• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

The Mad Queen

Memento Mori. Unus Anus
adpuloba8a2.png

mothman.jpg

The year is 2040, and the Earth as you know it is drastically different and a lot more dangerous. In 2020, humanity made a discovery that changed everything. For centuries, beings had walked the Earth that had hidden themselves from humanity. Texts talked of the undead, of fey and of demons, devils and more living amongst us had passed into legend.
But all legends start from somewhere.

A chance encounter in war-torn Ukraine, a hot zone being broadcast across the globe by reporters led the discovery of the devils first and those we call the strange, the dead and the rest of the damned soon followed. Ancient treaties and laws keeping their world separate from ours, keeping them in the shadows shattered overnight and the world soon shattered with it. Seeing the footage, of reporters and soldiers on both sides being torn to pieces sent large chunks of the human race into a blind panic.

They cried out for someone who would protect their families, their countries and their possessions from the horrors, they cried out for saviours to send the monsters back to where they came from. Whether that was the Feywilds, Hell or back into the Earth it did not matter. They wanted them gone. Some saw it as their civic duties to take up arms, and much like in any crisis there were those seeking to take advantage.

Countries went to war, and some turned into theocratic dictatorships in the years that followed. They did not care about religion, even in the face of devils and demons. They cared about power, and in the end many of them achieved it and have clinged on. Many didn't stop with the outsiders and deemed many other groups as impure sinners or traitors among other things.

The twentieth anniversary of the Pervomaisk massacre approaches and since that day humanity has made leaps and bounds in technology. Cybernetics, so that humans could keep up with the stronger outsiders. Weapons: to counter them and machines to take the place of security to reduce the risk of human life. In rarer cases, some even mastered the magic of the creatures they were fighting as a means of fighting fire with fire.

The world as you know it is drastically different and a lot more dangerous, but not without light.
Away from the prying eyes of governments, some outsiders and humans help each other and work together. Some are looking to build a better world, while others are just trying to survive, clinging onto hope despite the darkness.​

Now I won't lie, this RP and it's world might be a bit bleak at times but I want to balance things out. Less humourless grimdark and more of a mixed bag. Sure, there is darkness in the form of the oppressive dystopias but light in seeing the average people and helping folks.

7397c0919de60f1425ad03c4ce83d0a4.jpg

1.) Cap on characters per player is 5. Should you want to create a new character upon reaching your limit you will have to write them out of the story or place them in Redshirt Status (see Character Sign-up for details). The cap on players for the RP is 9 (not including the GM)

2.) You cannot kill somebody else's character without their consent and the GM won't kill characters without giving a warning first. If it looks like your character is about to do something outright suicidal, I will give you a chance to save them. Your actions in RP will have consequences, so keep that in mind. My inspirations for the RP include World of Darkness so be aware.

3.) Please try to be respectful towards each other. In-character conflict is fine but OOC hostility is not.

4.) I expect to hear from you at least once per week. Whether that is a post or an update as to why you can't get a post in (whether that is school, work or a personal matter you'd rather not share I will understand completely). However, if you go a week without notification I will assume you have dropped from the RP and will give you seven more days to respond. If after that period of time there has been no word, you will be kicked from the RP and your characters will die in spectacular fashion.

5.) All players are expected to keep up with posts. We write these posts to build a story together, not to ignore the works of others. You wouldn't want your posts ignored, so don't do it to them. There isn't a real way of me enforcing this rule, so it's just a rule of thumb for respecting the work of other players. I also expect you to at least take a look at the lore page before joining.

And finally, two more general notices that aren't actually rules:
Collab posts are not only allowed, but encouraged.
Do hit me up if you have suggestions for the RP or just want to ask questions. We have a Discord (the link to which can be found in the OOC thread).

apudlobb3a0.png
Time: 9pm
Date: October 10th, 2040
cdfa3f75a69e54dbf7f5d22e5ed346b7--african-american-art-african-art.jpg

The stranger approached the farmland on horseback, a transport of times long since passed sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the drones and harvesters that operated amongst the wheat fields by themselves. The farmers of old had been replaced by machines that did the work ten times as fast and ten times as effectively. The stranger glanced at a harvester as it filled itself up with wheat using long, metallic arms.
"Package full. Returning." The computerised voice spoke as it turned away, lifting off of the ground and flying deeper into the farmland. With a sigh, the stranger patted his horse's mane and rode off after it, taking great care not to collide with any of the wheat fields. Machines or no machines, this was still somebody's livelihood and he would take great care not to trample on it.

With life finally returning to Beijing, they needed the farmers now more than ever. The horde had been dealt with, and the birth rate was rising once more. Just under two billion people lived in China now, some of them foreigners while others had family lines going back centuries. The stranger was neither, for he was merely passing through.
After a few minutes of riding he came to a farmhouse, tied his horse up outside and walked to the door, rapping it gently. He removed his hat as he waited outside and glanced upwards.
Being far away from the city also meant that he could see the stars, just a glimpse but it was enough for the stranger to lose himself for a few moments. He was pulled back to reality as the door opened.

"Good evenin', do you speak English?"
"Of course." An elderly gentleman on the other side of the door answered "What brings you out here, Mr..."
"Barnes. Max Barnes." He nodded "Somebody told me in the village you'd be havin' a bit of trouble with your flock."

The elderly man didn't reply, but took a step forwards while he studied the man, his eyes like a hawk.
"Yes."
"Well, I'm offering to do somethin' about that."
"For what price?"
"Name it. I don't really need the money per say, sir but I do need a little to keep myself going."

The gentleman sighed "Very well. Come inside, then."

