Viewpoint What makes you nope out of a search thread?

Except I can never figure out how to make it work. :b7:;D
[DIV=margin:auto; max-width: 450px;][DIV=color:#17bebb;font-size: xx-large;text-align: center;][FONT=Niconne]Roleplay Title[/FONT][/DIV][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new][DIV=text-align: left; font-size:small; line-height:1.6em;][FONT=Open Sans]DESCRIPTION HERE[/FONT][/DIV]
[/DIV]

Behold, the basis for all my layouts. Copy it.

- Doesn't play multiple characters.
- Only plays one gender.
- Isn't open to LGBTQ+ characters.
- Fellow LGBTQ+ rpers who no-hetro-so-hard-it-hurts. Come on like really what about us bi and pan characters? Arguh. (sorry hits home man hits home).
- Lists 20 pairings, no genre, no starter ideas or anything to gauge the story they want.
- Lists of fandoms 10x longer than their originals (but advertises for original RP).

- Doesn't play multiple characters.
- Only plays one gender.
- Isn't open to LGBTQ+ characters.
- Fellow LGBTQ+ rpers who no-hetro-so-hard-it-hurts. Come on like really what about us bi and pan characters? Arguh. (sorry hits home man hits home).
- Lists 20 pairings, no genre, no starter ideas or anything to gauge the story they want.
- Lists of fandoms 10x longer than their originals (but advertises for original RP).
That's probably everyone on the forum.

Curious do you mean like Main + side characters, Multiple Main characters, or doubling (I play love interest for you, you play love interest for me) ?
As in multiple characters. Some main, some secondary, some tertiary/NPC. Not necessarily pairing off, just characters multiple of them to tell the story.

I can show you.

As in multiple characters. Some main, some secondary, some tertiary/NPC. Not necessarily pairing off, just characters multiple of them to tell the story.

I can show you.

No I was just curious. A lot of people say "Multiple Characters" and they mean like I play love interest for you and you play love interest for me. Or they just specifically mean playing two or more main characters.

No I was just curious. A lot of people say "Multiple Characters" and they mean like I play love interest for you and you play love interest for me. Or they just specifically mean playing two or more main characters.
Yeah a cast of character basically, not all played at once. Jumping between different ones and running multiple narratives.

Yeah a cast of character basically, not all played at once. Jumping between different ones and running multiple narratives.

You might describe it in that way, I don't think anyone is really opposed to doing that if the roleplay goes long enough. Most people just see multiple characters and think either you want to do multiple pairings or you want to do multiple main characters at once.

You might describe it in that way, I don't think anyone is really opposed to doing that if the roleplay goes long enough. Most people just see multiple characters and think either you want to do multiple pairings or you want to do multiple main characters at once.
Well yes it is multiple main characters at the same time. You aren't wrong and anyone who sees it like that isn't wrong either, that is literally what I'm saying.

Which I am painfully aware is like a foreign concept to new RPers.

Except I can never figure out how to make it work. :b7:;D

They're talking about this: Max-width.

"Note: The problem with the <div> above occurs when the browser window is smaller than the width of the element. The browser then adds a horizontal scrollbar to the page.

Using max-width instead, in this situation, will improve the browser's handling of small windows. This is important when making a site usable on small devices:

[This <div> element has a max-width of 500px, and margin set to auto.] <-- example on the site linked above.

Tip: Resize the browser window to less than 500px wide, to see the difference between the two divs!
"

Well yes it is multiple main characters at the same time. You aren't wrong and anyone who sees it like that isn't wrong either, that is literally what I'm saying.

Which I am painfully aware is like a foreign concept to new RPers.

Not new roleplayers I've been doing it for like ten years and I'm still not sure I understand exactly what your talking about. As you seem to be talking about playing and not playing multiple characters at the same time. You kind of contradicted yourself in your own explanations. Either way it isn't exactly a foreign concept so much as something not a lot of people prefer.

Not new roleplayers I've been doing it for like ten years and I'm still not sure I understand exactly what your talking about. As you seem to be talking about playing and not playing multiple characters at the same time. You kind of contradicted yourself in your own explanations. Either way it isn't exactly a foreign concept so much as something not a lot of people prefer.

