Literature What "Phrase" or Quotation best represents you?

Not really a phrase or quote... but you know in the movies where.. well..

Guard: Remove your weapons

Person: *Takes off about five times the amount of weapons a human could carry at once*

Guard: And?

Person: *Removes a few more knives/guns*

Guard: .......

Person: *Removes one more tiny weapon from some obscure place*

Whatever that guard must be feeling during that one last tiny weapon removal in me. All the time. Big Mood.​

Them that don't know him won't like him
And them that do sometimes won't know how to take him
He ain't wrong, he's just different,
But his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Lyrics from “Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys” by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. They just seemed to fit me, the first time I heard them.

Aaaaaaaaah, such a hard question! Still, I believe I may have come to a good one

"It is not a sin to have doubts, it is a sin not to seek out the answers." (direct translation)

This one sentence shook me to my very core when I was young and in many ways set the path I'm on today in my life. At the time I was having a crisis of faith and went to confess the doubts I had to the priest. It was then he told me this and caused me to shift my entire perspective on religion, life and everything else. It spawned my interest in philosophy and self-discovery. It spawned my seeking to understand things on deeper levels and a different relationship with my religion.

If I were to try to put that sentence in layman's terms, one could say it means that it is fine to have questions, disagree, even argue as long as you are seriously seeking something more than it, more than yourself. There's no problem with questioning whether something is true, but if you do question it you should always persue to your utmost the true answer, be it that you were right or wrong to question it. Ending up with a wrong answer after seriously persuing one is better than not seeking out those answers in the first place.

My morals, my philosophy, outlook in the world, my beliefs on right and wrong and guilt and merit, those are all deeply informed by this realization.

"'The thing' may never happen, but how it happens depends on YOU."

"The Video Gamer works with Logic... and of course the Hit Points."

"Original Characters aren't always 'Original'- I mean, look at Sonic Force's character selection!"

Books are a uniquely portable magic.

Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.

Remember, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

-Stephen King

the one below my username

the full version is " Thinking is itself struggle, where ideology is self-assured"

Mine is when my chemistry teacher in high school said to me that "Everything is a toxin to you including water and even something as complex as your emotions if there is to much of it being 'Consumed'." What she meant by that is that Balance is key to basically... Harmony or peace of mind, or a healthy body. Even in video games, if their is to much competition it isnt fun and if its to social its to chaotic for people sometimes or just simply put... LAME.

Whats yours? :)
"I'm edgy, but I'm not the kind to cut my wrist mate."
~ Me

“The artist belongs to his work, not the work to the artist.” - Novalis

And even though not everyone likes Machiavelli for The Prince...

“Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are.” - Machiavelli

I could not stop myself. It ran from my brain and out my mouth before I could process what I was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back