Experiences What RP sites did you use to roleplay in?

Oh man, I've roleplayed on Warrior Cats RPG, Twitter, Chatango, a couple forums, Chatzy, Omegle...None were all too great aside from the forums I found. Now I usually roleplay on Discord servers.

I used to RP on Gaia back in the day but it’s so hard to find reliable rp on there anymore
I also used to do FB stuff but the rp community there is elitist and toxic af

I started in middle school on Warrior Cats RPG (shudder).

On WCRPG, it was about as much as you'd expect on a site where the target demographic is 12-year-old girls obsessed with magical cats, but I have some good memories.
OMG You were at Warrior cats too!!!??

I did MyWarriorCats, which I became a mod at, which turned into TeenRPG, which turned into Swizeo, which is now PetAdoptables. Then I did a bit of tumblr, a bit of Omegle, that sort of thing. Really started on Gaia though!

I used to rp on gaia a little bit, but I mostly rped on totally separate forums like this, or recruited people to personal sites from neopets since the ban hammer worked something fierce (and over the most random shit vs. anything actually bad)

Where only the brightest of minds collaborate.
I am of course speaking of Roblox. (It had an RP forum, not joking.)
(First site i've ever RP'ed on as a kid, when I look back on it I kinda recoil in shame. :closed eyes open smile: )

A long time ago it was Game RPing in Roblox, then Forum style in Roblox where everyone was toxic and elitist so i left, after that i hopped on Gmod and after awhile got bored of constantly hearing people screaming "RDM!" barely ever even because of me tbh.

After Gmod was Arma 2 Zeus's which i stopped doing because Arma 3 was released and i started playing that, then i migrated from forum to forum looking for chill people and after awhile, stayed here.

I started on...Wait for it...Roblox.

Yes, I started on Roblox. Found a few serious RP communities/games there, then started with forums and Discord RPs and this is where I am since.
I started RPing when I was like..11, 12 ish?

ssssigh embarrassment

Like these fine people, I, too, began my roleplaying career on ROBLOX all the way back in 2012. I was the entity known by many names, but most prominently as Timpookie. I stuck it out until the bitter end. Indeed, I come here today merely to reconnect with the old ROBLOX roleplaying community, for I am the brightest mind that Obsidian referred to and I am the elitist that Arion referred to!

So, fellow ex-ROBLOXians, how are you guys doing?

Like these fine people, I, too, began my roleplaying career on ROBLOX all the way back in 2012. I was the entity known by many names, but most prominently as Timpookie, A godlike figure in the eyes of many revered for my ego and my sense of grandiosity. I stuck it out until the bitter end, while also running my own website since 2015 - a proboards site simply known as "Bannanachair". Indeed, I come here today merely to reconnect with the old ROBLOX roleplaying community, for I am the brightest mind that Obsidian referred to and I am the elitist that Arion referred to!

Also, whoever the hell keeps editing that wiki page that I gave the link to with insults directed at me and links to here, please go screw yourself.

Like these fine people, I, too, began my roleplaying career on ROBLOX all the way back in 2012. I was the entity known by many names, but most prominently as Timpookie, A godlike figure in the eyes of many revered for my ego and my sense of grandiosity. I stuck it out until the bitter end, while also running my own website since 2015 - a proboards site simply known as "Bannanachair". Indeed, I come here today merely to reconnect with the old ROBLOX roleplaying community, for I am the brightest mind that Obsidian referred to and I am the elitist that Arion referred to!

Doing pretty good ! I mostly stayed around this community called ATF/After The Flash. After awhile it became toxic, so i ended up hopping from place to place, everything from supernatural RPs to slice of life. Had an account on RPN for awhile, but had abandoned it, came back, and here I am. Id say its been pretty decent, you ?

I started on GoSupermodel years ago. Then I switched to roleplay on instagram, but I quickly got bored of sending one-liners back and forth, and moved to this finnish site to look for partners. Now I mostly write on RPN, Discord and email.

Man, shout out to all the old Gaia online people. Wonder if any of my old rp-buddies ended up here.

We should start a Gaia Support Group for all the former Gaiaturds on here.

My humble beginnings started in the summer of 2005 on a social media website still known as Bebo. It wasn't directly made for role-players, more so, it was made for connecting with friends -- much like how Facebook is nowadays. I discovered then, on Bebo, people who were portraying as people that weren't themselves. They played all sorts of characters from movies, anime, manga, and even TV shows. I gave it a shot, and now I'm here 13 years later.

Bebo was my primary medium of writing up until the year of 2013. It shutdown for sometime and then was brought back as an app.

I then discovered a website known as RPS or Roleplay Social. That was in 2014. That place had so many face changes, it was hard to keep up. A clone of that site is still up.

Here recently I've stopped visiting Roleplay Domain due to the site's poor numbers.

Now, I'm here.

I first began getting into RP on a site called Magistream - they had a section for forum RP and I ended up giving it a go and getting really into it.

I can't recall specific sites, but I used to be on a fair number of Warrior Cats RP websites.

Then there was one more website that I was on for a while...Lost Children, or something along those lines.

I think I first started on KAF (Keiichianimeforever...Or something) when I was 10 or something
Then in 2003 when GaiaOnline had been out for a few months I joined (And I still use it..I know...)
I did dabble in Tumblr roleplaying but it got so...cringy.

I’m a Neopets kid. Discovered the role play threads about fifteen years ago, RP’d there on and off for years until the post filtering became too much of a pain in the ass to try and get around.

I got my start on Horse Eden Evening it's a horse RP site that is also a breeding game. I'm still on it to this day XD

I started on skotos and got excited enough to pay for a year on the site, but afterwards I just couldn't fathom spending money on it anymore. Then I went to roleplaygateway and made that my home until I realized I needed space from the site...the glitching did not help.
The glitching on RPG was the worst!

Wow a lot of people came here from WCRPG... same here haha, I started in middle school during my warrior cats obsession then eventually grew out of it. I'm kind of on Xanje now, but no one seems to want to roleplay on there anymore unfortunately

oh jeez... at first? AOL chatrooms. EZBoard. Which I think became ProBoards. Got onto some email mailing list RPs. Gaia Online. Neopets. LiveJournal. InsaneJournal. Tumblr. Twitter... so many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back