• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom What Remains (Survival Multi-Fandom)

Polibias
New York (Stupid metal blimp)

"May I ask a question?"
Polibias spoke flatly as he wrenched his claws through the metal barricade in front of them, the area seemingly sealed via command. The doors seemed like the least thick from the orkish deduction (though he had little faith in their credibility) and thus Polibias had started clawing his way through the door; his considerable strength allowing him to slowly claw through the titanium as though it was frozen butter. He turned to the madame as he reached the top of the leftmost door side.

"You.. Speak to yourself. While I find that usually your own company is the best, I've never had the urge to express it...aloud. Is there someone you are talking to?"
Polibias's tone was polite, but he had little doubt in his mind. Effective as she was, there was plenty chance that the mistress was completely mad - from her nonchalant reaction to his arrival, to her speech with the apparent warlord 'ghandi'... It would make her difficult to predict, but potentially more exploitable. Regardless, he should never rule the fact that she was working for someone else, despite how much she seemed to loathe authority.

-SCCCHCNNNNNNT-

A loud bang announced the door was no longer sealed, and with a metallic bang the once fortified upper layers of the ship were exposed to the menace of Karla and her... Unusual crew.
(apologies for the short post.)​

Parasoul Renoir, Valerie "Valentine", Patricia "Peacock" Watson, and Sienna "Squigly" Contiello (& Leviathan)
-New York-

When the group arrives at the docks, a lifeboat is spotted. "Everyone, on there!" Molly yelled, pointing at the lifeboat and the group begins to make a run for it. It was an intense run with all the fire that has been happening. All of them jump onto the lifeboat as it sails off the coast and away from the now-destroyed New York. Everyone catches their breaths.

The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Venkman: Haven's Spear
"We'll use her spaceship for evacuation." Brian explained "In case there's Sleepers and you guys can't open a portal."
LaCroix narrowed his gaze, looking at the Sin Eater now "You have doubts in this plan?"
"With all due respect, sir. Yes. Look, I'm not saying we stand down. Ghandi needs to be stopped. But having a back-up just in case he's got a trick hidden up his sleeve wouldn't hurt."

The Vampire leaned back in his chair "Very well. Give this girl the coordinates and you'll start the attack momentarily. I wish you luck."
The group was led outside, seeing a large group of Mages gathered in the city square. They wore the crests of all Mage houses, from the Free Council to the Guardians of the Veil.
Venkman's strike team against Vortex was dwarfed in comparison, as the army of Mages stretched further into the city.
"Fifteen thousand." Brandon said, proudly "Mages from all over the South are taking part in this operation. The rest are staying home just..."
"Just in case the Seers of The Throne show their bastard faces." Venkman finished, coldly
"Yeah, that. We move out in five, so you lot better grab what you can. It's a long way to India."

As Brandon walked off to address his men, Brian turned to Venkman and rested a hand on his shoulder
"How you been, Venky?" He asked with a smile
"Not bad, considering..."
"There's a good chance a lot of those ghosts are still trapped behind the barrier. And, knowing our friend he put that thing up to protect the world from what's under that place as much as he was protecting those souls from Vortex...We'll find a way to fix this. We always do."

Venkman looked up, a half-smile growing on his face "You really think there's a chance?"
"Well, you're the one with Fate magic, you tell me." Brian chuckled
He gave Brian a gentle punch on the arm in response "Stop."

Looking at Cortova, his smile remained in place "Are you sure about this? I feel like I've asked enough of you already."
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Karla and D.Va: New York
Karla cut down a SHIELD agent and with a smile, turned to her feline companion "Shoot."
She lowered her blades in response to the question, watching as the remaining agents and Minutemen ran behind the closing doors. The soldiers were laying down their lives just to buy time...But then again, the Captain didn't think she'd allow them to live if they surrendered. HYDRA's crimes struck a cord with her, and in Karla's eyes they didn't deserve to live.
They were just another obstacle to her dream, and one she'd enjoy cutting down due to their beliefs.

