Viewpoint What makes you nope out of a search thread?

So wait "convince me" about what?

EXAMPLE A
INTERESTS
- Witches
- Superheroes (OMG CRAVING)
- Aliens (convince me)

EXAMPLE B
I'd really like to do FxF but I'd be willing to do FxM if you can convince me?
I do kind of get it, as I have this with FXF roleplays - I translate it to meaning that "it's not my preference, but I'll go for it if there's a really good plot I feel I can engage with".

Maybe it doesn't mean the same for others, but I'll admit, it does throw me off slightly if I see it in a search thread.

The whole I've been roleplaying for so many years because of it I'm very picky about who I write with bit. A lot of people have written for a good minute too but there's no need to broadcast it like that. Automatic no for me.
That always irks me, too. It just gives me a really.. off vibe when they word it like that?

Lol I answer those kinda of ads all the time. Honestly it usually just means they can’t think of an idea on their own or they aren’t fully confident in their own abilities in doing whatever.

But if you give them a jumping off point most of the time they’re game.

The rest of the time their just a little burnt out on the idea but don’t take take it off because they are at least willing to hear people’s pitches

Lmao wdym it kills u imo you're overreacting k bye ttyl ✌

Dont kill me I'm kidding
I felt great anger reading this.

And I don't like it cause there's never any emotion behind them.

If someone says lol they're not really laughing. Especially if they follow it up with that condescending laughing while crying emoji.

If someone says lol they're not really laughing. Especially if they follow it up with that condescending laughing while crying emoji.
I use lol to relay humor because no one can see me smile or actually laugh.

I use lol to relay humor because no one can see me smile or actually laugh.
Yeah I've never interpreted 'lol' as someone actually saying 'I am laughing out loud right now', more, "I found this statement funny" or "I don't want what I'm saying to come across as hostile because it's the internet and you can't always tell someones tone through text, so.. I'm gonna put a lol". I think internet slang can actually be helpful in that regard.

Ehhh... lol just makes you sound more hostile in my opinion really. It's like "here is a thing I'm saying also I'm laughing because I'm right and your wrong."

At least, that's how I read it. Sounds condescending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back