The two sat at a wooden table inside the old farmhouse while the gentleman tapped a watch on his wrist. A hologram shot out, displaying the image of a sheep lying on it's back. It's eye was widened with fear, and it's guts were sprawled out on the ground, turning the grass red.
"Was the heart missing, sir?" Max asked
"Yes." The gentleman nodded "How did you know?"
"It's common for some Lycanthropes to eat the heart." He stood up from the table. "Just point me in the direction of where this sheep was found and I'll get to work, sir. Where are the rest of your sheep now?"
"I have them locked up inside. All those that are left, anyway.
"Keep 'em in there. At least till I can give an all clear.

Placing his hat on his head, Max made his way towards the door. With the location in hand, he hopped onto the back of the horse and rode off.

****​
On the back of his horse, Max rode off into the night. The farmland stretched for miles, it was almost the size of a city and protected by large, metal walls. It had taken a while but he found a hole. Something had burrowed it's way from the other side, but in doing so had left a trail. Off of his horse Max sniffed a fistful of dirt and concentrated.
It smelt like a Lycan alright, a Werewolf to be exact. He shook his head, tutting as he made his way back onto horseback and took off once more. The hills surrounding the farmland could've been filled with all manner of creatures, but that didn't deter him.
He pressed onwards, coming to the top of a hill and getting a vantage point. The half-eaten carcass of a sheep was spotted out the corner of his eye, it's head missing and it's wool soaked in blood. He started to ride towards it. The lucky find would point him in the Werewolf's direction, he just knew it.

douaplbb3a1.png

Time: 1pm
finn-jpg.629492
The politician walked the streets of his city, inbetween four bipedal machines armed with rifles that scanned around every corner, their eyeless faces glaring at every citizen that passed by. Men, women and children all got a glance at the politician. Some were disguised by his very presence while other smiled and waved to him. He waved back, a smile across his own face to greet the people of his city.

A small drone, no larger than a pigeon flew towards the politician. While at first his mechanical bodyguards pointed their rifles at it, he raised a hand and they stood down. The drone hovered in front of his face.
"Message: Your presence has been requested in the town hall."
"By who?"
"I am not authorised to give that information."

His eyes widened. It had to be somebody of importance, which meant he was being handed a new task or he was in trouble. He hoped it was the former, and he made his way through the streets of the harbour town, a mixture of fishermen and mechanics on a march towards the town hall. It stood at the very end of a city street, an electronic clock hovering above a Victorian styled two storey building. It was the oldest building in Birthwater, a remnant of the town that had come before he had chosen not to tear down, merely to renovate, to bring it forward with the times due to it's historical significance.

Making his way up in the lift, he arrived on the top floor and marched into his office. A wooden desk took up the centre of the room, an armchair with a leather cushion behind it. The room was adorned with pictures of a time he yearned to return to, of a home he'd lost but also of the life he'd managed to make. A family portrait sat at his desk, displaying the politician next to a lady with red hair that was slowly turning grey. In the middle was their son, a young boy of around five years old. He had his mother's hair, but his father's eyes.

He glanced at the photo out of the corner of his eye, and snapped his fingers. A holographic screen appeared in the room, and on it was the image of a man that was the spitting image of the politician. His hair was black but outside of that there was little to tell them apart, outside of a few wrinkles.
"George?" The politician asked
"Finn." His brother nodded "I assume this line is secure?"
"As always."
"Good." He took a breath to compose himself "The Emperor has a task for you."

Finn relaxed his muscles, but made sure to stand up straight.
"Cutting right to the chase, then? Very well."
"Yeah, I'm afraid this is purely a business call. The military has reason to believe a group of Scottish insurgents may have made their way over the border and are looking to cause trouble. I need you to keep an eye out."
"You think they'll pass through Birthwater?"

He slowly nodded
"Just, report back to me if you hear anything. We can't afford to start a panic."
Finn nodded in response "It will be done."

5C378675-F587-4605-915C-8828757FA959.jpeg.jpg
Aleki Payne McGovern

Aleki sat in front as he held some cards in his hands and grunted as tossed his cards down and glared towards the S.A.M. and muttered "I have worked with other witchers yet when you play poker... I have little to no odds." the bot chuckled as it showed a full house ' Well we are built to almost be equals to the witchers. and if I am right.. you owe me a hundred credits.' He shook his head as he pulled out a card and tossed it to the bot. it had fast reflexes as it caught the card with ease. he nods as Aleki looked around the storage bay of their ship. he sighed " I can't believe I have a job in America.. well at least the nobility pays well."
He leaned towards the main doorway and yelled out towards Marissa " how much longer Mar? my credits can't survive another game against Adam."

04f27e60f69977ae8da8487c8f78d2d5e.jpg
Marisa Claire

Marisa sighed as she wore her light flight suit as she had the ship on autopilot. she smiled at the thought of last night. she bit her lip as she wanted to grab her boss and have him mount her but stopped as she heard on her headset ' You Have entered The New Founding Fathers AIr space. Please state your reason for trespassing.''She chuckled at the words and spoke clearly " This Marisa of the Witchers Corporation. I have a witcher and his AI unit as well as supplies. My boss told me we are here on a job for the nobility. There may be fey in the area. We have our flight codes." she said looking around and rummaged around in her cockpit and pulled out an old piece of paper " The code is.. 3879029. Could you direct my coms to flight control so I can find a reasonable landing spot?"
She waited for a bit and then she smiled as she was given a few beeps of her code going through the computers. she nods and grinned as the voice was now robotic ' Please make way to runway 47. Know that the air space of the area has little traffic. Hanger Forty is the quietest and the one we give to witchers. You still have another hour but we have sent your systems the codes so it should land with ease. Welcome to NFF Marisa Claire and Witcher Aleki l. Please report to customs after landing.' She laughed as she leaned back as the ship was advanced and knew her baby could land her self.she closed her eyes as she yelled back " we still have an hour you old bastard!"

