Experiences What RP sites did you use to roleplay in?

Gaia as well. I felt like a big fish in a small pond when I moved to RPN, it was nice.

I started in a forum I created on fanfiction . net.(was fourteen at the time) I still have one person I RP with over there.

My first RP site was Roleplaysocial though I think it closed down recently which is saddening. I was very close to all of the members, moderators, even the site owner as I was someone who people could talk to about their problems. Though I now use RPN and love the community!

Where only the brightest of minds collaborate.
I am of course speaking of Roblox. (It had an RP forum, not joking.)
(First site i've ever RP'ed on as a kid, when I look back on it I kinda recoil in shame. :closed eyes open smile: )

Last edited:
I started probably back in 07, on Ponybox (yay another horse game responsible for Roleplaying!). I had started on the Paint server with my friend, and we were both kind of horse crazy kids. Ironically my first Roleplay was not about horses, but rather about Wolves. They used to have a very active "Games and RPGs" tab to the forums that I was in love with. I would get on every day to reply and chat and would be there from the moment I got home from school until I had to go to bed. Summers were worse, I literally wouldn't leave the computer.
Sadly, Ponybox has downsized, turning in to a 1 server game (where there used to be 5), with no RP forums. And most people don't like to RP on the General forums. I still play (the 20 year old horse nerd I still am inside) but it was really hard to Roleplay anymore, so I went on a grand adventure to find more. I tried a couple sites, but a lot of them were very specific (This is an entire site for one roleplay type gig) and I like the freedom to roleplay what I want when I want where I want, and a Google search brought me here. So here I am, giving this site a try! So far, so good!

I used to role-play with a guild in Free Realms back when it was up, and we had a separate forum that we used which has since gone down. Eventually I was part of a Percy Jackson role-play in a dedicated subreddit but I kind of drifted away during high school since I didn't have the time to be active. Now that I'm graduating and heading off to college I'm looking forward to being able to get back into RP on this site

Surprisingly, I started right here.
While playing RPG(Pathfinder) with my friends, I was often drawn to the roleplaying part instead of the fights and weapons and whatnot. I started to search and found this site, and how you can write a story with other people without the needs of stats and dice.

I started back when I was in my early teens via AOL IM. I then joined a site called TimeMeld. It was a proboards forum and that's where I got the idea to start my own proboards forum site. I don't remember the exact age of when I started but I'd say it's been somewhere between 16 or so years at least.

Crazily enough, I started on a teen forum for Christians back in 2004 (it was all I was allowed to do at the time.) Had a lot of good times though, met a lot of cool people. None of our RPs were "christian" at the very least, it was just a ruse for our parents :P I ended up RPing there for 6 years. Everyone got older though, got married, got big people jobs and things dwindled.

I'm so glad I found this forum. It's nostalgic and not in all the best ways. :)

it's so totally embarrassing that i cant even believe that im sharing it, but moshi monsters skdjksfjksdgjg

Wow! I love this thread! I started on fan fiction and fanart central. I can’t remember which came first back in the very early 2000. I bounced around in Proboards and forums for a bit. Then I was on GaiaOnline and deviant art in 03. I struggled finding the right place to rp before finding RPN.

I used to be a pretty active user on the TV Tropes forums, where in addition to the regular discussion boards they had fun little games in which you impersonated whatever character you used as your avatar. Also, until recently it was one of the only sites my school didn't block. There were "official" roleplay threads but for some reason I never joined those, probably because at the time I was too lazy to write up an entire application sheet. : p It's still around, but most of my old online friends don't frequent it anymore and so I don't have much of an initiative to visit. I moved to this site because it seemed more optimal for RP purposes and users contribute on a more daily basis.

Last edited:
A long time ago it was Game RPing in Roblox, then Forum style in Roblox where everyone was toxic and elitist so i left, after that i hopped on Gmod and after awhile got bored of constantly hearing people screaming "RDM!" barely ever even because of me tbh.

After Gmod was Arma 2 Zeus's which i stopped doing because Arma 3 was released and i started playing that, then i migrated from forum to forum looking for chill people and after awhile, stayed here.

DeviantArt, Chicken Smootie, Some sort of lion king site?, another vague RP site I abandoned, but it was one of those that made you create character pages, balto source.

I use Skype and this site to RP. I tried tumblr but I find it hard to get RPers on there. -shrug-

Roleplaygateway was my very first one, i was there for years. Tried to go back recently but with the updated layout i couldnt tell if it was still alive lol

I used to go on random themed sites id find, and tumblr for a small time. Tried gaia but never stayed long.

I dabbled a little in Wolfquest, way, way before you had to pay for it. Those were the good 'ol days, the Roleplays were so simple-- I would join again if I had the proper computer

I know! That site is what really introduced me to rp. Before that site I mostly wrote smut fan-fictions.
I never roleplayed on there! I was 13 and didn't know what that was, I just wanted to upload pictures of my Megaman OCs LOL

I remember when DG-sama and Raymei were like, some of the most popular artists on the site. DG was the reason I went to Gaia, which is where I learned about RPing, and then I eventually ended up here after like, ten years....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back