"His name's Gunther. Only I can see him." Karla explained "There was another guy who could, but he was nuts. He's also very, very dead."
She raised her hands "Not my fault. Giant eyes that shoot lasers vaporised him. Any other sod that's been able to see or hear Gunther has been psychic. Kinda like, they read my mind they also hear him. Ya know?"
"That's a very simple way of putting it." Gunther said
"Hey, I'd let you explain but he can't hear you."
"Fair enough."

Karla drew her blades again as the door burst open, being the first one through the breach. She, and the Orks behind her stood before a makeshift barricade made out of derelict computers, office chairs and pieces of shattered armour. Four symbiotes stood alongside a few armoured Minutemen, three SHIELD agents and Atticus himself.

Squinting, Karla noticed that the Sole Survivor was becoming coated in the same black ooze of the other hosts. His Jumpsuit became covered, leaving little more than his head exposed.
"Hana." He said "You've got two minutes, max."
"Oh shit." Karla muttered
"This was a goddamn diversion." Gunther sighed
"That's right, assholes." Atticus smirked
"You're gonna die here, you do realise that." She snapped
"Hey, I got frozen over two hundred years ago. My wife and child died when I was in stasis, and the rest of my men are back home, being led by a friend. If I'm going to die here, I don't c..."
"Blah, blah, blah. Shut the fuck up!" Karla snapped, tossing a fireball. The Sole survivor ducked and while the remaining agents and Minutemen returned fire, the symbiotes leapt onto the ceiling, preparing to strike.

Polyblank Polyblank

-
Hana flew back into the city, picking up more wounded before flying them towards another lifeboat. With it filled, it took off, docking inside of the Dreadnought.
"Alright team, double-time!" She shouted "Atticus isn't going to last much longer."

Zamasu Zamasu

Cortova, Namorae, And Farator-Haven’s Spear
Cortova shrugs, smiling. “Hey, man, this guy needs to go down. Even if it wasn’t you asking, I’d probably come to help anyway.” Might want payment from anyone else though. She comments mentally. “Besides, you’re the one guy in this world that I think I can call a friend. I’m not gonna let this genocidal asshole pop your top if I can help it.” She adds with a grin.

Farator vanishes, teleporting back to their tent to grab some things, leaving Namorae to get a feel for this group. She looks around, feeling magic like ozone in the air. This is going to be interesting. With that vampire in the council, she does wonder how many more there are. They’re certainly not the same as the ones in her world. She is curious to see what they can do.

Venkman paused, processing Cortova's words "Well, thanks." He smiled
He thought of what Ghandi had said, of what he knew about the Mage's past. If Cortova was to know of his past crimes, would she still see him the same way? It was obvious in his grey eyes that she trusted him, maybe even looked up to him.
To some other Mages, her words would serve as little more than to stroke their egos but all it did with Venkman was make him worry more. Not just of her walking away if Ghandi was to reveal the truth, but of her getting killed. He reminded himself that he hadn't lost a single volunteer during the fight with Vortex, but his luck could easily change.

There was only so much Fate Magic could do.
He looked at Cortova and snapped his fingers twice.
"It's a tiny bit of magical protection. I hope you don't need it."

With one hand on the hilt of his sword, he approached Brandon the moment Farator returned "I think we're ready."
"You sure? There's no backing out of t..."
"Just do it."

Dozens of golden portals opened within the army of Mages, and as each second ticked by the army grew smaller and smaller as they left Haven's Spear, moving to locations across the Indian Empire.
With the snap of his fingers, Venkman opened a portal of his own, a single Twilight Gate and gestured for the Vampires and Brian to follow him. Brandon approached Cortova, gently tapping her on the shoulder
"Now, about that ship..."

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Cortova grins at Venkman. “Thanks! We’re gonna need it, huh?” She turns to Brandon, and offers a quick salute, running for her ship, and putting on her helmet. Farator looks after her, and she turns, looking confused for a moment, then nodding. She heads into the ship, and starts it up, the engine humming to life.