Last edited:
David Mercutio Rosenfeld

David hurried into the break room, rushing toward the coffee machine with an empty mug in his hand. He hadn't eaten anything since the granola bar he had at six, so he was running primarily on caffeine and pure will. The kids scheduled for checkup so far have been well behaved, which was a blessing from the gods, because there was usually one little guy who's out for blood. Thankfully, he didn't have anything scheduled until later, so for the mean time he had to catch up on his charting and maybe get some food in him.

After filling his mug with coffee, he released a sigh of relief. Shoulders hunched, mug kept close, he walked out of the break room and into the hallway, where his shared office was. He sat down at his desk and began filling in his charts.

"You know, I heard somewhere that you could actually get energy from food." A voice chastised behind him. "Maybe you should try it sometime." David turned to see the smirking face of his longtime co-worker, Jason Maris.

"Wish I could, but I got another appointment in an hour and I'm behind on my charts." He replied, returning to his work.

"I'll tell you what," Jason offered, approaching his desk. "I'll do the basic stuff, and you can go out and get me a sandwich. While you're out, you can get yourself something to eat." As he was saying this, he was pushing David out of his chair. Stumbling out of his seat, the half-dryad turned to grimace at his co-worker. "I'm thinking roast beef this time." The man said, casually sitting down to get to work, even having the audacity to sip from David's mug.

With a sigh of defeat, David walked out the office. Weaving his way through the hallways of the busy hospital, he worried over his reports, twiddling his thumbs until the fresh air of the outside world hit him. God, how had he gotten here so fast? Mumbling a complaint about the cold weather under his breath, he stalked his way toward his parents' shop.

Last edited:
Artemus
The boy with the crooked smile

It wasn’t supposed to be dark, yet. Artemus’s eyebrows furrowed together, in not-quite concern, as he gazed up at the unexpectedly overcast sky. He checked his watch. Any minute now...

Around him, a pack of restless boys lurked outside Tom’s Pizza. Don’t let the decidedly un-Italian sounding name fool you. Tom’s Pizza was the best in the neighborhood. No cap.

“Hey, boys!” Came the always jovial voice, which belonged to the always jovial pizza join owner, the eponymous Tom, “I’ve got some deliveries that need goin’.”

In a neat, orderly fashion, the kind of crisp organization one might expect of junior ROTC All-American types, not the rough-around-the-edges, punk-ish rabble that wouldn’t look out of place lurking down dark alleys, or huddled around burning cars, the boys loaded up on pizzas, hauled it to their bikes, and were off. Soon, only Artemus, and Tom, remained.

“Quite an operation you’ve got,” Tom mused as he watched the last of his pizzas be ushered to its final destination. Artemus, for his part, watched Tom. The boy knew Tom didn’t need to employee his crew. These days, automated bot delivery systems were a dime-a-dozen.

“Yeah.” Artemus agreed. He hated small-talk. They fell into an easy silence. Distantly, he could hear the sounds of the city, his city. Traffic near-misses, horns blaring, angry men and women shouting at other angry men and women.

“Well,” Tom said, and patted his belly, “I better get back in there. Make sure old Mac hasn’t cut off another finger.” He retreated back from whence he’d come.

“See ya.” Artemus saluted, Tom chuckled. Until next time. When the door slammed shut behind him, Artemus turned, shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans, and trudged toward his next destination. It was time to work some magic.

Thunderheads billowed overhead as he walked, blown in by a wind borne out over the ocean, or something. He felt his pulse hammering in his chest as he turned a corner to find the rest of his boys waiting for him. They stood in a lazy half circle, surrounding a lazy circle of lit candles, surrounding a plexiglass bowl filled to brimming with a sheer black liquid.

From the looks on their faces, everything had gone off without a hitch. Just to be sure, he looked to Ben, a boy his age, but nearly double his size. Solemn Ben gave him a solemn nod. Good.

“All righty, gents.” Artemus said, rubbing his hands together greedily. “Let’s get to work.” Lightning shimmered across the sky. Thunder cracked! It was going to be a wild night.

66C80490-6CB6-4369-9C86-B1EA43F28099.jpeg

pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7pm
gvhGq1l.jpg

-TWO HOURS AGO-

"Paladin Dawson."
Hazel's eyes opened, and she found herself standing in a glistening, white room. Decorated on it's walls were black crucifixes, but in the centre of the room was a podium, like that of a courtroom judge. Much like the room this was white as well, but had a tint of light grey in it's foundations. Three figures sat behind the podium all wearing white robes with crosses on their chests.

Hazel's own outfit was a set of sleeveless red robes, a white cross on her chest. While at first she examined the flesh around her arms, she quickly bowed her head in respect to the panel.
"We have a new assignment for you. You will carry it out with the efficiency our order is recognised for." The middle figure spoke
"As always, your holiness. What's the assignment?"
"You are to travel to America and await further instruction. This is a need-to-know mission, and we will be in touch. Transport has already been arranged for you."
"America?" Hazel asked, her head raising slightly "Are you sure I'm the right person for that job?"
"Are you questioning our decision, Paladin?" The third figure asked
"Oh, of course not. It's just..." She shook her head "Nevermind."
"Very good. Gather what you need and we will be in touch."

The world went black for a few seconds and when Hazel came to she sat in thin armchair in a long hallway. There were dozens upon dozens of chairs at her side, all of them had people with their eyes shut sitting in each one. Some wore office suits, others the uniforms of Paladins. She was the only woman amongst them. With a slight sigh she looked at her cold, robotic arms.

