TV & Film What TV show(s) do you know that aren't talked about?

Honestly, this show is kinda gaining traction in certain circles, but it's not one of those kinda shows where if I asked a random person if they knew it, (they won't). So I think it's an appropriate response to this thread question--

I've been obsessed with it for months now, The Untamed. It's an adaptation of a Chinese web novel. I've only encountered few people who have heard about this show or like it. And I cherish that fact. The genre is hard to get into, because these things tend to be pretty long winded. But damn it's great once you get over the initial confusion.

Cybersix. It's on Amazon Prime & Midnight Pulp (free w/ads). I adore this show but it's such a dead fandom.

I remember that, I've watched every episode of Hogans heros (at least 3 times) and batman (exept like 2 from the last season becase thay don't err them and they arn't on any platforms I know of)

I'm really enjoying Empress Ki on Netflix. It's a Korean drama set during the Yuan dynasty in China. It has all the court intrigue, rivalry and betrayals you could ever want. Game of Thrones vibes, but without the boobs and vulgarity, and with a bit more soapiness. Great MC and supporting characters. Fun times!

Harlots. I’m so mad it’s cancelled. I think it lost a lot of the fanbase in the last season, mostly because a certain character was killed off and everyone took it way too personally.

Harlots. I’m so mad it’s cancelled. I think it lost a lot of the fanbase in the last season, mostly because a certain character was killed off and everyone took it way too personally.

I was nodding along, and then I realized I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow when they killed off Abbie Mills, and... welp.

I guess I am that person. ( ._.)

Honestly, this show is kinda gaining traction in certain circles, but it's not one of those kinda shows where if I asked a random person if they knew it, (they won't). So I think it's an appropriate response to this thread question--

I've been obsessed with it for months now, The Untamed. It's an adaptation of a Chinese web novel. I've only encountered few people who have heard about this show or like it. And I cherish that fact. The genre is hard to get into, because these things tend to be pretty long winded. But damn it's great once you get over the initial confusion.

Live action or animated?

A lot of shows I'm seeing now are golden age icons... Hogans Heroes, M*A*S*H, Andy Griffith (I can still whistle the theme in perfect tune), Quantum Leap is Scott Bakula's masterpiece imo.

The first three may not be talked about now, but they were talked about for 40 years, lol.

One amazing show that seems to have slipped through the cracks of mainstream hype is Travelers. Just a beautifully casted, written and executed take on the classic "people from future come back to save us from ourselves" schtick. But it's actually executed perfectly.

I routinely ask people if they know of or have seen significant portions of it, and no one knows what I'm even talking about. They think I mean Timeless. -.-'

Travelers is probably my 5th favorite show of all time, but newbies like Stranger Things, Dark and Ozarks are worming their way up that top 10 pretty quickly.

Uhm... Stargate anyone?

In the 90s it was huge, though. It skirts the line between pop and cult classic, I know. Most Canadain-based productions do (Travelers is made by the same people).

SG-1? Definitely! Never really bothered with the others, the little I saw didn’t retain my interest.

Atlantis was very clearly aimed at a younger generation of up ad coming teenage Gateheads. Universe was just an overtly edgy, BattleStar Remake look-alike, mess.

In the 90s it was huge, though. It skirts the line between pop and cult classic, I know. Most Canadain-based productions do (Travelers is made by the same people).

Atlantis was very clearly aimed at a younger generation of up ad coming teenage Gateheads. Universe was just an overtly edgy, BattleStar Remake look-alike, mess.
Saw bit more of Universe then Atlantis but I can see it. I grew up on SG-1 between my aunt and my own interest in it, also the reason why I know as much as I do about the original Macgyver. (Haven’t been able to get into the remake... running theme for me. Magnum PI same deal although it’s a bit better then it’s counterpart remake) SG-1 was huge in the 90’s I’ll admit but seems forgotten nowadays.

I’m throwing out this gem of a show I came across in recent years with a actress I always liked, Relic Hunter. The show was pretty good and interesting yet I don’t think I know or encountered anyone that talks about it or knows it existed. (I’d say Xena too... but can’t claim it wasn’t a big deal in its own right.)

The BBC series Atlantis as well. Short lived I think and pretty well cast with Mark addy and others in it.

I can’t remember how many seasons I watched. My step-siblings and I BINGED the crap out of that show before show binging was a thing. Lol.
It was awesome! I can’t recall how many seasons I actually saw of it, but the characters and banter, etc was just classic. Haha

I’m throwing out this gem of a show I came across in recent years with a actress I always liked, Relic Hunter. The show was pretty good and interesting yet I don’t think I know or encountered anyone that talks about it or knows it existed. (I’d say Xena too... but can’t claim it wasn’t a big deal in its own right.)

Sydney Fox. Boy, did I ever love me some Tia Carrere.

646348a51cf78ede023982fae1809c03.gif

Yes! Forgot her characters name since it’s been a bit since watching it. But me too, always loved some Tia Carrere, also always have liked shows and movies I’ve seen her in looks aside.

Same. I love her characters, her voice, and how she seemed to like strong, smart female roles. What I like about Sydney was that yes, she was always changing her cloths mid-conversation or just on camera for no reason, but it wasn't that she was slutty or promiscuous, she was just such a hardcore archaeologist that she didn't have any of the girly embarrassment or insecurities. Like one of the guys in the locker room, she simply didn't care. That was so refreshing and interesting to watch as a young male. I remember getting that about her when most of my friends just thought it was just about blatant sluttery, almost like satire. I have no doubt the production/writing knew what it was doing, but it also had character layers as well. So it wasn't like they just sold her character out for the sake of a skin show.

Same. I love her characters, her voice, and how she seemed to like strong, smart female roles. What I like about Sydney was that yes, she was always changing her cloths mid-conversation or just on camera for no reason, but it wasn't that she was slutty or promiscuous, she was just such a hardcore archaeologist that she didn't have any of the girly embarrassment or insecurities. Like one of the guys in the locker room, she simply didn't care. That was so refreshing and interesting to watch as a young male. I remember getting that about her when most of my friends just thought it was just about blatant sluttery, almost like satire. I have no doubt the production/writing knew what it was doing, but it also had character layers as well. So it wasn't like they just sold her character out for the sake of a skin show.
Agreed! Simply a incredible talent with a wider array of ranges then some people in the business. She can also sing, so there was pretty much no ceiling to her work and potential of the roles she could play. Haven’t seen her in anything recent but I grew up on Wayne’s world, lilo and stitch, other roles she had during that time of her career. (Only wish I knew about Relic hunter sooner then I had, think I might go back and find it for some rewatching.)

(Only wish I knew about Relic hunter sooner then I had, think I might go back and find it for some rewatching.)

I was just thinking the same thing. I have a Roku TV, so I'm now wondering if it's on any of the dozen or so streaming platforms I have. I know I saw it somewhere within the last year or so, I remember googling both of her supporting roles because I liked them both in that series and wanted to know what the supporting male in particular had been doing/done. I can't recall if it might have been on cable, or if it was indeed the Roku channel or Tubi, one of those good free options that often have rare gems like Relic Hunter or Young Hercules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back