“Anyone planning to come with me, hop on now!” She calls over the loudspeaker, making sure her navigation systems have been patched properly for this world, since she didn’t have much time to work on them. Looks about right.

———
Namorae And Farator nod in unison to Venkman, and run through the portal together, seeming used to the feeling of teleportation. They’re fully prepared to fight for their lives once they reach the other side, knowing Ghandi could kill either of them easily.

"We'll use her spaceship for evacuation." Brian explained "In case there's Sleepers and you guys can't open a portal."
LaCroix narrowed his gaze, looking at the Sin Eater now "You have doubts in this plan?"
"With all due respect, sir. Yes. Look, I'm not saying we stand down. Ghandi needs to be stopped. But having a back-up just in case he's got a trick hidden up his sleeve wouldn't hurt."

The Vampire leaned back in his chair "Very well. Give this girl the coordinates and you'll start the attack momentarily. I wish you luck."
The group was led outside, seeing a large group of Mages gathered in the city square. They wore the crests of all Mage houses, from the Free Council to the Guardians of the Veil.
Venkman's strike team against Vortex was dwarfed in comparison, as the army of Mages stretched further into the city.
"Fifteen thousand." Brandon said, proudly "Mages from all over the South are taking part in this operation. The rest are staying home just..."
"Just in case the Seers of The Throne show their bastard faces." Venkman finished, coldly
"Yeah, that. We move out in five, so you lot better grab what you can. It's a long way to India."

As Brandon walked off to address his men, Brian turned to Venkman and rested a hand on his shoulder
"How you been, Venky?" He asked with a smile
"Not bad, considering..."
"There's a good chance a lot of those ghosts are still trapped behind the barrier. And, knowing our friend he put that thing up to protect the world from what's under that place as much as he was protecting those souls from Vortex...We'll find a way to fix this. We always do."

Venkman looked up, a half-smile growing on his face "You really think there's a chance?"
"Well, you're the one with Fate magic, you tell me." Brian chuckled
He gave Brian a gentle punch on the arm in response "Stop."

Looking at Cortova, his smile remained in place "Are you sure about this? I feel like I've asked enough of you already."
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Karla and D.Va: New York
Karla cut down a SHIELD agent and with a smile, turned to her feline companion "Shoot."
She lowered her blades in response to the question, watching as the remaining agents and Minutemen ran behind the closing doors. The soldiers were laying down their lives just to buy time...But then again, the Captain didn't think she'd allow them to live if they surrendered. HYDRA's crimes struck a cord with her, and in Karla's eyes they didn't deserve to live.
They were just another obstacle to her dream, and one she'd enjoy cutting down due to their beliefs.

"His name's Gunther. Only I can see him." Karla explained "There was another guy who could, but he was nuts. He's also very, very dead."
She raised her hands "Not my fault. Giant eyes that shoot lasers vaporised him. Any other sod that's been able to see or hear Gunther has been psychic. Kinda like, they read my mind they also hear him. Ya know?"
"That's a very simple way of putting it." Gunther said
"Hey, I'd let you explain but he can't hear you."
"Fair enough."

Karla drew her blades again as the door burst open, being the first one through the breach. She, and the Orks behind her stood before a makeshift barricade made out of derelict computers, office chairs and pieces of shattered armour. Four symbiotes stood alongside a few armoured Minutemen, three SHIELD agents and Atticus himself.

Squinting, Karla noticed that the Sole Survivor was becoming coated in the same black ooze of the other hosts. His Jumpsuit became covered, leaving little more than his head exposed.
"Hana." He said "You've got two minutes, max."
"Oh shit." Karla muttered
"This was a goddamn diversion." Gunther sighed
"That's right, assholes." Atticus smirked
"You're gonna die here, you do realise that." She snapped
"Hey, I got frozen over two hundred years ago. My wife and child died when I was in stasis, and the rest of my men are back home, being led by a friend. If I'm going to die here, I don't c..."
"Blah, blah, blah. Shut the fuck up!" Karla snapped, tossing a fireball. The Sole survivor ducked and while the remaining agents and Minutemen returned fire, the symbiotes leapt onto the ceiling, preparing to strike.