****​
The time on her display read eight am when the small hovercraft touched down. It was a one person vehicle, with only one seat but it more than made up for the lack of comfort in it's speed.
"Paladin Dawson you are cleared for landing. Proceed to runway forty seven and await inspection."

Dawson tried to recall the last time she'd been to America. A memory of a training assignment with American special forces came to mind, but little else. The country and the planet was completely different then. While Hazel waited in the chair, the door opened and a few soldiers stepped inside.
"Paladin Dawson?" One of them asked, a large and rather gruff individual who had his face concealed by a helmet.
"Yes."
"Hmm. I was expecting someone else."

He tapped the side of his helmet and the one room hovercraft was basked in the blue light of a scanner.
"Confirmed. You're clear, Paladin. Welcome to America."
Hazel just nodded in response and stepped off of the hovercraft while it docked itself. Customs was full of people going back and fourth but there seemed to be at least one soldier or a drone for every person there.

Some hovered overhead, others were bipedal. The NFF did not mess around when it came to security, especially at customs. She walked with a briefcase in one hand as she made her way through. Being part of the Empire did come with it's benefits and she was waved through the various checkpoints, arriving in a lobby area. Soldiers patrolled it to, and it was decorated with symbols of the NFF and a few holographic screens. One in particular caught her attention as it displayed the most wanted. It did not disclose their crimes, merely showing their faces. An elderly man with a grey, bushy beard was the first, followed by a few others. Some of them even had cybernetic attachments.

She sat down, and awaited further instruction from the Empire.

In area: Aleki Aleki , Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
daoulpbb3e3.png

5ead5a7ba138b1e80ca3d00054a7b2f2.jpg

Autumn was Thistle's favourite month. Her little patch back in Greyseer's territory was locked into a nearly permanent Autumn for all twenty months of the year. The very few trees in the city were shedding amber leaves, and as one brushed past her face, carried by a small gust of wind she could not help but think of home. Her life back in the Feywilds had been boring, but it was still her life.

Catching the leaf and clutching the stem in her right hand she made her way down the city street. To the eyes of police and the drones that flew overhead she was a normal nineteen year old. Her strange coloured eyes, her wings, the marking on her forehead the glow of a Fey were all locked away. Only she and other Fey could see Thistle for who she really was.
Humming to herself while twirling the leaf in her hand she suddenly felt her stomach rumble and caught the eyes of a shop selling food. With her mind occupied with the prospect of lunch, she almost bumped into a passer by.

In area: MToki MToki

David Mercutio Rosenfeld

On his way toward the shop, he became distracted by the falling leaves of autumn. David couldn't believe that it was already October. Seemed only yesterday he was just a mere medical student, panicking about what field to go into. Now he had an office and got to be called "Dr. Rosenfield". As he wondered about his past, he walked nonchalantly down the street, not expecting to nearly crash into another Fey.

"Sorry, I wasn't..." He trailed off, as he saw a small, glowing pixie. David stared in curiosity and in shock, trying to remember if his coffee tasted any different today. "I wasn't looking where I was going." He said, hoping to pass off that awkward pause as something else. There weren't that many fey, beside dryad, that he'd actually met before, and seeing as how some reacted to halflings, he decided it was best to pretend he couldn't see who they truly were. So he continued on with his journey for sandwiches, pulling his best 'I definitely didn't see anything' smile.

Interactions: The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Aleki Payne McGovern
Time: 7 PM
Aleki grunted as the ship landed in and he cursed up a storm " What do you mean I can't bring my damned personal APV?!!" he said over a coms in his helmet. he groaned as he kicked the wall as Marisa smacked him upside of his head. he sighed and hung up " we go by foot from now on. and it is still a good days walk." he said as he had Adam follow him. he wore his military armor and walked without care as two swords hung on his back and he also had a riffle and several clips of ammo. he also carried a pistol and had a knife on his vest. he wore a cloak as he pressed the front of his chest where his wolf pendant sat. the helmet came off his head with ease as it came apart and became part of the armor. Adam carried his rifle and pistol yet the pistol looked part of his hip and the riffle looked like a block on his back. They stopped as Marisa joined them as she wore her armor. her pistol in a holster and her rifle on her back. they looked like a military force as they walked tough many checkpoints with ease and had only to have an electronic lock on the weapons. he walked to customs as he pulled his pendant to the scanner. The eyes of the pendant glowed as he smirked at the man behind the glass. " that's right. now hurry up. I have a job to perform. I was asked to handle a fucking fey issue in new york. Remember... the longer I am in line and not killing... means more humans missing."
The man went pale as eh nods and authorized him as he walked into the lobby and he sighed as he pulled out an earpiece. he made a call and grunted as he got a call " your holiness. I am here. the job you described sounds.. personal. so I will make it brief. Who is the person I am to work with? after all, time is money. and I need to get my blades wet with blood." he said with a dark look. he nods as he hung up after told he will meet the person soon.

Interactions : The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7:15pm
gvhGq1l.jpg

A light buzzing went off inside of Hazel's head and she made her way towards a bathroom. Setting the briefcase down by a sink she checked to make sure it was clear and focused on one of the mirrors, tapping on the side of her head.
A hologram appeared in the reflection, that of yet another robed Paladin.
"Wednesday is a delightful day."
"I prefer Sundays myself. It is a day of rest."

The hologram nodded "Authorised. Paladin Dawson." It spoke blankly
"So tell me about this mission."
Her own reflection in the mirror was stripped away, left instead with the image of somebody else. A well-dressed young girl, no older than eighteen stood there was the mask of a smile upon her face. She had dyed pink hair and blue eyes.
"Eleanor Douglas."
"Douglas? How do I know that name?" Hazel muttered
"He's a Duke in the Emperor's court. This is his daughter. She vanished yesterday but drone footage picked her up in New York four hours ago. I think you can understand how sensitive this mission is."

