Experiences What makes

There may already be a thread similar to this but my question is a bit more specific.

1. How do you determine someone is a good applicant. You accept right away or you do some digging and observation ?

2. What are your personal red flags ?

3. How do you deal with drama in the ooc? A rp swipper? ( a non gm taking over a rp)

4. What is your final straw?

5. RP philosophy?

No story times please just opinions/advice . Thank you I look forward to the answers.

I am assuming this is all specifically about groups?

1. I did both. I had a reserve policy where someone would send in their elevator pitch, hours of availability, and a roleplay sample. There would usually be a longer CS once you were accepted.

2. People who asked for exceptions to the rules. I say no vampires and they immediately ask if they can play a vampire. The answer is no now leave.

3. So I do the same thing as the site mods. If you break the rules your out. If you harass someone your out. If you try to hijack the roleplay your out (I would also put in the rules limitation on posting as well.)

4. See above.

5. If you mean how do I approach GMing? I am a manager. My job is to give everyone clear tasks and to set clear boundaries. Everything else is luck and a good group of participants.

Also my job is not to be your friend. That is the biggest mistake new GMs make. They turn it into a popularity contest. But your manager is not meant to be your friend. They can be friendly but at the end of the day they’re in charge and their word is final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back