TV & Film What TV show(s) do you know that aren't talked about?

I was crushed when I found out that Into the Badlands and The Santa Clarita Diet were cancelled. I tend to lag on watching TV series during the times they actually air since I can only stream the episodes when I have time to. But both shows were so great! I wish that another network would pick them up because they had left on cliff hangers with a lot of plot potentials still in them.

I have just discovered Mr. Robot and it is crack to me. Highly recommend everyone to watch it. Good Omens and What We Do In The Shadows were also decent, but both flop a bit compared to the original version.

I’ve just started Mr. Robot (finished S1) and it’s such a trip! I love it though. It seems like one of those shows that you have to watch over to understand what’s happening. But makes more sense the second time.

Utopia. I’ve watched both the American and British version. It’s definitely a divergent take on the characters and story-telling, but one isn’t necessarily better than the other. I liked them both distinctly and didn’t feel the need to compare like most critics do.

I fell in love with an anime called Aldnoah.Zero that I guess only got popular in some areas of the world. I’ve only met one other person besides myself who watched the show, even though it’s on Hulu and Funimation both. I thought it was a great way of handling a quickly-escalating political plot, and it has a rare feature - a main character who is autistic.

There is no direct reference to it, but it would be hard to miss given the dialogue and the storyline. It was thrilling to watch this very intelligent but inexperienced character change from a student raised by his sister to a war hero. The show takes a few twists and turns I wasn’t prepared for, and it just made me love Inaho and Slane even more

Another necessary plug to re-announce that House MD is the best series ever aired.

No idea if it's niche, but I do know that Person of Interest isn't something I hear people rave about on subreddits and other forums I frequent. And it's a shame because it's such an excellent series. If slick cop shows with a gradual evolution into hard sci-fi is your cup of tea, you'll love PoI.

Okay but seriously, I love that show to death.

No idea if it's niche, but I do know that Person of Interest isn't something I hear people rave about on subreddits and other forums I frequent. And it's a shame because it's such an excellent series. If slick cop shows with a gradual evolution into hard sci-fi is your cup of tea, you'll love PoI.

Okay but seriously, I love that show to death.
UGH, I'm rewatching that lately and I'm up to the 5th season. There's so little left, but everything's progressing so fast and I want to watch so much more.

the channel 4 tv show 'humans' ,, nobody seems to have watched it but it's such a cool show.
also money heist, i feel like because it's a spanish show people pass over it, it seems popular in spain but alas, i am not in spain.

Honestly, this show is kinda gaining traction in certain circles, but it's not one of those kinda shows where if I asked a random person if they knew it, (they won't). So I think it's an appropriate response to this thread question--

I've been obsessed with it for months now, The Untamed. It's an adaptation of a Chinese web novel. I've only encountered few people who have heard about this show or like it. And I cherish that fact. The genre is hard to get into, because these things tend to be pretty long winded. But damn it's great once you get over the initial confusion.

If you like the untamed, you might also like Heaven Official's Blessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back