She shook her head "If the Emperor can't protect the children of those close to him..."
"Precisely. You are to bring Eleanor home at any cost. We have reason to believe she may have run afoul of a group of Fey. They have a presence in New York, one the NFF can't quite stomp out."
"Those fuckers can be tricky. Am I doing this alone?"
"No. We've hired a Witcher."

Hazel scoffed "Seriously?"
"They don't ask questions, and as far as he is aware he's just dealing with a Fey problem and a possible missing persons. He shouldn't know who Eleanor is...Better to involve a Witcher than the NFF."
"How will I know what he looks like?"
"He's the only other person in the lobby packing heat. Good luck, Paladin Dawson. Do this right and the Emperor himself may reward you." The hologram nodded "Rule Britannia."
"Rule Britannia." Hazel repeated, placing a fist over her heart as the hologram vanished. With a heavy sigh she scanned the bathroom once more and reached into the suitcase, producing a small needle that she injected into her thigh. Her bi-monthly dose was out of the way now, and it was time to get to work. Shutting the briefcase she made her way into the lobby.

The hologram had been half-right. The Witcher wasn't the only one carrying guns, but he was the only one that did it without the decorations of the NFF. She overheard something about him wanting to wet his blades with blood, and rolled her eyes as she approached.
"Witcher!" She called out "I hope you haven't been waiting long."

In area: Aleki Aleki
daoulpbb3e3.png

There was something about how the stranger looked at her that drew Thistle's attention, just for a second away from the idea of lunch. There was a strange feeling in her gut too, and it wasn't her stomach rumbling. After a moment of staring at him with a raised eyebrow she started to follow the man down the street.
"Hey." She called out, jogging to catch up to him. Although appearing human had it's upsides, she missed being able to fly all the time. "Do you know any good places around here for food?"

She wasn't the best at making smalltalk, but it would do. She had to figure out what was up with the stranger.

Aleki Payne McGovern
Time: 7:15PM

Aleki turned back to the woman and sighed “ I swear.. I was sent from the empire on a holiday and could have sworn I prayed to your god for a woman who looked just like you. Now you must be my guide. So I guess I am to assist you in the job. Just as sure as I know the Fey well and can handle their kind.” He said as he pulled his pistol and pointed at a soldier and smirked “ hello vampire.” He said as he walked towards the soldier and tore off his helmet and smirked as he held the gun next to the poor guy’s head “ nearly got away with it... just didn’t account for a Witcher coming so soon?” He said as he pulles our a vial of human blood and holds it under his nose. He smirked as the eyes go black out of thirst .” And now I have proof. Must have been months since the last sip of blood.” He said as he stepped back and called out “ as my oath I am bound to slay your kind.” He said as his pistol starts to hum loudly “ with this I free your soul!” He said as he fired a silver bullet as the vampire’s head explodes. He wiped the blood off his face and nods as he turned towards the paladin “ now you know how I work. I am simple and effective. I am your scalpel. Use me and your enemies will know fear and your allies will know peace.” He said as Adam warned the rest of the folks away from the body as Marisa started to talk to the commander on how to clean up the mess and told him in detail on how to dispose of the remains.

Last edited:
pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7:20pm
gvhGq1l.jpg

"You asked God for me?" Hazel managed a half-smile "I'm flattered." She hung back as the Witcher singled out the Vampire and blew a hole in his head, merely observing. It was a good way to see how he ticked. She rolled her eyes as she stepped towards the Vampire, looking down at the gaping hole where most of his head used to be. She reached for a vial on her belt and poured it's contents onto the body as it started to twitch. Right as one of it's arms stretched upwards she ignited the fluid with a lighter. The sound of screeching filled the lobby as the remains twitched and turned like an animal struck by a car but the wild screeching didn't last forever as the creature fell silent.

A few soldiers were on guard, their rifles pointed at the Paladin and Witcher but Hazel folded her arms.
"You might want to do an overhaul of your troops. Vampires aren't the only ones who can hide. Fey, Skinchangers, Devils." She took a few steps towards one of the soldiers, her arms now by her side "Succubi. And that's just to name a few." Hazel scoffed "Put your dick away before you turn this embarrassing case of infiltration into a diplomatic incident."

The Paladin turned on her heels, approaching Aleki while the NFF soldiers in the lobby disposed of the Vampire's charred remains.
"Here's the deal, Witcher. I hate these creatures just as much as you or any other human with an intact brain but we will not execute them outright unless they aren't of any use to us." Her voice was hushed, yet strong "Now, if we were here to cleanse an area and move on it would be different but a citizen of the Empire has been taken by a Fey cell active in New York. My duty, first and foremost is to bring her home alive and in one piece."

She rolled her eyes at the sight of a few more NFF soldiers moving towards the scene. "So we capture first, kill later. Am I understood?"

Interactions: Aleki Aleki

udpalobb535.png
scottish-hair-color-winning-beautiful-irish-redheads-29-s-suburban-men-photo.jpg

Time: 2pm
Date: October 10th, 2040​

Clang
Clang
Clang
The sound of metal striking against metal filled one of the blacksmith's ears, while the other was tuned in to music. Placing the blade into a pot of water to cool she set the hammer down and reached into her apron to produce a bar of chocolate. The redhead took a firm bite, and wiped the sweat from her brow with her wrist. She stared out of the forge and onto the streets of Birthwater.

Although the streets were packed, with citizens and with the drones meant to protect them not a single customer had approached since early that morning. Then again, Wednesdays were always slow outside of a few people collecting orders.
With the blade still cooling she made her way back into the shop, sitting behind the till.