I'm not contradicting myself I'm just trying my best to explain a concept and clearly doing a piss poor job without examples. I don't think it's actually as foreign a concept as it appears to be to explain, I feel like more people do this than people let on . . . but here I can only really explain using actual examples . . . so this is a post from an old ass RP of mine:

Two main character, two scenes separated with an underscore line (my post only, but my partners is similarly split).
Later we end up with about four different characters in play (8 totally between the 2 of us) and there are three different scenes. Does this clear up what I'm talking about?
ME said:
Montgomery stood with Eoin and joined him as he walked out of the bar. “Yes your gun in waiting and ready,” he says as they enter the busy street, quickly melting in with the moving sea of bodies that flowed through the city and never seemed to cease. When a brake in the flood of people came Monty pushes Eoin aside, tucking them both into a tiny doorway. It’s unintentionally gruff, but it was near where they would part ways.

Monty reaches into his pockets a second later. “Here the address to your nest and the lock code.” He holds a tiny chip in his palm and looks Eoin in the eyes. “I’ll be close by while you work,” he says licking his lips to wet them. “Now come here,” he reaches up, but doesn’t touch Eoin waiting for permission to insert the chip, cautious after the way he’d acted inside the bar.

Tally ignores the lurid offers from the vendors on the street, her attention focused on the way Adeon holds her tighter. The tension of his muscles promising an unbridled strength, making her belly twist pleasantly at the thought.

“Don’t you fucking dare,” Tally pinches at Adeon’s side, catching skin between her nails and presses herself into him. “I’ll let you fuck me until you’re too tired to walk, before I let you use ostra.” She tips her head up to look him in the face as she says it, the Swindled Ascot just up the street from them with it’s sickeningly bright neon signs and steroid infused bouncers.

Not new roleplayers I've been doing it for like ten years and I'm still not sure I understand exactly what your talking about.
And ah . . . honestly that is what I mean by foreign concept it is outside of your experience and knowledge. I assume this based on the fact that you asked me what I mean by multiple characters in the first place. My apologies I did not mean to frustrate.

And ah . . . honestly that is what I mean by foreign concept it is outside of your experience and knowledge. I assume this based on the fact that you asked me what I mean by multiple characters in the first place. My apologies I did not mean to frustrate.

No I understand the concept it was just your way of explaining it was confusing. As to this site people often focus more on pairings when playing multiple characters which is why I asked for clarification originally.

For a second I thought you were talking about ukuleles and I was like "do you do a lot of instrument roleplays?"
dont you?

anytime somebody lists that they want to play a submissive/uke/bottom/seme/et cetera. for one thing, this website doesnt allow smut, go to iwaku. secondly, a submissive character and a submissive are two different fucking things, peoples personalities arent dictated like this.

massive amounts of rules. i used to have a problem with doing this, myself. but then i realized... nobody wants to real 15 rules, find the secret code, and bring me the fucking holy grail. thats a huge waste of time.

roleplaying real people. i get it, we all want to bang gordon ramsay, but hes... actually a person, you know? i dont know what k-pop idols are like at home, this is really damn creepy.

dont you?

anytime somebody lists that they want to play a submissive/uke/bottom/seme/et cetera. for one thing, this website doesnt allow smut, go to iwaku. secondly, a submissive character and a submissive are two different fucking things, peoples personalities arent dictated like this.

massive amounts of rules. i used to have a problem with doing this, myself. but then i realized... nobody wants to real 15 rules, find the secret code, and bring me the fucking holy grail. thats a huge waste of time.

roleplaying real people. i get it, we all want to bang gordon ramsay, but hes... actually a person, you know? i dont know what k-pop idols are like at home, this is really damn creepy.
-chokes on coffee and sputters-
For a while now I've wanted to have our filter replace those terms with soy sauce and rice and watch the chaos and confusion. Also, instead of the Holy Grail, how about the Holy Hand Grenade?

I have a long ass list for my preferences but I don't send them on a password search, but I've seen users with about two pages worth of requirements and lose interest 1/3rd through them usually. I also agree on the whole rping with someone roleplaying as a real person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back