Polyblank Polyblank

-
Hana flew back into the city, picking up more wounded before flying them towards another lifeboat. With it filled, it took off, docking inside of the Dreadnought.
"Alright team, double-time!" She shouted "Atticus isn't going to last much longer."

Zamasu Zamasu
Polibias
New York (Stupid metal blimp)

"....MMhm."

Polibias opened his mouth to say something else but shut it. He considered Karla's... explanation, as it were. While multiple conscious entities within a single vessel had been an experimental method to contain living souls in vessels, it was extremely painful and usually resulted in death. The mind was not supposed to handle two arguing entities... even those who tried to cooperate and were drugged to comply peacefully, it ended up with so much confusion and neural network problems that the body more often then not either ceased to function correctly or ripped itself apart. When they had only a singular soul to command the body, making the other simply a parasite, it would often drive the host mad, as the parasite soul itself would become insane from isolation and complete lack of control, then driving the host mad either by mentally destroying them or driving the host insane via constant chatter and screams.

Then again, the dame could simply be stark raving mad. He clicked his tongue, turning only when he heard the thundering of footsteps. Polybias stood silent as the lone wanderer blathered on, tensed up as he flexed his front talons in and out rhythmically. The cat thing was...Bored, almost as if it couldn't care less about the arsenal pointed their direction - and to be honest, he really didn't. He'd done this song and game before. He'd cooed on warriors before, preyed on the fierce as they fought one another. The demon practically relished in combat - it provided the most suitable candidates for deals, but more then that - he relished in killing the damned humans. Polybias had always loathed humans to the point of questioning if the underworld had implanted it within him and his hellish brethren, but being on the surface had given him truly earned loathing of them by first hand- paw experience. They were ruthless, cunning and greedy. they had whipped the world with chains they built and made it their personal bitch. And something about that scared him, that they were manipulating a race that might be more destructive then the underworld itself. A hideous, corrupted landscape that was somehow more orderly then the land above.

So really, does it seem surprising they're completely ticked off when someone invades their moronic flying metal hunk of a ship?

He groaned as Karla shot a fireball towards them. She really didn't seem to think these situations through.

Still, a deal's a deal. The feline demon let out a hideous screech as the crew began shooting, shoving himself through the gunfire. His form began to quickly degrade, unable to sustain consistency as it was constantly pummelled by the bullets. However, the furious creature kept barrelling forward, his increased size from the demoness's deal allowing him to survive normally-destructive forces. Nearing a sludgelike consistency as he impacted the frontal firing units; he bit down upon the barricading, his teeth the only thing still maintaining consistency. There was a wet crunching sound as his mouth shoved through the impact, squelching. He could only keep this level of energy for so long.. To Hell with it. I'm not getting any deader. By god Mistress better scrape my body's scraps up...

The cat's form quivered briefly as he struck the barricade, and proceeded to nearly completely melt. Like wet putty he briefly seemed to shrink his body beginning to waver in the air as he eminated heat, only speeding the physical decomposition process. After a delay, Polybias roughly shoved his entire mass through the small cracks within the makeshift barricade's components, yelling sounding over gunfire as white sludge oozed through the barrier.

Then the screaming started as the crew's boots began to melt.​

Last edited:
Epilogue, Part 1
I don't think there is a God, and if there is I am nothing like him.

A shape appeared in the bunker, floating directly in front of the Indian Emperor.
"You are no God, Ghandi."
"I share your beliefs."
"I saved your people. I brought them here. I brought all of you here to continue your civilisations. Latveria to the Mages, I brought you here to give life a chance."
"
Who are you?" Ghandi stood up from his throne
"Someone correcting a miscalculation. I thought with all your years of experience and your technology you would lead this world into a golden age. That is why I placed your civilisation on a planet that lacked it." The God shook his head "With Xing's Alchemy, your technology and the magic of the Southern beings I had hoped you would improve this world."

