TV & Film What TV show(s) do you know that aren't talked about?

Only way I ever see a Lucifer RP working is a 1x1. Dude is a cringelord douchebag. I cringe at the idea of someone even trying to play him. Has this show been canceled yet?
No it has a new season coming soon

Yeah, I'm a bit scared as well, but I hope that it'll pay off.

I knew S2 of Altered Carbon just wouldn't be the same. When they announced Anthony Mackie I was mortified, because I have never been a decided fan. S1 had such a magic combination of dynamics, a big part of which was the two lead actors. Kovacs and Cortez. It just won't be the same without Joel, particularly with how bad Anthony is at character acting.

I knew S2 of Altered Carbon just wouldn't be the same. When they announced Anthony Mackie I was mortified, because I have never been a decided fan. S1 had such a magic combination of dynamics, a big part of which was the two lead actors. Kovacs and Cortez. It just won't be the same without Joel, particularly with how bad Anthony is at character acting.
Oh yes, I'm actually scared to watch it. I loved S1 so much, and now there's so much stuff that people are saying...

I was scared to watch it as well. Started S2E1 today. Mackie is just not selling it on the level Joel did. He doesn't feel like Takeshi in a new sleeve, he feels like Anthony Mackie in an Anthony Mackie sleeve.

I really liked "ImPastor" which is about a guy pretending to be a pastor. It didn't go on long but it was my kind of comedy.

If you don't like spoilers

I liked Altered Carbon Season 2 more than Season 1. I loved how Korvacs was spun up twice.

Lost in oz. It is based off of wizard of oz. Season three is expected to come later this year (if amazon doesn't cancel it...)

I haven't heard much talk about Netflix's Messiah, which is pretty good. The only thing is, the first season ended with a cliffhanger and like so much other shows Netflix cancelled it.

I recommend Garth Marenghi's Darkplace to everyone. That includes you. Hello.

There are only six, half-hour episodes, and they're all on youtube. Or, if you live in the UK, on 4oD.

It's a horror comedy, or specifically a parody of cheesy 80s horror, with badly-framed shots, continuity errors, cheesy dialogue, terrible special effects, incoherent plotlines and awful, awful acting. But it's presented as a real show, with interviews with the (fictional) cast and crew, including dreamweaver Garth Marenghi himself ("I'm one of the few people you'll meet who've written more books than they've read") who constantly talk up the show as the best thing ever created. But it's all just... done so well. I don't know how else to describe it.
Two of the main cast are Richard Ayoade and Matt Berry, and Julian Barratt shows up a few times as well.

Oh, and because it's ridiculous horror, there's a lot of (badly-done) gratuitous violence, so bear that in mind I guess. But yeah it's... insane. I love it. I ended up rewatching it recently so it's right at the front of my mind. Please, watch an episode if any of this remotely appeals to you.

extracurricular is a really good kdrama on netflix, only 1 season so totally bingeable in a weekend !

Ooo, TV! This is my jam. I've seen Lucifer mentioned, but that will always be my favourite no matter what happens.

Other than that, lately I've been watching Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. It's quite a lovely series, very cute and lighthearted for the most part... Compared to the shows I usually watch.

Has anyone seen Person of Interest? Masterful show, I've only just started s4. Would love to find another fan somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back