Experiences What RP sites did you use to roleplay in?

Elise Ebele

General of the Gen/Ran
Who/what site is responsible for you entering the role play scene?

I started rp’ing on a site called Figment

I role played there for a whole lot of years... started when I was 13 and I’m almost 21 now. So I got a lot of time there. It shut down this year though *tears*

RPN was a good find, though. People here are interesting, original and literate thank God.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started on quotev, I’m still on there but it’s difficult to find new people to rp with because they shut down the groups:( I still love the site, but I’m worried it’ll eventually shut down.

Twitter! It held me captive for six years, but I have finally abandoned it and I shall never, ever look back.

I started in middle school on Warrior Cats RPG (shudder).

On WCRPG, it was about as much as you'd expect on a site where the target demographic is 12-year-old girls obsessed with magical cats, but I have some good memories.

Gosh I didnt actually know any of those were rp places.

Strawberry Ink Strawberry Ink I honestly thought neo pets was a toy. Was it kind of like Club Penguin?

HarleyQuinnRomance HarleyQuinnRomance I hate when sites do that. There is nothing that will kill a rp site quicker than loss of membership.

velleity velleity I didnt know you could rp on twitter.

marshmarrow marshmarrow I feel like I may have been on a site with that name before but I dont recall.

Did we all get in to rping around 13ish?

(Heads up I was a complete noob)

I started on a site called ponysquare. But they shut it down and I found this beauty of a site. Refuse to go anywhere else hah

Gosh I didnt actually know any of those were rp places.

Strawberry Ink Strawberry Ink I honestly thought neo pets was a toy. Was it kind of like Club Penguin?

HarleyQuinnRomance HarleyQuinnRomance I hate when sites do that. There is nothing that will kill a rp site quicker than loss of membership.

velleity velleity I didnt know you could rp on twitter.

marshmarrow marshmarrow I feel like I may have been on a site with that name before but I dont recall.

Did we all get in to rping around 13ish?

I started around 14 or 15:)

It was a combination of IRC (channels and private messages both) and a MUSH for me, about... 18 years ago at this point. Though the first RPing I did on IRC I didn't even classify as RPing because I didn't fully understand the concept as of yet.

Yeah i have had similar periods. Namely, when i started college, and when i was temporarily banned from my site...

Who/what site is responsible for you entering the role play scene?

I started rp’ing on a site called Figment

I role played there for a whole lot of years... started when I was 13 and I’m almost 21 now. So I got a lot of time there. It shut down this year though *tears*

RPN was a good find, though. People here are interesting, original and literate thank God.

Ahaha, yahoo chat rooms. I never attended forums, sadly.

I started on chicken smoothie it was a lot of fun but everyone I rp with on that site stopped logging in and I stopped going to that site about 10 years or so ago now. Gosh it's hard to believe its been that long sense I've role-played on any site, no wonder I miss it.

Oh gosh, I remember chicken smoothie haha. I didn't RP on it though (Pretty sure my sister did?)

My introduction to RP was an odd one I suppose. I actually started on Flipnote Hatena. An app for the Nintendo DSi where people posted art and animations. Nearly all comments/replies were hand written on the DSi touch screen haha. It was a weird way to RP since each reply was a hand drawn sketch (or a few) of whatever your character was doing, paired with dialog so in the end you had a super long comic strip of the events of your RP. As you can imagine. I got a bit of a culture shock when I had to switch comic strip style for paragraphs of description at first haha.

Hatena shut down years ago and I had all these characters I couldn't use any more from it. Years later when the RP bug bit me again I floated around the internet until this site caught my eye <3

Gaiaonline - or as I like to think of it •pretty art but toxic people•

I hate it now. Which is a shame, there are some decent people swimming through the trash wasteland but I just don’t feel like seeking them out.

Got started on chicken smoothie. It is super oppressive now as the mods have all kinda rules for the littles to have PG experiences ( and they play hella favorites)

But it was an excellent place to get a start on roleplaying

Other than RPN, there are three sites I've roleplayed in in my life. One of them was after joining RPN, so I guess it doesn't count here, but the other two were Digimon forum RP (to which I have recently made a comeback) and DeviantArt

@velleity I didnt know you could rp on twitter
I'm surprised, considering how many rp accounts exist there.

Twitter and RpN are the only places I have ever RPed. Twitter was pretty great at first! There are so many people to interact with and there was plenty of potential for any kind of storyline you could imagine! But unless you have the patience of a saint to wade through the millions of "hi! *smiles*," smut, and crack rp, it's not worth the effort anymore. It's too full of nonsense, drama, and cliques.
____

holy cow, I didn't realize how many mediums there are for rp! ? Or how young everyone was when they started! I didn't even know rp was a thing until I was kind of forced into it when I was 17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back