The shop was small and cosy, yet decorated with weapons. Swords were displayed under the till, while arrows were stuck to the wall. The blacksmith sighed as she watched the door and took another bite of her chocolate bar.

"And now, for the Emperor's daily address." A computerised voice spoke "All citizens. Your attention is required."
She rolled her eyes as Rule Britania blasted from the speakers of the shop. It was a legal requirement in order to keep the doors open, little else. Rather than listen to the Emperor prattle on, she placed another earbud into her ear and put on her own music to drone out the address. After she'd lost count of the amount of daily addresses she'd had to sit through, she stopped listening altogether.

It wasn't like state officials checked to see if everyone was listening, or if they did they didn't care enough to arrest everyone caught elsewhere during the addresses.

Aleki Payne McGovern
Aleki smiled at her “ good to see we think alike. Take me to where she was staying a week before she disappeared. I need samples of hair, her favorite perfume, and need to know what she ate the most. Also would help if I know the personality of the target. What is her habits and does she have pet? These can help. Everything is needed. Also I can use a tracking method by scent.. and keep the jokes in your mouth.. if you want to keep your tongue.” He said firmly as Adam made sure the flames were out before collecting the remaining fangs and placing them in his body. Aleki nods to Adam and Marisa “ pilot!! Get the clearance to get my APC moving!! Use my grease funds if needed. We have a fey issue. Also change all ammo to iron.” He said as the bot walked to him and he nods Adam.. you are with us.”
‘ you sure about that boss? Last fey used my husk as a potting plant.’
Aleki chuckled “ that was a Druid my friend. But you have iron and sigals to prevent nature magic. So let’s move. Lead the way. Oh and the first changeling and you leave it to me to question.. I love how they scream as you try to cut their wings with a dull iron knife.”

pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7:30pm
gvhGq1l.jpg

At first, Hazel was carefully going over in her head what to disclose to the Witcher. Knowing that the captured girl was a British citizen was one thing, another to spill the beans on her being connected to royalty. With her hands behind her back she walked next to the hunter, eyes front as she scanned customs. If there had been one Vampire hiding in the midst, she told herself that there could've been other creatures hiding as well. Her focus turned back to The Witcher when he threatened to cut out her tongue. Anything out of his mouth following that was just white noise to her. Something about iron weapons was all she picked up on.

Only her superiors got to talk to her like that, and most of the time that was because she just had to take it.

Stopping in her tracks, she turned around and let her arms fall to her side. Towering above the Witcher she took a few steps towards him.
"I will not be threatened by a mercenary." Her voice was louder now, and a cold venom oozed from every word "I have told you how it will be. You will follow my lead, we will rescue this girl and you will not threaten me again." Stopping directly in front of Aleki she stared down at him. "Little Witcher. Little parasite." She hissed "A little hunter who delights in making noise and plucking the wings from flies and Pixies, pretending he is important. Pretending he is dangerous." Her eyes were wide now, staring intently at the man behind the helmet.
"If you threaten me, you threaten the Empire I represent while I walk in this stinking shitpile of a country." Her voice returned to a hissed whisper "If anything should happen to me, not only will you not be paid but they will hunt you down and skin you."

She leaned back "You enjoy Changelings screaming. I'm sure there's people in my Empire who'd like to see what a Witcher screaming sounds like...We will proceed, and if you ever threaten me again..." Hazel took one step back "Use your imagination."

Aleki Payne McGovern
Aleki rubbed his chin and muttered “ do you remember what happened in old Brazil? They hired the Witchers but killed one. We killed every civilian and member of the military. And took the children as compensation. “ he said as he gave her a cold tone.” Now lead the way. I need to gather the items so we can get this over with. Unless you want my ever pleasant company.. I hear from women that I am beyond great in bed.. even my pilot agrees.” He said as Marisa moved quickly as she blushed inside her helmet and worked on gathering the permits to get the APC authorized. Adam shook its head ‘ don’t mind him. I am the one you normally talk to. I am his civil voice.’ It said as it looked at him. He shrugged.
‘ besides we have to have those items to find the person. And we can be quiet.. for a price.’ It said as Aleki grinned at the bot and patted its shoulder. He loved his bot. It sure knew how to be both civil as well as cutthroat when it came to money.

pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7:30pm
gvhGq1l.jpg
"No wonder Brazil was lost to an army of the Damned. Great job. You lot wiped out not just an entire country but also a lot of potential employment. I mean, I knew you lot only really cared about money but I didn't take you for inept children." She hissed coldly, turning away to show she was done with the mercenary's threats. Hazel audibly gagged at the suggestion of sharing a bed with the Witcher. "Typical." She muttered to herself, squeezing the ridge of her nose "A mercenary who doesn't care for country, nor the lives of others. Just so long as he has money in one hand and a tit to squeeze in the other."

She turned to the robot next, letting out a heavy sigh "The girl's name is Eleanor. She went missing in London but reappeared in New York four hours ago when she was seen on drone footage. White, eighteen, blue eyes and short pink dyed hair. Now, if your boss could keep it in his pants we should be able to find her. And you will be quiet if you want to get paid at all. My mission, and so yours is to bring her back alive and in one piece. If you start gunning down every Fey you see with the same kind of bullshit attitude you lot showed in Brazil then Eleanor will die." Hazel approached the front door of the airport, watching as civilians and NFF soldiers alike, accompanied by drones poured through the front doors.

"I'd say we need to get a closer look at that footage. From there we can pin-point her location."