The Emperor stood as tall as he could so that his face met that of the God
"So, what are you going to do?"
The God looked at his left hand, examining it and seemingly ignoring the immortal being that stood before him.
"I can change a bullet into steam, a lifeless desert into lush forests, a river of salt into drinkable water. I can even restore the dead with some effort."
His eyes met that of the Emperor's "But I cannot change human nature, or the nature of organic life. You are destined to destroy each other, even at the end of the Multiverse itself you continue to wage war, you continue to build weapons to destroy each other."

Ghandi still remained tall "I cannot die. Many have tried. I have survived being shot, having my very head removed from my shoulders and...If I was to somehow die, every single nuclear device within my arsenal will detonate."
"You would wipe out all life to save your own?"
"To save my people! To save them I am prepared to do anything. India will go unharmed as our enemies burn."

The doors to the bunker opened and forty armed guards ran inside, with Beast-Men and Anika among them.
"That is how far I am willing to go."

The guards opened fire on the blue God, but with a mere thought the bullets were transformed into feathers and with a wave of his hand almost every single guard imploded, spraying their remains over the walls of the bunker. The only one left was Anika herself, who had held her fire.
"Whether I live or die on this day, India's enemies will pay for every dead Indian with a million of their own."
"Is that your final decision?"
"You know it is."

With a wave of God's hand, the Emperor was scattered across the walls of his own bunker, leaving nothing but his cane, his glasses and his robe. Anika fell to her knees, screaming in agony.

The blue God turned away, watching as screens displayed nuclear devices detonating all over the two planets. The only regions not to take a hit were within the Indian Empire itself and Metro-Gotham, but the mushroom clouds and the sounds of civilisation's end could be heard. And yet the blue God watched.
"Attempt sixteen billion point seven seven was a failure." He muttered, turning towards Anika
"Please, just kill me..."

With a wave of his hand, the Lieutenant was reduced to a pile of ash and the blue God teleported out of the bunker, and to another. On Gladius-II he appeared in the Quiet Room, hovering above the leaders of that planet. As guards trained their guns on him, their weapons turned to water in their hands.
"Reed Richards."
"You know me?"
"I do. I was a man of science once. If you wish to save the Multiverse, you will come with me."
"Don't do it, Richards." Doom cut in
"The Doctor will make up his own mind. However, in every other cycle of Gladius where you survived to see the end only thirteen versions rejected my offer."
"What are you talking about?" Reed demanded, taking a single step towards
"This world is about to be consumed by the great hunger. I am extracting the Reed Richards of this world, so that we can continue the cycle."

God outstretched a hand towards Richards, and the scientist took it, turning back to face the others.
"Wait, what about them?"
"If you want them to live, you'll come with me."
Reed took one final look back and within and instant, both himself and God were transported away.
-
In Metro-Gotham, Snart walked down a dark alleyway that was suddenly bathed in light as God hovered above him.
"Leonard Snart."
"And who the hell are you suppost to be?"
"You have me to thank for saving your life."

Snart took a step back, leaning against one of the walls of the alleyway.
"You pulled me from the Vanishing Point right before I blew it up, didn't you?"
God nodded
"Why? Not that I'm ungrateful, but...Why me? Of all the people you could go back in time and save you picked a thief with an ice gun."
"I wanted to observe. A former criminal who changed his ways to the point of self-sacrifice...I wanted to see how you would fair in this world."

Taking another step back, Snart folded his arms "The whole point of having a lab rat is that you don't..."
"I'm telling you this now because this cycle failed. Something is coming to consume this dimension and I want to give you a chance."
"For what?"
"Go to the edge of this city. Look for apartment three zero four. You will find your answers there."

The skies blackened and before Snart could say anything, the light in the alley went out. The former thief was left alone and he started to run down the streets of the city, watching the the skies continued to blacken until he couldn't see anything aside from the streetlamps. Breaking into a full sprint, Snart saw a light at the edge of the city and was on top of it within less than a minute.
In amongst the darkness descending upon the city, the building bathed in it.
"Screw it." He muttered as he ran inside, shutting the doors behind him. Firing his ice gun, he created a wall over the front doors as the pounding started.

