Viewpoint What makes you nope out of a search thread?

Looking around, I decided to post to this thread when I saw it! I never thought I was a picky RPer, but some bad instances on a different site made me realize otherwise.

• Search threads that are too business like. Roleplays aren't a business transaction, at least, to me. I get majorly turned away if the wording is too stiff, or if there are too many rules that make it sound like a contract rather than an invitation.
    • Related to the above: I vastly dislike threads that go "Muse A x Muse B" or propose a roleplay between their OC and a canon character (you). It's just... Boring, to me. I mean, I've kind of done Muse A x Muse B prompts before, but only with a trusted friend that I was well certain would make it interesting to me.

• I have to be able to talk OOC with the person, or well, talk to them in PMs. I'm not the kind of roleplayer to just roleplay with no ideas in mind, even in the middle of the roleplay. I'm going to come to you with ideas that we can execute, and I expect the other person to do the same. I'm not much of a chatty person, but I'll also probably be chatting with them about other things, so I'd hope they don't get too snappy lol.
    • Kind of related, I want a person to be able to come up with their own ideas and not just agree with me. Roleplays work both ways, if I'm the only one coming up with ideas what's going to happen is I'll experience burnout.

• And dear god, please don't ask me to roleplay a real person, I'm not here to fulfill your fantasies at the risk of my comfort v_v
    • Somewhat related but is only really a preference: I tend to not use Face claims, because when I create a character I think about their appearance first. And a majority of the times, their appearance is far too different than an FC I could find. Maaaybe I'll get good enough at drawing to draw my characters, but until then 👀
I guess that's all I'll mention for now, I tend to get rambly with these sorts of things xP

It's hilarious to me that RPN says "no ERP", meanwhile everyone knows damn well that's literally the entirety of the 1x1 section.

To be fair, I haven't yet roleplayed on this site yet, it was just a HUGE problem on a different site I used to frequent lolol I've had this profile ever since 2015 and I'm only just now using it because one of my friends is on here xP

It's hilarious to me that RPN says "no ERP", meanwhile everyone knows damn well that's literally the entirety of the 1x1 section.

Not that I have seen. In fact folks seem to go out of their way to reiterate that they want an actual story attached to their romance. Even the folks into the cliche drama of it all still go out of their way to say they want to fade to black.

I mean even on Gaia which had effectively no oversight so you could roleplay whatever there wasn’t a lot of people looking for ERP in the 1x1 section specifically. It was usually more in their equivalent of General Discussion forum.

I think it’s just a case of the examples of bad actors being so outrageous they stick in people’s memories, so they seem more common than they actually are.

That's kind of a weird assumption that just because an RP is not a group oriented one that automatically that person wants to do something like ERP. As someone that does exclusively 1x1, it's mostly because 1 person = less problems.
In a group, there's just too much shit going on for me to keep up.
In a 1x1, we're both going at our own pace. Also, RPN is, from what I've seen, very good at keeping ERP out.

I may as well say that the whole specific requirements for face cams (as they are called) might discourage me personally depending on the context of the rp itself. I have actually been on an rp that had this requirement for realistic face cams and the gm was willing to help me out with looking for one. I would still prefer not to have such stringent requirements for a character's appearance (especially in a written medium.) But that is just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back