Experiences What RP sites did you use to roleplay in?

My role playing journey began in 2006 on a now deactivated website called Quizilla Forums. So many memories. Haha.

This is cite is my beginning. I'm a late you bloomer you could say as I'm already legally considered and adult *shudder* (ripe age of 18).

uH,, my rp days started off on this virtual game called "Smallworlds", unfortunately, it's been shut down. TvT

Dead Frontier, and some Asperger's forums wayyy back in the day. Two of them are gone, and one has become a toxic hellhole I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. No idea what happened to Dead Frontier to be honest, I've never really bothered to look. Essentially a few of my RP buddies left and one died of cancer, so I didn't find a reason to stick around. Furthermore, you needed to get to level 5 in the game in order to access the forums so after I lost my old account, and considering all that happened I just couldn't be arsed. That was years ago.

Around the time I took a hiatus from this site, I tried Iwaku for a while. When the groups system broke an RP from here moved to there, and I went with them. I ran another group myself until that died and finally I was in two RPs and signed up for a third that never took off. First RP was pretty good, while one had a very absent RP runner so it fell apart.
After all that, I came back here and sort of left that site behind.

I used to RP on a site called Roleplayer Guild, but I eventually grew tired of it, since I found its community to be less active than this site. I also find this site's community to be much friendlier (in comparison). RpNation for me is also more user-friendly. The first RP site I ever roleplayed on was some obscure site known as TheRolePlaySite or something along those lines. It's pretty much dead at this point. After that experience and before finding this site, I wandered the internet for sites to satiate my thirst for quality RPs, but most of them were either terrible or had too few members. Eventually I found this site, and the rest is history.

I never roleplayed on there! I was 13 and didn't know what that was, I just wanted to upload pictures of my Megaman OCs LOL

I remember when DG-sama and Raymei were like, some of the most popular artists on the site. DG was the reason I went to Gaia, which is where I learned about RPing, and then I eventually ended up here after like, ten years....

Haha. I think DG-Sama is still on Fanart. I followed my friends PunchenAngel and Dryfter. We were god-awful artists but we didn’t care. We ended up at DevaintArt and Gaia. I think we left over some silly drama. I can’t really remember.

Anywho, I love seeing people who started at the same place I did!

Gaia as well. I felt like a big fish in a small pond when I moved to RPN, it was nice.

Gaia consumed my creativity for many many years! I think I joined between 03 and 05 and I stayed pretty active until almost 2010. It blows my mind that Gaia still has a strong following to this day.

i started roleplaying on Warrior Cats Forums! Basically like a forums group that started as a discussion for the novel series Warrior Cats [ started by the company itself ] and it slowly morphed into a roleplaying community! They shut down a while ago though ;-;

I used to go to shamchat but it was, like, five years ago, back when I wrote one-liners only hah
Then, I moved to Tumblr, then Kik, then discord, geeking.
I still roleplay on Tumblr, discord and geeking but it's hard to find a good roleplay these days :/

Wow, I've been through a lot of places. Started on quizilla, then Twitter, IMVU, gaiaonline, and I've been on Tumblr for most of my of time spent roleplaying. I also dabbled a bit with RP.me but that didn't stick.
I use Discord and LINE as kinda a platform to do 1x1's with my friends, but that's about it.

I first started on Bebo and the Proboards forums when I was around 12/13 years old. When Bebo shut down and the forums I was a part of died out, I then moved to Roleplay Social and Writers Genesis.

Now I’m on this site, The Dark Hour forum and Roleplay Domain.

I used to roleplay on roleplaygateway when it was fairly popular. It's kinda dead now which sucks, and the website has a habit of shutting down for hours on end, sometimes days.

I used freeyourselfroleplay.com for quite a while, but I prefer RPnation, people here are more active and tend to continue most of the roleplays.

Started with goSupermodel. After it closed however, I went over to Rollenspielhimmel, and here.

i started on gaia and then moved to roleplaygateway when i was like 14 and then used figment too - both are p dead

then this site but the coding make me tear my head out and then it changed and then it changed and i went to tumblr and now i'm back here again and i still can't code.

I used to RP on a site called TwilightSucks lmao like 12 years ago. Then I moved over to Facebook, made a TON of character accounts and RP'd that way. My group had a lot of drama so I quit that and then moved onto figment about four years ago. My RP buddy, unfortunately, passed away so I stopped RPing until now. My husband and I have an RP we go back to sometimes on discord, but I haven't replied in literal months lol And he's trying to get me into Star Wars: The Old Republic for RPing, but he works so much he doesn't have much time to help me out with it though. I've really missed RPing so I'm hoping to get back into it here =)

I started out on MySpace when I was about 12 or 13. Then I moved on to Quizilla/Quotev, and ended up on the Guild for a few years.

I started as a wee little homestuck on MSPARP using dashes for actions and not understanding the difference between in character and out of character. I then upgraded to Skype, which later became Kik, then geeking which was followed by the dying app known as Rolemance and now I’m here. Just... living my best life.

This will probably reveal how ancient I am, but I started on:

- Yahoo groups back when they were a thing
- Livejournal back when it was a thing
- then moved on to several specialized forums, created specifically for separate fantasy/fandom RPs (even created and lead one)
- had a long break
- ended up here when I had a withdrawal

Who/what site is responsible for you entering the role play scene?

I started rp’ing on a site called Figment

I role played there for a whole lot of years... started when I was 13 and I’m almost 21 now. So I got a lot of time there. It shut down this year though *tears*

RPN was a good find, though. People here are interesting, original and literate thank God.

I started on skotos and got excited enough to pay for a year on the site, but afterwards I just couldn't fathom spending money on it anymore. Then I went to roleplaygateway and made that my home until I realized I needed space from the site...the glitching did not help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back