He took the stairs, making his way to the third floor in less than a minute and kicked the door open. With his cold gun still clutched in his hands, he searched around every corner. Three zero four was the first one on his right hand side and Leonard kicked it open. He raised his gun at the woman inside.
"How do I know you're real?" He demanded
"Leo?" She asked, raising her hands

latest

"Answer me. How do I know this isn't one of Scarecrow's tricks?"
"Leo, it's me. I thought...I..."

Dropping his cold gun to the ground, Leo marched towards his sister and embraced her in a hug.
"I'm here."
-
Ward looked towards the others in the quiet room as the pounding on the walls started. With his gun reduced to nothing by the God, he instead reached for a knife attached to his belt and nodded at the others.
Within an instant, the walls of the quiet room were torn off, revealing an endless void in front of the group. At first, the void was all there was but soon, shapes started to emerge.

Doom lowered his hands to his side, turning towards Leia
"Organa." He nodded
She nodded back, reaching for her blaster and pointing it towards the blackness as it started to close in.

Epilogue, Part 2
All we see of the stars is their old photographs.

God and a scientist stood on top of a rock, floating through reality. The scientist looked down, seeing countless stars. From his time on Gladius he knew that each one represented an entire universe. Looking to the left, he watched as a shadow descended upon the stars, consuming one after the other. For every three or four stars it consumed, another one was born and seemed to float away from the oncoming void.

"Why are you showing me this? I thought you needed my help."
"I do, Doctor Richards." God replied "We are heading towards the destruction of the Multiverse itself. It is a slow death, but one we must act against."
"Universes aren't being produced at the same rate. Eventually..." As he turned towards God, he got a nod in response "But what can I do? It took me weeks to deal with New York."

God shook his head "This is greater than you. This is about your son."
"Franklin?" Reed stared in disbelief "He's been dead for years, why..."
"I recovered a version of Franklin from one world where both you and your wife were killed trying to stop the great hunger, and I recovered a version of your wife where both you and your son were killed..."

Reed's eyes widened for a single moment and then he narrowed his gaze.
"His powers could be the key to saving reality. Alone, I am unable to stop the great hunger, as is Franklin. All I can do is buy the time of worlds with life. Even if it is an overrated phenomenon, it must continue. The Multiverse relies on it. If every single decision made creates a world, then the rate of new worlds relies on some form of life."

Reed glared down into the Multiverse again and sighed
"You need me and another version of Sue to tutor him. Why do you need me? Can't you just train him yourself?"
God looked away "I lack an understanding of humanity. Omnipotence has made me...Distant."
Reed nodded in response "I understand. I'll do my best."
"I should hope so, Doctor Richards. All of reality rests on your shoulders and those of your wife."

Reed took one final look at the Multiverse, watching as yet another world fell into the cancerous void. Although he was observing with God, part of him knew that he was watching Gladius, a dimension he had called his home for many years get consumed.
Those who weren't killed in the nuclear fires would hold their loved ones, or go down fighting. Some simply gave up, choosing to take their own lives before the darkness got to them.

It took it's time, with weeks of struggling and fighting happening on the surface of both planets but from Reed's view it all passed by within seconds and all he could do was watch with a thousand yard stare.
"What about them?" He asked
"Another version of Gladius will exist and the cycle will continue. Many of those lost will exist again, starting anew."
"Cycle?"
"Gladius has existed and been destroyed over sixteen billion times. Each time I watch, and learn.

Reed took a final look back to see that the star was gone, lost to the void and yet, another one took it's place. The star floated away from the others and the void, resting on the other side of the rock he and God stood on.
"Is that?"
"Yes. You have watched long enough, Doctor Richards. Now is the time to act."

The scientist and God walked to the other side of the rock, fading out of view from the rest of reality as the new universe started to grow.

Attempt sixteen billion point seven eight coming in July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back