Aleki Payne McGovern and Adam
Aleki sighed as he followed as Adam just followed the woman ‘what are your habits? Does she frequently go to certain stores or restaurants? And we need dna.. you know how changelings can turn into the person we are after. So please.. acquire the supplies for us.. besides you described a member of the court.. ‘ Aleki stopped and grabbed a newspaper and opened it as he reads and muttered “ that reminds me.. Adam.. the market for iron is going up so when the job is over buy a few hundred in the iron mills.” He said as he stopped and muttered “ we are being watched..” Adam nods ‘ It seems that they already know who we are.. just act normal.’ Aleki growled abit and kept moving as he shook his head “ look I hate having cover.. so what is the story if we have to go to the freedom fighters?”

David Mercutio Rosenfeld

"Oh, my parents run a sandwich shop on the corner down the road." Dave said before he could consider any of his words. He could've just said no and moved on, but there was a part of him that was too polite to lie right to a strangers face. His mom was definitely going to be surprised that he willingly invited a pixie into their establishment, he wasn't sure what would happen after that. She never showed any real distaste for other fey, she simply thought many of her colleagues were backwards when it came to her choice to elope with a human. His dad wouldn't even notice, not that he could see the pixie in the first place. Even if he could, the old man wouldn't mind serving fey, he did marry a dryad after all. Nervously, Dave gesturing for the woman to follow him. "I know I'm biased, because I'm their son and all, but I think my dad bakes the best bread in London."

pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7:35pm
gvhGq1l.jpg

"Only if she's been taken to the Feywilds already, and by that stage it'll be far too late." Hazel corrected "Still, there's other kinds of Fey that could disguise themselves at her. Thankfully for us though, their disguises aren't as foolproof as a Changeling."
The outside of the airport was packed to the brim, and Hazel had to narrowly avoid bumping into one or two civilians as NFF soldiers inspected them. Men, women and children were arranged into their own lines and there was a full line of soldiers and flying drones patrolling outside, with the drones basking the crowd of civilians in blue light as they scanned them. She had to turn away at the sight of four young women being escorted by two soldiers. They wore hoods to cover their heads and kept their heads bowed.

Her attention moved back to the Witcher and his robotic companion as a drone flew ten feet over their head.
"The NFF watch everyone. So watch what you say." She leaned in closer "As far as the Empire is concerned, the Resistance is a terrorist organisation and any contact with them will be regarded as an act of treason...That said. Be my guest. Just don't let the NFF catch you..." She leaned in even closer, her voice little more than a whisper at this point. "They're even less forgiving than the British for that sort of thing."

In area: Aleki Aleki
daoulpbb3e3.png

Thistle's eyes widened, a smile being drawn across her somewhat peculiar face. "The best in London, you say?" Now this was an experience the Pixie couldn't afford to miss out on. She zoned out for a minute, wondering just what she would pick before coming to her senses. If she was dazed for too long, there was a chance that the stranger would simply get bored with her and wander off. She would be left to her own devices, never knowing for sure what the best bread in London tasted like.
She would end up wandering the streets, going from shop to shop in search of the best flavour and eventually be driven mad with the knowledge that her wandering mind had cost her something so dear. A truly sad day in the life for Thistle Greybloom.

"Got to taste this." She thought out loud, jogging to keep up with the man. Even if she was disguised as a human, her legs were still small compared to his. "If your dad's a baker, what do you do?"

Artemus

Scrying was delicate work. If the scry-er... Scrier? Bah! Person who does the scrying, whatever... isn’t careful, they might get lost, their soul, tidily severed from a still-warm body, set adrift in the vast, limitless ether between worlds. Luckily, Artemus was a pro.

Elbows knocked, feet shuffled, necks craned for a closer look. Everyone huddled around Artemus as he performed. The bowl of black liquid was as still and placid as a mirror. In it, Artemus’s reflection stared back up at him, a pale likeness of a boy. His eyes were glassy, far-away. His hand hovered mere inches above the water’s smooth surface. For a brief moment, Artemus stopped breathing.

A flurry of panic murmured over the crowd, but a stern voice rose to quench it. Artemus was rising to his feet. The bowl had been kicked over, its contents spilling onto and mixing with the gravel, asphalt and dirt. In a commanding tone, he bellowed,

“All right, ladies and gents. We’ve got company. Fresh off the boat. Let’s roll out the welcome wagon. Easy marks this time, so I don’t want any excuses when it comes time to countin’.”

He divvied up responsibilities, gave loose descriptions of the richest, most gullible travelers coming in, which ports they used, and where they’d be staying, to his fences. When they had their orders they scurried off, to fetch their loot, their tools, whatever they needed. Artemus trusted them. They were professionals.

“Where you goin’, A-man?” A voice he recognized asked.

“Couple o’ military types. I wanna scope ‘em out. If I need ya, I’ll signal.”

The boy who’d asked, nodded. They bumped fists. In a moment, the alleyway was deserted, just as a patrol drone floated by.

Later, Artemus loitered around the milling people exiting the airport, his hands shoved into the pockets of a black leather jacket that fit him so well it might’ve been a second skin. Coincidentally, he stepped out onto the sidewalk just as a trio of ahem, interesting characters was walking by.

“Cheers!” He exclaimed, tipping his head to the man, the woman, and the other thing, as he quickly shuffled past. His shoulders shuddered against an unfelt wind. He turned.

“‘Scuse me,” he offered, “Pardon my rudeness, but, are you folks lookin’ for anything in particular?”

