Viewpoint What makes you nope out of a search thread?

-chokes on coffee and sputters-
For a while now I've wanted to have our filter replace those terms with soy sauce and rice and watch the chaos and confusion. Also, instead of the Holy Grail, how about the Holy Hand Grenade?

I have a long ass list for my preferences but I don't send them on a password search, but I've seen users with about two pages worth of requirements and lose interest 1/3rd through them usually. I also agree on the whole rping with someone roleplaying as a real person.
do it, i want to see all the mxm threads saying theyre looking to play soy sauce and rice. my cleric playing ass wants a holy hand grenade to take out the shitty tanks.

i have a looot of preferences, but not 26 rules about what my partner can and cant do. like, when im 13 rules in and am reading "rule 13: sass. do not sass me, i am the alpha bitch in the relationship and you will respect that" i begin to wonder whether im looking at a partner search or a dominatrix

Lol that isn't my decision but if it was it would be for april fools for sure. XD I was also considering throwing in words like wasabi and non-gmo organic unicorn meat. Just the most RANDOM food items. XD

Necromantic Necromantic I've never counted mine... -goes- it's basically 13, but I don't have things like listed off but rather categories for preferences and nothing like "dont sass me" more like explaining my writing style and stuff. So would those be rules? 🤔

Lol that isn't my decision but if it was it would be for april fools for sure. XD I was also considering throwing in words like wasabi and non-gmo organic unicorn meat. Just the most RANDOM food items. XD

Necromantic Necromantic I've never counted mine... -goes- it's basically 13, but I don't have things like listed off but rather categories for preferences and nothing like "dont sass me" more like explaining my writing style and stuff. So would those be rules? 🤔
nah, that all sounds perfectly reasonable. but i swear, ive seen partner searches that had "dont sass me" as a requirement and i always feel like "??? why is this a rule? youre not my mother?"

Confusing mechanics that the creator makes no effort to dumb down.

I.E. Okay, so to find the damage from a singular pinprick you need to roll 3d6 for the pins diameter, then divide that by three due to the size of the blade, then you're gonna have to do the ritual of finite blades, then i'll ask that you sacrifice your first born for the this next bit, it isn't required but it makes it easier. Okay so now you'll have to summon the 'Unnamed One' before drowning a village worth of people and drawing the sweat of a great elder.

Usually not that bad, but you get what I mean. Dice and other mechanics should be straightforward and easy.

I.E. Okay, so to find the damage from a singular pinprick you need to roll 3d6 for the pins diameter, then divide that by three due to the size of the blade, then you're gonna have to do the ritual of finite blades, then i'll ask that you sacrifice your first born for the this next bit, it isn't required but it makes it easier. Okay so now you'll have to summon the 'Unnamed One' before drowning a village worth of people and drawing the sweat of a great elder.

Usually not that bad, but you get what I mean. Dice and other mechanics should be straightforward and easy.
if you arent calculating that much everytime your character pricks their finger, are you even living?

if you arent calculating that much everytime your character pricks their finger, are you even living?

CP makes me feel like that though, fucking calculating every bullets damage.

idk if this counts but i was reading a thread and digging until i found out the characters were furries but--

but fr, I am constantly creeped out by fetish-oriented M/M search threads. I understand wanting to see your own relationship represented through RP (Cause who wouldn't) But you can tell certain ones are for fetishes only. Especially when they include real people in it that are known to be ace, straight, literally anything else besides the forced sexuality. Also, RPing real people. That's a big no for me. The hobby already isn't for everyone, but imagine being uncomfortable with the idea of RP and then find out people are RPing you. Shudder

I think also real face-claims turn me away. I just don't feel comfortable using someone else's face that I don't know for my RP. I wouldn't be comfortable if someone took photos of my private instagram for it, y'know?

this was fun to read lmao

*rubs hands together menacingly*

oh yes, real people rp - I don't understand that, especially when it's people like bands or youtubers. like, they're real people around your age... Not that they can find out about this and take offense but it's creepy to rp them.

Even with historical people rp I find it a bit weird, because they actually were real people... even though I do that because I do historical rp but usually I try to rp some fictional representation of a historical person rather than based on their actual biography, so I could treat it as a fictional character.

For a second I thought you were talking about ukuleles and I was like "do you do a lot of instrument roleplays?"

I got so into learning Japanese at one point I was seeing Japanese words when they weren't there. Phrases like "for Pete's sake" temporarily took on interesting new meanings.

When a person states they're bored or suddenly got more free time etc. It gives an impression they're not serious about looking for rp partner and that it won't last long. Like, if they stop being bored they won't need this rp.
It's nothing major and not really a dealbreaker, but it makes me be wary of a search thread.

I'm noticing I tend to nope out of a search thread if someone's fandoms don't match mine. Even if they're advertising for both original and fandom RPs, if we don't share any fandoms in common, I leave. It's not that I have anything against them or their taste at all - I just worry that since the media we like is so opposite, they might end up liking and inserting certain tropes or plot points into the RP that I can't personally stand. I feel like our tastes are too different... so yeah, I'll leave a thread like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back