of a Naruto thing was Naruto Shippuden Bonds, and to this day I still have it, plus it opened me up to Shippuden, and I began looking into that as well. However! Naruto or Naruto: Shippuden wasn't the anime that got me back into anime. That distinction belongs to still singlehandedly one of the best if not the best anime I have seen, Spice and Wolf. Jumping for a shounen to a way more dialogue heavy and character-driven show was an exciting and enjoyable experience.

I bought both seasons on my Xbox 360 and watched it on there when I was about fourteen. I fell in love with the show so much that I avoided watching the last three episodes for months because I didn't know what else I could watch after Spice and Wolf. I had fallen in love with the characters, story, setting, and plot that I didn't want it to end. When I finally finished the series I felt both joy, relief, yet sadness. I had just watched a fantastic show, which to this day I love, and I didn't know what else to watch. Now some five years later and I have seen much anime, as the anime after Spice and Wolf I got into was Fairy Tail (yeah another big jump). Regardless I hold Spice and Wolf with high regard, and I thank it for bringing me into a medium that I know I will enjoy for the rest of my life.

Either Pokemon, Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) or Dragon Ball, I don't know for sure, it's been more than 15 years ago. I'd just happen to catch something on the TV on random channels sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back