670C062D-C740-4389-B51A-58BF3D0B6401.jpeg
The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
Aleki Aleki

David Mercutio Rosenfeld

"I'm a pediatrician at the hospital a few blocks away," David said, slowing down just a bit to help the lady catch up. "My mum was a nurse, so I guess I got it from her." He remembered all the days where he and dad would visit her in the hospital, bringing her lunch, and pretending to run rounds. It only made sense that he went into medicine, maybe in another life he was a pastry chef. "What about you? What do you do?" He asked, genuinely curious. He assumed pixies had a harder time doing some jobs, considering their size. Then again, she probably had some sort of magic to help with that.

pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7:45pm
gvhGq1l.jpg

After quietly scolding the robot for asking dangerous questions, Hazel looked onwards. On top of finding the girl, she found herself on babysitting duty. Still, if she proved she could keep her companions on a leash while returning the daughter of friend to the Emperor himself there was little doubt she'd climb a good few steps on the ladder.
Processing a plan in her head, her attention was grabbed by a teenager, or what appeared to be one. Looks were deceiving, even for humans. At first, Hazel thought about just dismissing the young man but a thought occurred to her.
Teenagers, children and the elderly all had one thing in common. They were ignored, at least by the majority. Perhaps this young man had seen something or heard whispers and those responsible would have been none the wiser given his age.

"We are on rather important business. A matter of security, in fact." Hazel explained rather formally "If you've seen or heard anything in regards to a missing person, now would be the time to tell someone. There may even be a reward in it for you."

Interactions: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Aleki Aleki
daoulpbb3e3.png

Time: 1:05pm
"I...Um..." Thistle paused once more. Inside, she cursed herself. She'd been on Earth for a few years now, surely she was better at lying than this! "I'm a singer. In fact, I sort of travel around performing." She smiled "That's why I asked you about food in London. I haven't been here long and well, I don't want to go to the next gig with food poisoning." A human problem for a human girl, the perfect lie. She went from cursing herself on the inside to patting herself back on the back.

"The only thing I take after my mother is her eyes." There was so much more than that, of course but she couldn't disclose it to the paediatrician. Wings and magic were beyond what the majority of humans understood. Unless of course, he wasn't human. She recalled the feeling in her gut when she got close to him. Questioning him directly would be too risky, especially in London of all places but perhaps there was another way of telling.

"Where is this place?" She asked

Aleki looked towards the kid and smiled at the idea of hazels. He smirked as reached into his cloak. He pulled out a small wad of bills “ you keep your ear to both to the sky and ground.. if you want more that is.” He said as he slipped the wad of hundreds into the kids hand. It was a easy thousand. He looked to the side and muttered “ I can ensure a suitable reward. Even.. a apprenticeship as a Witcher or even give you a personal recommendation to the paladins.” He said as he offered the kid a smile . He reach into his bag and pulled out a old phone and made a series of calls and spoke “ ahhh!!! Yes.. yes.. look the last job nearly got me killed. So if you have info of a empire girl kidnapped by the fey.... yes a woman.. and where she might be.. and ensure she is still alive.. yes your debt will be paid in full if you provide good intel.” He hung up and sighed “ well I called in a few favors to get it cleared up.. now I have my intelligence looking out for fey related incidents. Even looking for fey magic.. many can use magic so if they left a trail then it is easier.” He said as he looked around” where is the nearest mechanic?” He said as he pointed at his left eye.” I could use a adjustment..” he said with a smile. He knew many but it was a known secret that mechanics also delt in information for Witchers.

Last edited:
pluoadbb3db.png
Time: 7:50pm
gvhGq1l.jpg

Hazel gave The Witcher a slight squint "I thought you bribed someone after the gave you information, not before. For all you know this kid could know absolutely nothing and you've just handed him some of your hard earned income." She turned, facing Artemus with her hands rested on her hips as she stared the young man down "Well, child. Do you happen to know anything. This girl we're looking for is white and eighteen. She's blue eyes and short pink dyed hair. Her name is Eleanor and she should have a bit of an English accent. That sort of person might stick out around here."

Her eyes moved towards The Witcher once more "He's already paid you in bulk, but I can put in a good word for you with the Empire if you know anything."
Interactions: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Aleki Aleki

Aleki smirked as he looked at the kid. If the kid was smart he would have counted the cash one bill at a time. What Hazel didn’t know was he also marked the kid if he was asked to find a new soon to be Witcher. He always kept the corporate first. Besides he had the spare dough to pay the kid. In fact he found it while he was cleaning his rifle two days ago. He knew it would be useful.
Adam looked around and leaned towards hazel “ if we don’t get out of here.. I am afraid the locals will see us as in paying for a child to join your beds.” Adam stopped and a drone short circuit quickly. He turned and wiggled a finger at a soldier. “ the local military tried a system hack. Anymore and I will have to report this to the corporation so a hefty fine is placed.. around five million for trying to tamper with private military units. And maybe even the cost will be one hundred kids.. doubt the government here wants to deal with that issue.” Adam said as it turned to hazel “ so let’s move. And kid please be quick about it.”

Artemus

Well, that was easy. Artemus weighed the cash in his hand. The easiest he'd ever made. He hadn't even done anything for it. One word came to mind: sucker.

He listened - or at least, looked like he was listening - attentively as the woman described their person of interest. In fact, the description did strike a chord. Maybe because it was unusual. Maybe because if he'd seen someone like that around here, he'd be sure to remember it.

The man was shuffling to move off. That was fine.

"Hm..." Artemus stroked his chin. "I think I might've seen somebody like that..." He was towing a line here. A man, and woman, with a gun was still a man or woman with a gun, sucker or not. He fanned the wad of bills in his hand. This was good enough for now. Don't get greedy, Artie.

"I will keep an eye out... But, uh, how am I going to reach ya if I find anythin'?" This he asked to the woman. His face said, Can I have your number? Sometimes he couldn't help being a little shit.

670c062d-c740-4389-b51a-58bf3d0b6401-jpeg.632217
The Mad Queen The Mad Queen
Aleki Aleki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back